PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:30:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 103963 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #255 on: 2009 July 31, 18:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Money goes a long way towards erasing idealism, though. Sad but true.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 August 01, 03:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A no one does anything about it, except teaching how to conveniety disguise everything under a mask of political correctness.
Mary_Read
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 August 01, 04:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the record, Rose's hair, well, the long one at least, is shit.  Really glitchy, big gaps appearing off and on, poorly colored.  I am glad she's trying, but it should be free when it's this shitty.  Well, it should always be free, anyway, but more so when it's fucked up. Angry
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2009 August 01, 13:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The deal is that neither Rose or Peggy is genuinely trying. It is one thing for HystericalParoxysysm to take all of her old hairs and all of Nouks and Fanseelambs hairs and convert them for TS3 and give them away for nothing at MTS.  She actually edits the meshes and changes them so that they fit the new Sims in Sims 3 so they look nice. Rose and Peggy both are charging for hairs that are little more than ports of their TS2 hairs which means if you bought those hairs from them when they were TS2 hairs, you are now paying twice for hair that has never even been edited which is why it looks like shit on fat Sims in TS3. The blogger that was doing all the ports of Peggy, Rose and Newsea Pay hairs is now actually releasing them. They have been cleaned up a bit  and had obvious problems fixed by a MATYian and are posted in Pudding Factory at MATY if you have to have the God Awful hairs from those two go get the free ones ported by someone else.

The ironic thing is between the new EULA and WesHowe's and Delphy's EULA's on the hair tools they can get shared all over the internetz and all Peggy and Rose can do is whine and make legal threats with no real basis.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 August 02, 09:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been keeping a long list of Asian hairs here at MATY http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16079.0.html

Most are bootleg Peggy conversions, but I just put one of the Rose 'donation' hairs up that someone posted a link to with a bunch of mirrors.

As HP said, by publicly acknowledging the use of Delphy's tool, Rose must abide by the terms of use that she accepted for it, one of which is anything created with it must be file share friendly.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 02, 10:06:06 by Motoki » Logged

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 August 11, 14:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have to share what someone posted on peggy's site:

I also like free converted hairs like you guys.
But we should draw the lines on somewhere of this thread.
It is so weird that Peggy is just staring at this post.

I know many people can convert TS2 hairs to TS3. But in order to enjoy better quality itmes, we need some experts to do that. I don't want to lose Peggy even though she confronts many difficulties regarding some legal issue and technical background of her hairs.

I also can make clothes, customizable cosmetics and furniture. But I can't handle all those items with my poor specialty. Because people always want better items for the game.

Peggy has spent lots of times to create or convert items for the Sim2 and the Sim3. She really deserves to keep her work.

When it comes to the donation that is getting to be the target of the criticism, I have a different idea on it. How many people can last their work without any encouragement or compensation?  she will be really hard to spend her own time and make progress on her work if she gets nothing from her passion for the game.
I want to make her go further with praise and encouragement.

So to me it seems this person is saying no one should be converting Peggy's hairs because only Peggy is an expert on converting her hairs. And also the part about she needs donations to see that people like her work. Ummm, not a single person at MTS or GOS gets money for their work, but they know people like their work because they tell them, and use it, and share pics with the content in use.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: 2009 August 11, 14:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is why she has a comments section and a guest book. That is why you put a little thank you button on your site. We should all quit converting Peggy's  and Rose's hairs because they are to much work to friggin fix in order to make them work properly. We all know creators that have edited and  fixed Peggy hairs back in the TS2 days. I have read threads where those people essentially stated that it would be less of a pain in the ass to just make their own hair rather than fixing  mediocre creators messes in the first place.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2009 August 11, 22:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's time for an army of sockpuppets to invade the BBS. 

"I'm confused about a rule I keep seeing here.  We are not supposed to link to any site that has any content that raises the games t for teen rating but I keep seeing links to sites like Peggy's which has adult content like nude skins and very adult clothing.  I'm a total newbie here so I jsut don't want to get this wrong."

Bonus points if you throw in a little flattery for the pay crap to make it sound more legit.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 August 12, 01:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's time for an army of sockpuppets to invade the BBS. 

"I'm confused about a rule I keep seeing here.  We are not supposed to link to any site that has any content that raises the games t for teen rating but I keep seeing links to sites like Peggy's which has adult content like nude skins and very adult clothing.  I'm a total newbie here so I jsut don't want to get this wrong."

Bonus points if you throw in a little flattery for the pay crap to make it sound more legit.

It could work, but it needs more stupid. The spelling is too good for it to be mistaken as a legit BBS post.  Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 August 12, 02:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I proposed to do the same thing in the TSR smutty thread. Make a thread on the BBS and ask about why can't you link to MTS but you can like to TSR when they have content like this *insert any pic of smutty content on TSR, preferably Sims 3 content* Then post a link to the content on TSR so they can't say that isn't from TSR.

I really would love to see how the SimGurus respond to that.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2009 August 12, 03:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well since I don't have Sims 3 I haven't logged into the new section on the BBS or gone looking for content at all.  I'll have to make myself a list from the smutty thread and this one of crap to link to (I'm open to suggestions).  I'm on sort of vacation for another two weeks and suddenly can't get the WTF Editor to work so I have some free time to wreak a little havoc. 

I was thinking about the actually linking to adult materials thing in the fakenoob posts; if I post the link right away the thread will get yanked pretty quickly and then the proof is gone right?  So maybe I'll have to build up to it.  I think I'm gonna need some rum for this plan. 

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 August 12, 03:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if they yank the posts, that just shows there is content on TSR not suitable to be linked on the BBS, with should mean no linking at all.

I know, in EA logic it won't work that way. They will just yank the posts and when asked about it either deny they were there in the first place, or give the general "TSR has great content for the game" type message.

I really think the reason they won't let you link to MTS on the BBS is not really because of adult content, but more political. We know there have been problems between MTS and TSR (Namely the Buggybooz scandal), MTS mods the game, allowing people to add to and change how the game works, and while they may not have a great relationship, Delphy and Pescado are in contact with each other from time to time about different things, and you can't like to MATY or us on the BBS. And EA probably sees it as TSR has been around longer than MTS, so TSR is the better site.

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: 2009 August 12, 22:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK the plan is in motion.  I'm going with the week long build up to posting my links questions so I look legit.  Since I don't actually have the Sims 3 anymore (arred and discarded until it will run on my machine) I have to be careful on the factual details.  If you think you spot me, say hi.  Heh.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 August 12, 23:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heres another good comment from Peggy's forum:

It's not fair for other people to do that. The creations are Peggy's, and no one else entitled to converting them. It's like stealing; it's not right.

But my all time favorite was one where someone said Peggy should by a license for her hairs, that way no one, even EA could tell her she can't charge for her hair, and no one could steal her hairs.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 August 13, 00:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But my all time favorite was one where someone said Peggy should by a license for her hairs, that way no one, even EA could tell her she can't charge for her hair, and no one could steal her hairs.
LOL That is so funny and naive, but it's somehow sad to see such dumbness Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: