PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:24:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 100446 times)
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #255 on: 2006 November 12, 05:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she really wanted to "vanish" she wouldn't put a huge ass link on her retailsims site front page.

I agree, tits rock.  As does Futurama.

OT, but is anyone else having problems receiving email notifications on posts? I've checked my settings and they're set to send out an email, and my email is correct.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #256 on: 2006 November 12, 05:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted a comment on her blog entry about her flawed analogy
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #257 on: 2006 November 12, 05:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah damn, the link isn't working for me.  :x

This is what I get for having a job; I miss out on all of the Awesomeness over here.

EDIT- Huh..... and now it magically works again. Myspace had a seizure, perhaps?

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #258 on: 2006 November 12, 05:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myspace always has problems.
Solowren
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #259 on: 2006 November 12, 05:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
Myspace always has problems.

True that, homie. 8D

I read *most* of the blog. Commented on it, too. What a crazy lady. Shocked

quoth my brother-in-law:
"Boobs are way better than video games. I don't care what game or whose boobs."
Noodle
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #260 on: 2006 November 12, 05:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From HChangeri's MySpace blog, I could not get past this line of reasoning:
... the problem is that everyone is overlooking the fact that its not about selling content for TS2, is about selling a custom created 3D mesh.  That mesh is NOT exclusive to TS2 or any other game and has value in and of itself.

What value is a TS2 mesh without TS2? I fail to understand the logic.  :roll: [/quote]
Pariland
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #261 on: 2006 November 12, 06:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shhh... you'll let out a dirty little secret.

A TS2 mesh is not a TS2 mesh without the game, its code and the packages.  It is just some 3D model.  And then, paysite owners would have a legitimate beef - if they were only selling the models and photshop images.

But alas, they are not.  If fact, that is only about 1% of what they are selling.  The other 99% is Maxis code.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #262 on: 2006 November 12, 06:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pariland"
Shhh... you'll let out a dirty little secret.

A TS2 mesh is not a TS2 mesh without the game, its code and the packages.  It is just some 3D model.  And then, paysite owners would have a legitimate beef - if they were only selling the models and photshop images.

But alas, they are not.  If fact, that is only about 1% of what they are selling.  The other 99% is Maxis code.

A TS2 mesh is an almost USELESS 3D model without the game- I'm sure there are a gazillion reasons people want 3D models of crappy hairs  :roll:
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #263 on: 2006 November 12, 06:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The underlying message I got from that whole lot of mishmash wasn't that donations weren't for bandwidth but to compensate her for all her hard work.

I think, as a creator, I should have the right to charge for the work that went into the creation of the mesh
Lauren
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #264 on: 2006 November 12, 06:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, isn't charging for the items and the work going against the (minimal) restrictions EA put up? You stupid, stupid twit.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #265 on: 2006 November 12, 06:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.

Sometimes I write stuff.  You know, like stories.  Sometimes poetry, but that's really for if I don't want to make a lot of sense and pretend I'm cool.  Sometimes I let people read them.

Because I put so much ohmygodmyfingersfelloffworkingonthis effort into it, I should charge the three or four people that actually read it.

Damn, I knew I was missing something.  Time to harass my friends and get them to cough up the cash...  And you know, I put a lot of work into my homework.  Teachers need to pay me, and none of this "your pay is a good grade" shtick.  I want CASH to pay for my drug habit and my children that I had birthed from some unknown father, so I need to pay for the DNA testing and getting every single male on the planet to have their DNA compared to my children's.

(Edited because I can't spell.)
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #266 on: 2006 November 12, 08:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ensign EO is earning my respect. Intellect uber alles. Unless she has a cute bod, then intellect goes out the window. Being male is a burden.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #267 on: 2006 November 12, 09:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That entire "charging for my work" thing is bogus. If I wanted to charge people for my work, I'd sidestep the entire EA EULA by making people pay for my actually doing the work. You could then pay as much or as little as you wanted, but until the requisite funds had been accumulated, I simply wouldn't do the work at all. Then once the item was finished, it would be released freely. You would truly have paid for the work, and not the item.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Retail Sims
« Reply #268 on: 2006 November 12, 11:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... the problem is that everyone is overlooking the fact that its not about selling content for TS2, is about selling a custom created 3D mesh.  That mesh is NOT exclusive to TS2 or any other game and has value in and of itself.

So why is she continuing to whine at a pitch that makes dogs' ears hurt about TS2, instead of selling her OH SO WONDERFUL TOOK HOURS OF HARD WORK 3D models on 3D modelling site for hundreds of dollars?

Perhaps she's found out the hard way that outside of TS2, her leet skills aren't in very high demand. ¬_¬
laylei
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #269 on: 2006 November 14, 09:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Renatus"

So why is she continuing to whine at a pitch that makes dogs' ears hurt about TS2, instead of selling her OH SO WONDERFUL TOOK HOURS OF HARD WORK 3D models on 3D modelling site for hundreds of dollars?

Perhaps she's found out the hard way that outside of TS2, her leet skills aren't in very high demand. ¬_¬

I'm thinking that might be a big part of her problem.

nd when you're a professional pirate... you don't have to wear a suit!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: