PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 17:36:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Retail Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retail Sims  (Read 101498 times)
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 03, 13:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to convince my husband, who is a software engineer who specializes in internet security for the US gov (ie hacking), to bring them down.

It seems to me that the U.S. Federal goverment pays pretty damn good. They also have very good insurance coverage.

Oh and a personal update: Ummmmmm let me think, what should I say,
Oh yea, I am so depressed, my whole life I have been beaten and abused and I just cant take it anymore. I just want to throw myself out my 2 foot window. DId I tell you my dog died last spring? I am still so torn up that I have not been able to take care of her yet. She is still lying right where she died, in the kitchen, next to the birds that my friend keeps killing. My husband makes a lot of money working for the government but he doesnt make enough because I want to spend more, so I guess I will just have to screw all you wonderful people. Please dont be mad, If it was not for the fact I am a  fucken lunatic that is just,sooooo, abused, I would not do this. I went to the doctor today and he gave me all these pills but they just dont seem to work. I am certain that I am dying, I cant work, everybody hates me, I suffer from mental illness and the only thing I can do now is open a sims 2 site and charge for my content. It is the only thing that will save me.

So for the sake of all my bullshit problems and to save the starving pigmy's would you all take out your wallets, bend over and take it in the
PirateBooty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 03, 13:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg I'm dying Lackey

hahahahahahhahahaha

url=http://www.scumbox.co.uk/urapirate.swf]A pirate's life for me![/url]
exnemsims exnemsims
siggylove
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 03, 14:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whilst I feel for her on the mental health issues, that's just too much damn information.  Talk about setting yourself up for a fall.

'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotamy
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 03, 16:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I understand what she's saying and really you should take it seriously when she says she's at the edge. Cut her some slack.....Just like she should cut all us Pirates some slack. I could NEVER afford to buy CC, period. If it wasn't for aqll the FREE hard work of this community I would be thinking about that jump out the window too....even tho I too live on the first floor.....desperation!

What gets me and no one says it is: how the hell could these paysites MAKE their stuff if it wasn't for the programs made and supported FOR FREE by people like Quaxi, et al., jfade, Pescado and many other modders that makes it all playable?? WHat if Quaxi were charging for SimPE?? Retail Sims would have nothing to DO, let alone sell.

So pity her plight I do and she doesn't deserve anyone taking free shots at her altho I know people can be just mean shits. That said, at the same time she needs to realize all of us are in the same boat as she and she should take pity on US poor, have a heart , re think the whole 'charging for items made with free programs' thing!

And if someone buys something they have the RIGHT to share it with whoever and however they want to! PERIOD.
shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 03, 17:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it when people post some huge guilt-trip post trying to explain why they charge people for items they have created. Just be damn honest and say you're doing it because you want money to spend on the side and nothing else.

The other thing is, how do we know these poeple actually suffer from all this or have as bad as a life as they imply? I'm sure you all know the wonders of people pretending to be something they are on the internet (i.e the whole Donna from Eyecandy thing)
Lackey
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 03, 17:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What makes you so sure she is telling the truth? I could sit here all day and post one serious plight after another but how would anyone know they are true? If you post your personal business on an open forum, you are asking for it to be made fun of. Everyone in the world has their own story and to them it is just as bad as the other person's story. To say that you have to charge for sims content or get a job is just begging for someone like me to come along and make fun of you. If you are so far gone that you are going to jump off a building then I would highly suggest that you go to a shrink. Posting online to a bunch of strangers is bullshit because most likely most people would ask if you want suggestions on the tallest building. Top it off with a "Now I have to charge you" and that is beyond pathetic and deserves no sympathy from me. If it is that bad, close the site, enter yourself into a psych ward and learn to accept your demons. Do you really think that making someone pay for content is gonna help her mentally? Nope, she/he is just another whine bag looking for an excuse to make people pay for something. We all have to eat shit once in awhile so suck it up and take it like man. I do.
shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Retail Sims
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 03, 17:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, if she really does have mental health issues, creating stuff for pay that no one buys won't do her self-confidence or mental stability any good.
sickpuppy
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 03, 17:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I hate 'oh pity me' posts too. But just the fact that the post MIGHT be true is enough to get me to cut a little slack. That's just me. You do what you want to. That's the nice thing about the internet! We all get to do what we think is right! lol.

Sure I think even on the internet someone should not be posting personal problems, but can't argue with the fact that the internet IS a good place to vent. Don't like the replies, click on another link.... ANd venting is better than blowing up....unless you have the Pescado genes and it's 'blowing stuff up.'

(Does Pescado NEED a hacker? I doubt it...)
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 03, 17:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's like....full of shit? Full of sacks of shit, mayhap.

