PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:20:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 103624 times)
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 20, 03:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't whack them with a chair either. Personally, what I'd like to do, is unleash my 5 month old pekinese on whatever machines they have their precious pay crap stored. It would be much more cruel, believe me  Grin And with Peggy, it would be quite ironic, since both come from China.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 20, 03:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did mention its been a trying week, right? Cheesy  I've gone through two packs of ciggies and I've been getting angry noises about that too.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 20, 06:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Peggy needs to die. Lets hope she never sets foot in England, or she'll find herself in peril.

Of course she bases it off a store hair so you pay more, typical pay site.
eph
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 20, 06:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not interested in Sims3, but doesn't the new EULA allow everyone to modify fanstuff anyway? What's she gonna do when even EA says it's okay?
Modify her pay hairs a little bit and offer them for download everywhere, on MTS, on GoS, every big place, with a new creator name and just a tiny credit notice.
If she is save from the law in China you are safe from her too. Different continents works both ways.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 20, 06:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is still debate about what the EULA actually means and extends to. It only talks about content shared though the software, meaning the launcher. So that would only count recolored patterns, lots, and sims.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 20, 08:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Motoki, it's hard to keep going when you're told to back off and then get slapped with a label like the one I did, when there are people on other forums that swear just as bad if not worse than I do. Me, I have to be pretty provoked into going off like an f-bomb with a rant. Others elsewhere, not so much.
What do you mean SLAPPED? You got a SPECIAL TITLE. It's your THING! That's not a PUNISHMENT, it's a carte blanche to keep DOING it. You are the infamous Pottymouth Paden! Slapped would be if you got a title like Stupid Tchan's.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 20, 10:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is still debate about what the EULA actually means and extends to. It only talks about content shared though the software, meaning the launcher. So that would only count recolored patterns, lots, and sims.

I find the new new EULA pretty confusing also. On the peggy hairs I am reading it as anything that has used the launcher belongs to EA.  Peggy has reworked EA hair so she must have used the launcher to download it from EA in the first place, so anything that is derived from that work belongs to EA and should be shared freely.  Also, she totally disregarded Wes Howe's terms of use and used his tool to make pay hair, while blatantly requesting for people not to reproduce her items.  This one is really taking the piss.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 20, 11:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has just made a lot of their TS3 content pay as well. 15 pages worth of pay content, from what I can see.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 20, 11:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has just made a lot of their TS3 content pay as well. 15 pages worth of pay content, from what I can see.

It was bound to happen. They have 5 hair files now too. Dot has 4, all hats, and then there is a free toddler mesh.

And at the top they are having a summer sale, Get 30% off, save up to $26.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 20, 13:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No the Sims 3 EULA doesn't specifically address custom content. However it does say this:
1.  Limited License Grant and Terms

A. Grant. Through an authorized purchase or transfer, you acquire and EA grants you a non‐exclusive license to install and use the Software for your personal, limited, non‐commercial use solely as set forth in this License and the accompanying documentation. blablabla

So even though it doesn't identify custom content per se, one could easily argue that making content involves using the software. Um duh! Thus selling said content becomes a using the software for commercial purposes. You could say that this only applies to the game itself (i.e. copying/reselling it/whatever), however everything on the disc is part of the software you bought so if you clone anything you are in fact cloning the software. If you then decide to make something from that clone and sell it on a website, you are in fact using the software for commercial public purposes.

But we all know this already as do those who still make the CC and sell it. But they do it anyway. Why? Because they're just the kind of people who like to use other people's work to make a buck for themselves. I'm sure some don't limit themselves to the Sims.

As for Peggy, well ya she's just doing what she does. She's a hack that makes gappy inferiour game borking hair and doesn't care who she fucks in the process as long as she doesn't have to work 18 hour days in a rat infested bead factory in Xinjiang province. So what's new.

I would imagine that most people who download that shit don't hang out here so they how would they even know what she's doing unless the outraeg is expressed on the sites where they do. Besides a lot of players just want MOAR PRETTY HAIRZ for their little simmies and don't really give a flying fuck where it came from or who got probed in the process. Sad but truefax.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 20, 15:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would imagine that most people who download that shit don't hang out here so they how would they even know what she's doing unless the outraeg is expressed on the sites where they do. Besides a lot of players just want MOAR PRETTY HAIRZ for their little simmies and don't really give a flying fuck where it came from or who got probed in the process. Sad but truefax.

Yeah I pretty much got that when I read this reply on Peggyzone.  Screw the fact it craps out your game.  Keep up the good work.

Yeah my game crash when i use your great hair to. And its a bummer cause i just love it. I dont have any hacks... atleast i dont think i do.... mostly hairs and clothes that is downloaded... dunno why. Yeah ofcourse just a few cause im always one of few that have problems lol. Hoping ill figure this one out but i dont have a clue. im one of those that dont know anything about comps and just gets amazed everytime i see all the great stuff ppl make. Anyway... great site and lovely things in here so keep up the great work.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 July 20, 18:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That Peggy needs to die. Lets hope she never sets foot in England, or she'll find herself in peril.

I don't think wishing her death is something we should consider. It's not as if she's a murdered or child molester.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 20, 18:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter what the EULA says, Wes's tool does not allow items created with it to be pay.  She can wait for TSR's tool and make pay creations with it or make a tool of her own but even if she interprets the EULA to allow her to sell items, there isn't a way for her to think that the TOU that she agreed to for the tool she used allows for that.  Even TSR realized that in order to sell things this time and try to say " the EULA says I can" that they would have to create their own tools to do it and not rip everything from the free community in order to sell stuff.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 20, 19:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We may not be able to stop pay items, but if those that create the tools that are used have a TOS that says "NO PAY STUFFS", then their rights should be honored.  If someone, i.e. Peggy, TSR, use them, they shouldn't make the item pay.  Plain and simple.  But the creators of programs have to enforce their TOS.  And we always support them.  We can spread the word that so and so is using a free program that doesn't allow for sale items and get pirate-y on them!  Maybe a topic post just for that, like "Paysites who PIRATE and Profit from Freesites" and spread a pirate attack campaign.  That way, we fight back to protect free programs, meshes, etc...from being used and abused by paysites.

As for Pottymouth Paden title, I consider it to be a honor not a slap.  If I'm gonna be in a fight, I will ALWAYS want you on my side Paden!!  Especially the Pottymouth, cuz no one can say FUCK YOU in a rant better than you.  I bow to your Pottymouth prowess!  Be proud of it and just say fuck off to anyone that disagrees.

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 20, 22:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was bound to happen. They have 5 hair files now too. Dot has 4, all hats, and then there is a free toddler mesh.

And at the top they are having a summer sale, Get 30% off, save up to $26.

Yes but our summer sale is better, 100% off!

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: