PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:46:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101456 times)
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #240 on: 2006 November 12, 02:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now they can go visit her new myspace where she has an extremely long post about Pay vs. Free.  She mentions that a forum she's on is talking about doing a website where pay sets would be rated to find out if they are worth paying for or not.  Isn't this discussed on this forum?

http://www.myspace.com/retailsims

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #241 on: 2006 November 12, 02:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, that's so long -- I won't even bother reading. And yeah, we did discuss about reviewing pay sets, but I think it's a bit long and time consuming. I'm gonna stick with sitting on my butt and doing nothing.
simminggramma
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #242 on: 2006 November 12, 02:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was interesting:

HChangeri's Friend Space
HChangeri has 0 friends.  

Maybe we should pass around a box Kleenex?
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #243 on: 2006 November 12, 02:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"If I choose the latter, which I have at the moment, it means I put a lot of time and effort into creating content for The Sims 2 just for me - personally I like sharing and getting feedback (of course I wish the feedback was more helpful sometimes - like an actual critique of my mesh)."

Sure.  Sure.  I believe you.  You love sharing.

And you love getting credit for every single damn thing you, don't you?

I'll... read the rest of the blog later...

We can't all just sit on our butts and do nothing.  Someone has to do something.  Right?  Right?  Hello?  Tongue
fourohfourerror
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #244 on: 2006 November 12, 02:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read it, all of it.  Waste of time.  Mostly about her integrity and why she's not going ot put her site back up, some Ayn Rand or whoever stuff, About how the meshes are the important thing and having donation sets helps to have a modicum of control over who has them, etc...

More of the same, really.  Just without all the screaming and yelling of black hat hackers.

ealth is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #245 on: 2006 November 12, 02:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think where Pescado's flaw is that he fails to see that – and to EA / Maxis does too.  3D object creators make a lot of money in the real world.  EA / Maxis is getting the benefit of having an army of creators adding value to their game (and potentially driving sales of the game, the EPs and Stuff Packs) for FREE.  I think that's why the EULA grants creators the right to charge for "bandwidth."  I think that was the lawyers' way of acknowledging that meshes are valuable commodities if they are carefully crafted.  They couldn't come out and say that without some serious legal problems so they decided to grant the right to charge for 'bandwidth.'  If you give your creations away freely then you have to expect that someone may extract that mesh and it may appear in another game or get used in some other venue that the creator didn't envision.

the arrogance astounds.
Benjamina
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #246 on: 2006 November 12, 02:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read it, and the entry after it...and now she? wants to charge a fee to show folks how to do 3d mesh creation via videos?

ROFL

ll right. No more Ms. Nice Guy.
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #247 on: 2006 November 12, 02:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading the bit where she compared Rand to this situation, I take it that this lady thinks that what JM is doing will make every single creator take away their work and everyone will DIE.

Or something.

Except some creators ARE filesharers, and no one really needs that much crap in their game anyway.  Plus...

It's just the Sims.  Yanno?  A game.  Yeaaaaah.
coliss
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #248 on: 2006 November 12, 02:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woah. Cookies for anyone who read all of it. I can't stand long-ass  text which can be summarized in two lines by some pseudo-smartass.

And charging for tutorial? She can do it if she wants. I'm just gonna sit and laugh if someone really pays.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #249 on: 2006 November 12, 02:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TLDR!!!! TITS OR GTFO!!

No, I did read it. She amuses me. She 'chuckled' at the person who said she wouldn't be missed. I'm sure he wasn't the only one, or that if she had the severe mental problems she claims to have, she wouldn't have chuckled.

Her point was put across unusually not-hysterically for her, but unfortunately she gets minus points for her hysterics, threats, and general lameness in the past, that it technically counts for nothing for me. Aside from that, it's almost convincing. And then she fucking goes on about AYN RAND again. And about Pescado DICTATING. I may be going against the general Pescado ethos here, but Pescado dictates nothing. It's more a case of Pescado mocks you, if you happen to radically disagree with him. Mocks you. Not has you hanged. Not has your family captured and tortured. MOCKS YOU. Possibly hosts your payfiles elsewhere. It's not that awful a thing, unless you've got some kind of Love ME!! complex...which rather makes me want to refer to her chuckling at the person who told her she won't be missed....I think I've lost my train of thought.

Okay, it's back. She compares the community as a whole to something in her beloved Atlas Shrugged, which is you look at her personal MySpace, she explains clarified everything in alllllll of life for her...anyway, she compares herself to her equally beloved John Galt, who 'merely vanishes'....

Observe how she hasn't vanished at all, how she's still there, ranting away, quoting Rand, who, IIRC, has even been mocked in The Simpsons, which is a lowest common denomenator if ever I saw one...but anyway...She's not endearing herself to anyone by claiming the sims 2 community has a limited view. For a start we, sadly at the moment, are the minority, so she's calling her 'fans' those who said 'omg i luv ur stuff don't go' limited, even though they're on her side, and secondly....oh, fuck it, she's just not worth it.

(edit: Lots of wine + Futurama = not good spelling from a dyslexic)

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #250 on: 2006 November 12, 03:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game content is not worth getting worked up over. Tits, on the other hand...

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #251 on: 2006 November 12, 03:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya, tits rock.

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #252 on: 2006 November 12, 03:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
Ya, tits rock.

And some of the people attached to them are nice too.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #253 on: 2006 November 12, 03:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"

She compares the community as a whole to something in her beloved Atlas Shrugged, which is you look at her personal MySpace, she explains clarified everything in alllllll of life for her...anyway, she compares herself to her equally beloved John Galt, who 'merely vanishes'....

She needs to lurk moar then, as she has not understood the book.
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #254 on: 2006 November 12, 03:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LURK MOAR!!!

(7 or 4? Wink)

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
YOU ARE A PIRATE!