I notice in her first post, she talks about her husband, and his government haxx0r job etc, which as Lackey pointed out, isn't exactly minimum wage, and, although I'm British and thus don't have the worry of medical insurance, I understand would pay for her worthless medication, etc etc.

In her pity-me post, which I assume WAS written before the boo, my Halloween was ruined by those meanies and their THEIVING post, she said she'd just got engaged, as in, in June....that was a very quick engagement, and if she can't handle too much stress, cos her childhood wasn't a bed of roses, then it wasn't a good idea, planning a wedding so very speedily...Anyway, now she's got her government haxx0r husband there, surely the terrible blow of her losing her job would be softened?

Gah, posts like that, which blame any number of outside factors for acting stupid online just bother me, and seeking hugs and symathy off strangers, I might be horribly wrong and cynical, but the two posts about/by/from her just don't seem to quite add up to me...

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
Absolute
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 03, 18:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "jesserocket"
her childhood wasn't a bed of roses,

Not everyone's childhood is a bed or roses.. But that isn't a excuse to try and get pity from people. Or to justify charging for items. What's the point about making whiny after whiny post on a forum? People can not fix your issues or fix you. I think she's a attention seeker.

quot;Well let me give you a quote from Colonel Sanders...."I am too drunk to taste this chicken.""
jesserocket
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 03, 19:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps someone should send her this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXUHy8vrVY0

That would help... Tongue

(edit) On re-reading my post, I realised with the lack of being able to judge tone of voice online, it could look like I was trying to justify her whine, this is not the case Smiley

arr Harr Fiddledeedee,
Being a Pirate is alright with me!
Do what you want cos a Pirate is free!
YOU ARE A PIRATE!
vodianova
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 03, 19:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can this site get shut down? I don't want this site to go down!!! After reading that post I could have thrown myself on the ground and laughed for hours, people are so....weird? Where do these idiotic people come from!!!!???!? & there are more important websites to worry about!!! Seriously more important. Like a .gov website that demonstrated how to create a nuclear effin bomb! Yeah that's something that needs (& did ) go! Not a *fun* Sim website that supposably ruins the lives of greedy fucking retards. Those people are in their own little world of pity & bullshit.
woes_wee
Landlubber

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 03, 19:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Scratch that first part I re-read and that time the brian actually took in the info.  :roll:   :lol:

ANYWHOOO

Umm is there not some law about Hacking sites? So her thinking is since we are in her eyes doing something"illegal" then it makes it OK for her to do the same??

Hmm strange how folks think ain't it Yet they yell at us about all that morality crap. Same shit different day.

As far as the whole Krispy Kreme Doughnut issue. I would ALMOSt bet that the Issue was not in her actually making a Krispy Kreme set and using their name and colors etc as it was really exact. I believe Krispy Kreme's issue and I could be wrong is that someone was using their name and trademark to make a buck
 Since that is NOT the case here well i doubt they could give a crap about it. After all One of us paid for that set. We own it now and wish to share it FREE with friends.
I mean they really could not wish it to be used but I just would doubt it was that and would bet it more by her making a buck on their name.

As far as her mental health That is just another bull shit excuse to pull heart strings. Many of these creators (pay sites) are nothing but Con artists running a game
. Look at Pure Sims and her bullshit about donating all proceeds she got to a kids charity
Notice NO mention of that since what page 13 or so of her GB and never mentioned at all on the site. It is nothing but a hustle.

I am sorry most the creators like these two lost my respect a while back.

Wee
Motoki
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 03, 20:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, several years back I modded for Morrowind and spent weeks, maybe even months, working on a mod that turned out to be one of the more popular ones (at least in terms of download count anyhow). I did this too at a time when I was going through some depression issues and was out of work. I never once thought to charge for it, it just didn't even cross my mind. It's not some gaming community's responsibility to support me financially or mentally, and for the record my childhood wasn't a bed of roses either but it's no one else's business or responsibility but mine.

I also loathe the cheap, childish manipulation tactic of 'Oh someone else re-distributed my stuff so I am going to take it down and punish everyone now'. And I'm not just talking about paysites either. I've seen a number of non-pay creators in the community do this. I also have seen hapless noob kids at the BBS get net lynched because of it when in reality the kid is probably 10 or 12 and didn't even realize they did anything wrong and now all these people are screaming at them how terrible they are and trying to get them banned.

IMO people should get pissed at the creator for being an immature twat and taking the damned thing down than get pissed at someone else. You can't control what other people do, but those creators can damned well control what they do and they know what they're doing too. Trying to get everyone all stirred up and angry with the person who 'stole' their stuff. :roll:

In Communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
snadradeocconer
ARR!

View Profile
Retail Sims
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 03, 21:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so can she really put viruses on the site?

btw i just got that kirspy cream set, i felt i should see what all teh hoopla is for.

ie Pay sites Die
:
TSR
Rose Sims
Sublisims
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: