PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:17:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New paysite opens (JB Sims)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New paysite opens (JB Sims)  (Read 13103 times)
RiotOnTheRooftop
Landlubber

View Profile
New paysite opens (JB Sims)
« on: 2009 July 04, 12:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am annoyed to report that a new paysite has opened for business, JB Sims:

http://s1.webstarts.com/JBSims2/donation.html
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
Re: New paysite opens (JB Sims)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 04, 14:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lemmesee... 2 bucks for a crappy dress. Wow, we have a winner Sad

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
lgphoto
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 04, 16:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF is a "dolloar"?

Also, this is refreshing to hear:

All Donations, Will NOT cost More Then $4 US Dollars, UNLESS there in Sets

Good to know I'm not getting ripped off!!  Roll Eyes
Qing
ARR!

Kek

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 04, 17:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARRghh!

Remember to tell everyone you know, about my site!

Oh, I will.  Smiley

JESUS CHRIST IT'S T$R! GET IN THE CAR!
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 04, 19:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the use of language in all of the "info" on that site, I'm guessing it's one of those retarded, sparklies loving 12'ves (at least brain-wise). Guess, we have a new guest in the booty.

Anyone volunteering for protocol chit-chat into bringing this JB from the dark side? Who knows, maybe it is just a misguided child... - sorry for the sarcasm, but by the looks of that site, I have a feeling that this is the type, that even if he/she is now not aware of the illegality of her/hi... (oh screw it! lets just call it an it for now)  actions - which at least I doubt -, it won't care when it finds out. Also, the second this JB finds out it's creations are in the booty, I see a little whining show coming up, like: "you hatezz meee! you not nicezzz! i wantzzz more pocket moneyzzz!"

In case I'm proved wrong, I'll gladly take that back.

PS: I know, that since I haven't contributed to this fine pirate community much in words, alas I'm more of a lurker. I rarely say anything, unless I feel it's actually gonna contribute in some way... or just saw something that made me cringe, like a new paysite that looks more crappy than even TSR. I probably should play it more nicely and less venomously for now, but as many of you stated, this is isn't a sparklies'n'flowers playground.
DesSs
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 04, 20:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the purple dress is just a recolor of an all-about-style dress http://www.all-about-style.com/adult_fefor_2.html and the yellow is from Foomika http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310606 . I guess the others are also stolen.
ferncapel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 04, 21:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.youtube.com/SilentSimsProduction

The owner of the site has a youtube channel. He, as it appears to be a he, lists several sites he gets his content from...guess what? TSR is in there!

http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/SilentSims
Plus hes on Sims 3 as well.

Get the impression its not a '12'..at least not physically though you could be right about the brain!
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 04, 21:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so, the HE isn't only a money thief, he's also a content thief.

Hmm, lets see, he runs a paysite, charges rip off prices - putting aside for a moment the fact that charging for content itself is illegal - with a happy-smiley face, annouces he will charge "only this much..." with a comfortable "unless" statement, steals content from other creators, doesn't even have the dencency to redo it somehow except doing a crappy hue/sat recol of the original texture, he's stupid enough to actually admit he steals stuff and keeps a happy face about it, thinking everything's peachy. Could he actually be a graduate of the "The Shit Resource University"?

Since it seems we pretty much have cleared up what type this guy is, I have a little idea. Ferncapel said he admits to getting concent from TSR, so why not go snitch about it to ThomA$$? He's bound to get pissed that anyone by any chance took even a penny from him. It could be a funny show to watch, paysiters eating eachother alive...  Wink
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 05, 00:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're still lurking here and reading, they already know. *pops popcorn and waits for the fireworks to begin, and not the ones for the Fourth of July, either."

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 05, 00:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today, I have created. 3 NEW Donations, one is is a Swimsuit and two Formal Dresses, make sure to buy them!.

I'll be sure to not do that.

Angry

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 05, 09:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the purple dress is just a recolor of an all-about-style dress http://www.all-about-style.com/adult_fefor_2.html and the yellow is from Foomika http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=310606 . I guess the others are also stolen.

Are you sure they are just recoloiurs? If so then AllAboutStyle and Foomika need to be contacted.. neither of them are going to be pleased to learn that someone is selling dodgy recolours

Also, I thought webstarts was a free site domain register and host. Or at least, it has a completely free option for both. RiotOnTheRooftop, where did you find the link?

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Bad_Kitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 05, 14:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JB's paystuff is really ugly.... who does need such rubbish?!
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 05, 16:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paysites are always fail, but JB Sims has manged to fail at having a paysite! At least most pay creators have the sense to try to lure players in with a bunch of free pretties and then charge for the really good stuff, or the completion of a set or whatever. As far as I can tell,s/h/it's got a dozen crappy (ie. 2006-quality) downloads, more than half of which are pay. I can't see a difference between what's free and what's pay at all and wouldn't have any of those pieces of crap in my game even if s/h/it paid me to download them. It's just... Ugh!

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 05, 19:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's almost as if he purposely created a parody of an obnoxiously bad paysite.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 05, 20:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's almost as if he purposely created a parody of an obnoxiously bad paysite.

I agree.  I mean, come on, just look at the name.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: