PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:01:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy  (Read 102404 times)
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Well here we go, I present the first TS3 Pay items thanks to Peggy
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 19, 02:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*gets the pitchfork and the torch ready and heads to China*

Oh and if anyone wants to Arrrr them and hasn't been following the thread at MATY MistyK put them up here

However Delphy notes: "As I posted on MTS, she's done it *extremely* amatuerishly, too.  Just the basics, to get it to show in game but she's left a whole heap of linkages back to the store hair still." so use at your own risk!
« Last Edit: 2009 July 19, 02:08:13 by Motoki » Logged

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 19, 02:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Peggy Hair.

Problem:

Response:
Unfortunately, it is inevitable that some of the face shapes will not work with the hairstyle and will intersect the hair

Ya really. Just use a normal face shape and not one of those weird ones. Gawd Roll Eyes

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 19, 02:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know that much hair fail was even possible.  Peggy has outdone herself.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 19, 03:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Peggy Hair.

Problem:
<snip scary hair>

Response:
Unfortunately, it is inevitable that some of the face shapes will not work with the hairstyle and will intersect the hair

Ya really. Just use a normal face shape and not one of those weird ones. Gawd Roll Eyes

Kenmtl, do you have any of the store hairs in your game?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 19, 03:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair that Ken has I believe was her earlier version that just replaced the mohawk. Apparently it worked "fine" in CAS for a lot of users, but once in the real game it caused many games to crash. I think I read somewhere that the sims 3 operates on very low polys, and anything of very high poly will cause your game to crash. But don't quote me on that because I could have been dream simming.  Wink The hairs that Delphy was referring to are her newer pay hairs. I personally haven't tried them out but if I understand correctly her hair won't work unless you have the corresponding store hairs. Which would make sense since already a couple of the GOSlings are having issues with her hairs.

I was reading on the creator forums on how close Delphy/HP are to actually having stand alone meshes, and that apparently Delphy has some sort of "tool" to run the hair meshes through. I can't wait for HP to start converting some Nouky goodness! I needs me some neena tails!  Cry

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 19, 03:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not just close - doing it successfully.

I'm currently working on converting one of Nouk's male hairs (the Sport short hair) for all ages.  Possibly also for females too because it looks pretty cute on them (though still needs some fixing up).  I've also got my Cherub hair about 60% converted (the remaining 40% is the shitty horrible part that I hate - control maps, how I LOATHE YOU). 

Part of this is putting D's tool through its paces and finding the bugs and working out its kinks.. 

I'll be concentrating on decent male hair out of mine and Nouk's catalogs at first, since I have a feeling TS3 male hairs will be the same My Little Pony WTFery we had for TS2, but after I get the hang of it and have it down to a science, I'll start plugging forward on more of Nouk's pretty hairs like the dreads and fluffy ponytails and whatnot.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 19, 03:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not mine I pulled it off her forum. Here  I just thought the response was funny and typical.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 19, 03:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@HP: Oh nice! We definitely need more male hairs, and real ones too, not froofy doofy girly Anime layered crap converted over from the women to men. I don't want my guys looking like an emo tranny, thanks.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 19, 03:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@HP: Nice! I hope there will be a tut out for those of us who want to plug our favorite TS2 hairs into TS3 without having to beg for help.  Wink
@Ken: My bad, I assumed it was yours and didn't read very well. I should have known better that you would not commit suicide to your game by putting that hair in there. My apologies.  Kiss

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 19, 03:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missbonbon - Eventually, yes, once I get the hang of doing it myself reliably.  It's really -not- easy though.  Part a science but a lot of it is still an art.  A tedious, masochistic, "god I hate meshing so fucking much" art.  It'll probably be more a tiptorial than a tutorial, geared toward folks who already do some meshing but just want the rough parts explained.  And won't be coming super soon though I may post a real basic summary when D posts up his tool.  Hard to find enough time to work on the meshes themselves these days let alone teach others how, but I'll try.  Smiley
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 19, 10:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE
We have confirmation that Peggy has callously disregarded the license prohibitions against making Payware with the WesHtool.

No surprise there. So what is Wes going to do about it? When Delphy releases his tool, am sure she (and others) will do the same.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 19, 14:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tangentially related LOLWUT. I am pretty sure that TSR's new plan is to attempt to murder me with laughter:
< ThomasTSR> Pescado, will you respect our efforts to do things the right way this time around and thus respect our copyright also?
I wonder if he realizes that by saying this he has admitted that he was WRONG last time...and since he doesn't appear to be changing this position and EA *STILL* claims to own everything, he STILL IS.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 19, 15:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE
We have confirmation that Peggy has callously disregarded the license prohibitions against making Payware with the WesHtool.

No surprise there. So what is Wes going to do about it? When Delphy releases his tool, am sure she (and others) will do the same.

He's said there really isn't much he can do. Sad I mean she's in China so not like EA or US lawyers or anyone have any jurisdiction there. You'd have better luck anonymously tipping off the Chinese government that she's using her internet profits to fund the Falun Gong. Tongue

Tangentially related LOLWUT. I am pretty sure that TSR's new plan is to attempt to murder me with laughter:
< ThomasTSR> Pescado, will you respect our efforts to do things the right way this time around and thus respect our copyright also?
I wonder if he realizes that by saying this he has admitted that he was WRONG last time...and since he doesn't appear to be changing this position and EA *STILL* claims to own everything, he STILL IS.

Ugh, so TSR had to put their two cents in too? I'm sure they're just pissed off that someone else beat them to the punch putting out the first TS3 pay item.  Roll Eyes

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 19, 15:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, don't forget that Peggy's chinese and the notion of 'perfect propotions' beauty differs in the world. That's why her heads are generally round with pointy chin, bigger eyes and higher mouth.

I saw Peggy's hairs topic at MATY. These hairs don't seem to crash the game since they don't replace actual hairs. BUT they're only alpha-edits of store hairs and Delphy supposes that her hairs may not work correctly if you don't have the store hairs she used installed in your game. Plus they don't have the elder part. That girl hates elders ^^
I'm pissed off. That bitch blatantly used a free tool with an anti-pay tos to make pay hairs. *prepares torches and pitchforks*

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
alwaysvindicated
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 19, 15:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded the free male hair and one of the free female hairs to see what they look like in game. But their files sizes are large, much like the store hair files. The male hair was 7.4Mbs, and the female hair I got was 4.6Mbs.

I also noticed that her hair files are huge, but running them through the compressor got them to about 1/3 of their original file size.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: