PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:45:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR strikes again - GOS.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR strikes again - GOS.  (Read 20886 times)
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR strikes again - GOS.
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 17, 11:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again I think you should just ask to have it removed and see what happens. If they take it down great, if not then it'll just get added to the list of examples of TSR not respecting their own statements.

Is there no one at TSR that checks uploads? Is that not part of their policy?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 17, 12:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't think they have anyone to do that any more. I know *cough* Atwa *cough* supposedly used to when she was Artist Manager there. I wonder why they even bother any more. I really hope Sims 3 tanks and when it does so does TSR.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
eph
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 April 17, 12:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They didn't even check uploads in the Sims1 days. TSR doesn't care where the content comes from.
A quote from 2002! from Dov Sherman from Otakuworld, one of the early artists who managed to make custom meshes:
I tend to stay away from TheSimsResource because they have so much stolen artwork. It's not that they deliberately host pirated art; they just don't make any effort to avoid doing so. I've had to contact them on numerous separate occasions to have the same skins (posted under different other people's names) removed.  I had been planning to send them my Usagi and Ryoko Sims but I changed my mind after the eighth time I had needed to get them to stop distributing those very Sims under someone else's name.

From what I have heard, they're currently being sued by people whose paintings were turned into Sims objects and then sold on the TSR CDs.
If someone steals your stuff once, that can happen. Twice? Raises concerns. But 8 times? Obviously even back then nobody was checking stuff, and I doubt that has changed over the years.
When I looked through their Sims1 stuff one day (for laughs) I still saw lots and lots of identical stuff listed under different creators, and I imagine there's lots of stuff lifted from other creators in the Sims2 section too.

Actually, now that Securom is gone I hope Sims3 doesn't tank. Just think of all the cool kids who will deinstall Sims2 to switch to the newest shiny toy - all lost money to TSR and other paysites, especially if the new Eula stays the way it is and everyone and their dog may modify and share stuff.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 April 17, 13:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all lost money to TSR and other paysites, especially if the new Eula stays the way it is and everyone and their dog may modify and share stuff.

When has TSR paid any attention to the EULA?  I'm sure they will keep doing what they do with Sims 3.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 April 17, 14:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the negative comments have been removed - so get posting all those screencaps/saved thread of posts Cheesy

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2009 April 17, 15:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh Less than Moderate Mod Cadiva has been at the delete key again- they should not allow her to touch a computer.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 April 17, 17:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got some of the comments:

Sorry about the length.  I did trim off the sides so it wouldn't do horrible things to people's computer screens.   Wink  But if anyone needs the exact screenshots with nothing changed on them, let me know.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 April 17, 17:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eph, they have not come out and said that SecurROM won't be the poison of choice for DRM on Sims 3, so I hope the fucking thing tanks before it gets outta the gate. I was looking at the Game Informer magazine spread that just came out and it looks like pure, unadulterated shit. DO. NOT. WANT!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 April 17, 18:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It kind of like they took Animal Crossing (collecting shit), Harvest Moon (Farming Open Neighborhood) and Virtual Villager (aging crap) and added them all to Sim 2 and then changed the Sims so that they looked like slightly more adult versions of My Sims Kingdom characters.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 April 17, 19:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'nother screenie (Clickable)

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2009 April 17, 19:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, Zillah, have you submitted those screencaps to Coconut?

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 April 17, 19:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did this get reported? If they are at all sane, they'll remove it, especially after what happened with ThiefShaft.

Inactive
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 April 17, 19:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, Zillah, have you submitted those screencaps to Coconut?

I have, yes

SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 April 17, 20:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Anouk
Did this get reported? If they are at all sane, they'll remove it, especially after what happened with ThiefShaft.

I have. I know that 5 or 6 other people did too. One reported multiple times.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 17, 21:25:36 by SlayerAngel » Logged
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 April 17, 20:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I reported the mesh, I had to laugh when I saw a message along the lines of "thanks for keeping TSR a friendly place!" Does Sweden's definition of "friendly" deviate so radically from the standard definition of the word? Or just TSR's?

ILU, Coconut!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: