PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:49:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 103688 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 19, 17:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to this place? Three goddamn years ago, had Peggy done this, she would have gotten so many letters about what she is doing, calling her a cunt, flaming her for using a free creator's tools to make pay stuff, that her email would have crashed. Does no one give a flying fuck at a rolling donut that a free tool maker has been disrespected? Or does all anyone care about have to do with getting the custom content for free?

What happened to the fire, the passion? What happened to the moral outrage of people being ripped off just so some stupid slut pretending to be totally ignorant of the conventions of respect and copyright could make a damn buck out of people that don't have a clue about what's going on? What happened to reaching out with a message? Or is it all about letting them so what they want and then just taking their work and getting it free from the Booty any more? If so, I'm sad. Sad, sad panda. We used to get so on fire to stop this kind of garbage from happening, but now all we do is sit back, make popcorn and watch the drama unfold while someone gets screwed over.

What's this shit with TSR? Are they just sitting back and letting everyone else do all the work for developing tools for this new shiny game? Will they then take said tools and make a profit off of the work of others? Why is this even being allowed? I don't get it and I don't think that I ever will. I just don't understand any more, I guess. Had this kind of shit happened, people would have been standing on the rooftops, ready to lynch some lying bitch for ripping off the masses. Now, all people can do is yawn and wonder when and where they can get the content for free.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. Maybe the fire has died down. But you'd think, this being a new arena to carry the fight against paysites forward, that the free tool creators would be supported a lot more vociferously than I see going on in this thread. Even though this isn't my game, not something that I play, I hate seeing this done to WesH, he's worked his ass off to make this only to have some greedy pixel whore steal what he's done and make a profit off of it. What next? Delphy gets ripped off? Pescado? Where is it going to stop, especially now that Thomass is poking his nose out and taking soundings to see just how safe the waters are for him, the rotten bottom feeder?

If Peggy gets away with this, TSR may just go full steam ahead and release a shit load of stuff as soon as they can get their greedy mitts on these tools. We've already seen the flip-flopping going on about stuff over there: is it pay or is it free? One hour you have to pay, the next it's free. Usually after someone over here says something about it. If nothing is said or done about this, if no word gets out to the whole Sims 3 community about what has been done to the developer of a free tool that actually works, the flood gates will be opened and nothing is going to halt the force of the paysite assholes crashing out of those gates to turn a profit.

If that's the case, then I don't know if I really want to be around. Maybe I'm old and tired, I don't know. I've been active on the net and in real life about getting the word out about paysites being the evil and it could be that it's time to take a break and fade into the wood work. The lack of response in regards to what is going on just makes me shake my head in disbelief at the seeming apathy which seems to be the overwhelming response. Where is the desire for justice, for equity, and the desire to have one's work respected? Did it fade out in the excitement of the new shiny?

I've only seen a few people saying that they are upset by this, Dr. House being a great example of how this honestly pisses her off. Others seem to shrug it off and say, "Meh, it's only Peggy, big deal." It is a big deal. One gets away with it and others will follow. I know that plenty of people will see my name on this post and skip over it, because I have read the comments that say they never read what I post any more. Fine, so be it. But, at least I had something to say and did say it. At least I still care about the free creators getting ripped off and fucked over, although I seem to be in a minority. A rapidly shrinking minority.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 19, 17:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Won't download them- won't use them- Peggy your hairs are a disgrace- you make every single person who has been working their asses off to get CC for this game up and running look bad with your half assed work using tools that you are not allowed to use to create CC either by the EULA's implemented by the tools creators- or the EA EULA itself- you and Thomass really need to get it through your overly rock filled skulls that selling shit that belongs to someone else (EA) is called stealing- fencing hot property etc- taking someone elses idea - altering it a bit by removing the headband adding curls  or adding a barette (yes your hairs that closely resemble the store hairs/base game hairs you based them on) does not mean you own it- ( After all King James translated the Bible into  English - that does not mean in todays' world he would have intellectual property rights over it- the people who wrote the original books of the Bible would legally hold intellectual copyright)

And lets be realistic here- if I want ugly overpriced stuff for my TS3 game- same attitude as my TS2 game- I will buy it at the EA Store  at least I am supporting the U.S economy by buying from the EA Store and they designed the game and own the rights to it- and they charge .75 cents for a hair not 4 dollars  You don't- you should be apologizing to WesH for using his tools without permission to create stuff especially since you don't even credit him-  when you don't credit the /programmer/modder/ creator -  it is theft - and that is only if their TOU allows YOU as a paysite owner to use their stuff- if they say no and you use it anyways  it is still THEFT.  WesH said no so you are a thief (given paysites are still technically illegal according to U.S copyright law if not international copyright law - no matter what the EULA currently says you are also a thief for charging  for EA's stuff ) You as one of the most loudest voices in the " Wahhh you used my fugly shit without crediting me Wahh Wahh Wahh!!"tantrums being thrown by paysite owners  like Rose Thomass etc should already understand this- and even TSR  creators at least credit Pete and Inge for Simpe and WesH for his TS2 Plugins - even if it still goes against to programs EULA for them to make shit and then sell it .

Thomass- according to U.S copyright law- something you clearly know nothing about- the only one with a Copyright over CC is EA Games- especially given that you STILL have THIEVES like Shakeshaft on staff - you have no moral or ethical foot to stand on buddy - given how many meshes some of your creators have downright stolen, and how many meshes and recolors or other creators meshes have been posted on your paysite against their express wishes that their stuff and recolors of their stuff NOT be posted on your PAYSITE!!!-  And don't say you are not responsible- you and your brothers own and manage the site so even if you had no prior knowledge of theft - you are responsible according to all basic business ethics concepts .Hell you don't even have a moral or ethical toenail to stand on so take your self-righteous prattle and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Honestly I am not that anxious for new hair - I prefer to wait for the good content to come out- Nouks/HP's etc - until then I have my lovely hair texture replacements by Ja at GOS .
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 20:36:30 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 19, 18:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, it is not a surprise that someone would do this but it hardly means we are not outraged - personally I am furious over it, and I will admit that you saying that we know longer cares does annoy me. I do not have TS3, and do not intend to (they are too pudding for me), but still see the free community creating the tools and getting fucked over for it. Peggy does not play the game, she just creates products and sells them, and TS3 is another arena for her to do this in. And that line from Thomas that Pescado quoted a page back, well, I can hardly begin commenting on it.. 

As Wes has property rights over his tool then he can likely do something about this..I have not read anywhere where he has said what he is going to do so that is still up in the air. Likely an email from him would be more effective then flaming ones...discussions have greater effects then bashings. As a community, I say boycott - we should not allow this to happen.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 19, 18:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Wes has property rights over his tool then he can likely do something about this..I have not read anywhere where he has said what he is going to do so that is still up in the air. Likely an email from him would be more effective then flaming ones...discussions have greater effects then bashings. As a community, I say boycott - we should not allow this to happen.

He said on MATY that there is nothing he can do:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15971.msg459859.html#msg459859

Quote from: wes_h
Quote from: zolabee
Like that has ever mattered to her?  What can you do about it? Complain to EA?  We could boycott her site. *But, I thought we already did that*  Realistically though what would be a good plan?  It's not right, but...

Little I can do. It's not like I am reaping a profit from selling the plugins to fund a legal department.

But it isn't right. I spent a *lot* of time getting these developed (with some help from my friends), and wrote the spec that is on the wiki for anyone. And I have been very clear about the terms of use. I shouldn't care, but it is irritating that she is leveraging my free tool for her profit.

There is now a blender script for exporting GEOM meshes now, she could use that. Or pay someone to write a tool from the spec; at least TSR has chosen to try that route. Or she could just post the meshes in a separate, freely redistributable package and sell the textures.

And I too am outraged over it, although I also have to admit I am hardly surprised about it.

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 19, 19:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Padens, it's due to the forum changes. It must have all started with the topic that basically said "Be less mean!" that was adressed to all the members 'cause we were frightening outsiders and our anti-paysites message wasn't passing correctly. And the changes accelerated the last couple of months since a lot of old members are disappearing. Whenever we get a bit harsh with a troll we get hitten hard on the hand with a ruler by other members. The cohesion against the ennemy faded away. Even you got censored: you used a few 'dirty' words and zam! you got a 'pottymouth' special title. Clearly the only passion/rage that are allowed now are fights between members and that's the kind of fights I deeply loathe since I'm pro-cohesion. So why would we get all raging and rumbling?! To be virtually slapped for being oh so meanies? Nope. So we're all soooo nice now... The fire didn't die from itself but was slowly dozed off. I'm not saying the changes aren't good (see how prudent I am now?! Silly eh) but you cannot have both. And don't anyone quote me on my post, I won't go in a fight to explain myself and won't answer ya. I have the right to have an opinion based on what happened here. All this sounds terribly rude but it's not, really. Lips sealed

Yes sadly Wes said on mts & MATY that there's nothing he can do. Someone with the skills should hack and melt that bitch's site. I wish I knew how to do that or how to program a bot to drown her mailbox with millions of hate mails Angry T$R will make all its Sims3 stuff pay because of that nasty bitch.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 19, 20:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now for some good news--HP release two of her new hairs over at MTS.  I'm downloading them now and I'm going to try them in my game.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 19, 20:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, it's not that the fire is gone, it's the resignation. Look at it this way. The fights been going on for years, and for years we've been spitting brimestone over ever little thing - yes, I'll say we, because even though I'm a bit fresh here, I've been getting pissed off at paysites since I discovered they exist. And what has that brought? What is the effect? Sure, a few paysites did go down, but which of them was the real ass sore like Peggy or TSR? The ones that lead the paysites army and shine examples to the other greedy twats are still fine and running, pretty much shitting on us and what we say. And you know why? Because we play fair and thus we can't do anything to really hurt them.

This makes me recall a quote from a good, old classic movie "Cobra" with Sylvester Stallone. I can't remember the words exactly, but at some point, one of "Marion's" superior officers said something like: "We're the police, we follow the rules." and Cobretti answered "Well then we've already lost, because the crooks don't follow any rules." I can't find anything more adequate to our present situation than that. Paysiters won't stop, because they don't respect the oposition, and also they're the type that don't respect anything, unless they're afraid of it.

Another quote from a film, this time the quite crappy "Chronicles of Riddick", however sounding quite adequate to me: "Sometimes you can't fight evil with good. Sometimes you have to fight evil with another kind of evil."

If anyone cares to hear my opinion on this, then I say it's time to stop playing politics Pirates, it's time to see this is bloody war.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 19, 22:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Padens, it's due to the forum changes. It must have all started with the topic that basically said "Be less mean!" that was addressed to all the members 'cause we were frightening outsiders and our anti-paysites message wasn't passing correctly.

Really? Well I guess that explains a lot. It's funny because this was always a more rough and tumble place than MATY, but nowadays I see noobs getting a ripped a new asshole regularly there and people here are practically singing kumbaya.

I thought one of the prerequisites to being on a Pescado board was being mean an onrey or at least not being opposed to people who were.

And yes I think Peggy deserves anything she gets at this point. Someone should hack her place and replace her hot mess ass Anime shit layout with something tasteful. That ought to confuse her. Cheesy

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 19, 22:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Motoki, it's hard to keep going when you're told to back off and then get slapped with a label like the one I did, when there are people on other forums that swear just as bad if not worse than I do. Me, I have to be pretty provoked into going off like an f-bomb with a rant. Others elsewhere, not so much.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 19, 23:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, I doubt the outrage is gone, but it may be that some people are wondering what they can do that would be effective.  Of course we should get the word out on all the boards we can.  However, I suspect that the places where people actually listen, MTS, MATY, etc., are the ones that already know Peggy is scum.  We can post on the BBS and get censored by Hydra and Drea, we can post on TSR and get censored by Cadiva.  Not saying we shouldn't, I just wish there was something we could do that would have a large impact on Peggy.  Get the word out on her board?  Probably get censored there.  What to do?  Post, post, and post some more.

How about starting a legal defense fund for WesH?  Find a lawyer, ask if this can be taken to court, and if so, get a big "Legal Defense Donation" button up?

edit: I thought the whole "be less mean" thing was about not dogpiling on newbies.  What does it have to do with criticising paysites?  Nothing, I thought.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 20, 00:41:20 by CatOfWar » Logged

simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 19, 23:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy is a greedy lazy bitch.
*slaps her Eastenders style*
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 19, 23:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about starting a legal defense fund for WesH?  Find a lawyer, ask if this can be taken to court, and if so, get a big "Legal Defense Donation" button up?

Well even if he got a lawyer Peggy is in China so I doubt it will do much good. Tongue

Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 19, 23:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think our first order of business here, is going back to the good, old, rough hardcore. This ain't a bloody playground.

Paden, I understand how shitty it is, when you get slapped on the wrist for acting appropriate to the place, or it seemed that way at least. But then, some start moaning that people act mean, ugly, and not nicezzz  - been there a lot in life, since I have a tendency to be painfully and unsensitevly honest. Well, they saw to what place they were signing up, and if not, it's their problem. If they're adults, they can either get used to it or leave. If don't do one of the two, they're whiny 12'ves. It's been agreed a long time ago, that this ain't a democratic, either a politically correct and polite board. After all, we're pirates for shit's sake! Pirates aren't supposed to be nice by definition.

TS3 seemed to be a new opening to do something about those paysite shitheads. Instead, we're sleeping through this new occassion. The payshits are shitting on us, Free-supporters, again, by abusing free creators' work. Nothing new, true. The question is however, are we gonna change into a blob of mashed potatos and ignore it, because it ain't nothing new, or are we gonna at least try make them regret it.

Pirates, really, get your firepower back, so we can finally blast those payshits to kingdom come. True, they don't deserve that much effort or attention, but lets put our higher level in a box for now, and give them that destructive attention.

Motoki - you're probably right, since she is from China, it might not do much good, but it's worth a try. Anything is worth a bloody try. Even if it will be futile, we might at least by some chance spoil some of her blood over it. That will also be a victory.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 20, 00:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal idea would be for one of us with server access to start our own Sims Finds sites- like the Free Content Pawns Paysite Crap only with it's own site- because realistically we are simply not reaching a wide enough range of Sims gamers with the thread- it is merely those of us that are members here and most of our visitors are repeat visitors (or offenders if they are paysite trolls)  and publicize it at MTS, The BBS and anywhere we can - it can appear to be a normal finds site like Spring4sims or Sims Daily until you see the side by side pics for the paysite finds with - this is the picture " Peggy, Rose, Shakeshit " gave you- This is what it actually looks like in the average TS1-TS2-TS3 game without special lighting or photoshopping- And then follow each paysite find up with 10 or 15 or 20 better quality free finds- Honestly if someone wants to take on the task - I would help look for finds and am I sure that between our Freesite Pawns Pay thread and our Prettiest Free Creations threads we would already have several months worth of material

Of course that is given anyone has enough time energy and patience to do so - given that many of the  members of the Free  Sims Community have been working a ridiculous number of hours in their free time to make TS3 a little bit more than the steaming pile of cat poo that EA originally released (don't get me wrong I like the game - I would not have gotten it if I didn't but EA truly experienced phail overload this time around) - and that is unfortunately probably a task for another day- Of course given that darling Peggy cloned her hairs from Store hairs - most people won't be able to use them anyways- unless they just happened to have bought those specific hairs from the Store or obtained them by other means
« Last Edit: 2009 July 20, 00:27:01 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 20, 03:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$%#&^*^&*#$%&^*&^(*^( *blows up*

There, some blowing up - sorry, I'm tired, its been a very long week for me with making an internet radio station work.  But I think its stable now, so I can breathe and catch up.

Seriously, I've never been a pissy person - I might go berserk if provoked enough, but unless Peggy or Thoma$$ or any of the other paysite folks were right here, I can't lay into them and whack them with a folding chair, as much as I'd like to.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: