PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:38:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR strikes again - GOS.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR strikes again - GOS.  (Read 20887 times)
snowball
ARR!

Iz in ur downhill, rollin' uphill.

View Profile
Re: TSR strikes again - GOS.
« Reply #30 on: 2009 April 17, 21:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be the famous TSR Standard™, because I'm from Sweden and my definition does not equal TSR. And as everyone knows, I'm the definition of Sweden itself, being the perfect Medelsvensson. Er... not really. But TSR is fucked up, so I would still say they use their own definitions of stuff.

edit: Something tells me I'm rather confusing/confused. Must have rum.

Icy balls are not allowed :-/
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 April 17, 21:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, Zillah, have you submitted those screencaps to Coconut?

I have now.  I submitted both the trimmed addition and the 100% untouched version. 

Amazing how much different mine looks from Zilliah, (the full caps)  but yet the words are all the same.  Let's see what Dot makes of this one. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 April 17, 21:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some nice person posted this on the BBS in response to a thread about Corinne's mesh being on TSR.
Name and thread link withheld to make the Maxoids' censorship job harder.

link to fanseelamb's originals on MTS2
http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=117050

fansee's stuff on TSR, against her wishes
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-sims-male/title/Patrick%20Dempsy%20-%20Derek%20Shepherd/id/472872/

and here too
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-sims-male-adult/title/Angel/id/485646/

Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 April 17, 23:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, Zillah, have you submitted those screencaps to Coconut?

I have now.  I submitted both the trimmed addition and the 100% untouched version. 

Amazing how much different mine looks from Zilliah, (the full caps)  but yet the words are all the same.  Let's see what Dot makes of this one. 

her Dot-Fu is no match for truth and sanity - two aspects she clearly misunderstands.

Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 April 18, 00:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some nice person posted this on the BBS in response to a thread about Corinne's mesh being on TSR.
Name and thread link withheld to make the Maxoids' censorship job harder

And your thread disappeared about 10 mins ago.  But not before you got some benes.  There was no flaming in it only info that made T$r look bad.  Bet the sticky gets updated again.   Grin
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 April 18, 00:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Made a BBS thread about TSR not respecting TOUs.  It got deleted, no reason given.  That's because they can't give one that won't make them look bad and show their disgusting hypocrisy.

I took this right after posting.  Before deletion, it only got read about 200 times. Sad  The Maxoid censors are earning their moneez.

This from a few minutes ago.

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 April 18, 00:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* minionsRmine shakes her head

Days like this make me wonder why I even still PLAY my Sims games once in a while. Stupid TSR and stupid EA for holding the pooper scooper while Thomas takes a crap on their reputation.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Kathika
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 April 18, 00:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Made a BBS thread about TSR not respecting TOUs.  It got deleted, no reason given.  That's because they can't give one that won't make them look bad and show their disgusting hypocrisy.

I have a picture of the whole thing before it got deleted. 

I have more pics of the whole thing if you want, just ask if you do. 
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 April 18, 00:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to me that we have some evidence to support a commonly held theory that EA and TSR are in cahoots.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2009 April 18, 04:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they've been removed

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 April 18, 05:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope folks will keep posting at TSR about Corinne's mesh just as fast as Cadiva takes posts down.  Folks, if you have a TSR  account you're planning to cancel anyway, this would be a good thing to do with it.  I cancelled mine weeks ago, but I'm really considering making a new TSR account just for such a purpose.  What's holding me back is that such accounts get banned, right?  And TSR uses banned and inactive zombie accounts to pad their user numbers, right?  So is creating lots of accounts that get banned causing enough butthurt to justify padding TSR's numbers?

Kathika, thank you for that screenie, at least I got to see some of the response titles before it went poof.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 April 18, 05:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, coconut isn't going to be able do much with screenshots of deleted comments - there's not much they can do without concrete proof of actual theft - which needs to come from the person who made the mesh and alleges the theft.  Don't be too surprised if there's no article on this - not much can be done with actual submission. It's kind of like clueing them into a drama that's half way through.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 April 18, 06:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like they actually removed the mesh.

I just want to say that I really appreciate all the people who've come forward and defended my TOU on this. I admit, I'm not as angered about it as I could (or, perhaps should) be. I'm just detached, I actually had planned on leaving the community for good, but yeah. Doesn't always work that way huh?

I don't expect Coconut or anyone to do any intense searching or write an article about it; it's tiny. It happens all the time on the EA Exchange, and about all I really can do is ask people to remove what they've stolen/reposted/used without permission, and hope they do. In this case, it looks like it's all cleared up, for which I'm thankful.

So, for now, don't panic. And thank you.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 April 18, 07:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corinne, I'm glad you're not stressing about this. Smiley  You're right, in and of itself, it's not a huge deal.  It is however, part of a pattern, and every TOU violation people see helps them see the large, overall pattern of TSR's TOU violation. 

edit: What bothers me most about this is not the initial violation.  That could conceivably have been an honest mistake, failing to read the TOU or some such.  No, it's the TSR censorship of posts pointing out the TOU violation.  They know, they don't care, they want to cover it up.  They censor such posts all the time.  Then they bitch and moan "You're violating our creators' wishes" when stuff goes in the booty.  Disgusting hypocrites.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 18, 07:18:09 by CatOfWar » Logged

ekimsal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 April 18, 07:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it looks like the mesh was taken down. Maybe enough people bitched about it. Dunno if TSR itself or the thief took it down though

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: