PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:30:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR strikes again - GOS.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR strikes again - GOS.  (Read 20891 times)
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
TSR strikes again - GOS.
« on: 2009 April 17, 03:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm doing homework this evening at a friend's house while he surfs the web (he won't join GOS because he's too scared of the staff xD) for more stuff to add to his already larger-than-mine downloads folder. Then he checks the worst finds thread out of boredom and we find this:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/martaerika/downloads/browse/category/sims2-clothing-female-adult-everyday/title/Pink%20Pink%20Kitty%20-%20Whole%20[Look%20FIERCE

Dunno if anyone knows Corrine, but this person stole her mesh and claimed to have made it, according to one of her friends here.

I don't like it, of course, and appaently she commented and they deleted it. That's maturity, for you. TSR is getting a bit scary, to me at least. I mean, I'm not a part of GOS anymore, but I still liked Corrine and Geldyle's stuff. What's next, EA itself? I hope they don't pull that crap they did with the girl on MTS2, because Corrine isn't even creating anymore, I don't think.

Nice going, you friendly, high quality Sims 2 site, you.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR strikes again - GOS.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 17, 03:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go to TSR and look at about half the FA's and SA's clothing meshes - they already do it to EA- (Do Bunny and Simal10 ring bells - Simal age converted the AL stuff for female teens and all Bunny's stuff is based on the H&M stuff packs all belonging to EA which they are not supposed to charge for). EA chooses not to do anything because they are buddy buddy with TSR.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 17, 03:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope Corrine doesn't have an account at TSR, and if she does, I hope the password is totally different from any passwords she has anywhere else. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 17, 03:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She just posted over at GOS- apparently she was credited for the mesh, but it went against her TOU (like this is so unusual for The Shit Rats), Gelydh was not credited at all for the boot mesh. She already has  F-locked her LJ- just in case , don't know about passwords though- she did comment at TSR- something to the effect of  I made this mesh and posting it here on a paysite goes against my TOU and it will probably be an hour or two before Mod Cadiva deletes it all.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 17, 04:22:19 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 17, 03:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-meshes-clothing/title/Kitty%20Rebel%20-%20Mesh%20%5BLook%20FIERCE!%5D/id/857583/

Thats the link if anyone wants to see all the comments about it being stolen and all that.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Moonie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 17, 04:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's terrible, but to be honest, I expected worse when I saw the title.

-TSR-  still holding itself to minimal standards

Two atoms were sitting at a bar... one says "I think I just lost an electron."  The other asks "are you sure?" To which the first one replies " I'm positive." - Wadsworth (from Fallout 3)
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 17, 04:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I'm way ahead of you guys. My password -and- my email I use at TSR are totally different. In fact, the e-mail is no longer valid. I should change it to a valid one, but I'll pass for now.

It was PMed to me earlier this evening, I believe (or that's when I got it, anyways). I'm just shocked that anyone cares about my crap enough to do that.

As far as I'm concerned, they're not really messing with me necessarily, but Peggy and Gelydh. I just put the two together and tested them, like I've already said. Had I known this would happen, I wouldn't have shared the mesh in the first place. This is the second problem I've had with it so far. I guess I just wasn't meant to be able to retire from the community happily.

ETA: I agree. It isn't half as bad as it could be. But it still sucks.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 17, 05:00:09 by Corinne » Logged
SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 17, 05:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I posted that thread, and I asked the Animal Army for help. I really hope they do, especially that one of our own, Nymphy is a member. It was bad enough when TSR went after buggybooz, but when they steal from one of our own, it's war. I PM'd GelyDH and I'm pending her reply. I think I should notify Liegenschonheit if she doesn't know already.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 17, 05:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do it, the more people get involved with this the better. It's also another one for coconut to bring to the attention of her readers.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 17, 05:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Paden, she comes to chat almost every friday so I'll tell her then. I'd PM her but she isn't online now. It would be cool if someone let Calalily or Coconut know too. Smiley
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 17, 06:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, this really doesn't qualify as a horrific TSR atrocity. The perpetrator is not even a high-ranking TSR member such as an FA, but merely a nameless user who is *12*, and sites can hardly be held responsible for the misbehavior of random users. The atrocity will lie in how this is handled, not in the act itself. Dumbass 12s do shit like this all the time. That's why 12s must be destroyed.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 17, 07:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be cool if someone let Calalily or Coconut know too. Smiley

There's the submit and expose page - coconut doesn't go round collecting information all over the web (due to the time required for that) so they only deal with things submitted.

Direct link to the submit and expose page: http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?page_id=298

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 17, 07:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for posterity, I've got screenies of the comments. 'Cause, you know, they'll be deleted here in a tic. And since I don't have Calalily's super-magical awesome screenshot abilities, it's split in four.
Link Link Link Link (didn't feel like spamming up the thread)

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Corinne
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 17, 07:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, this really doesn't qualify as a horrific TSR atrocity. The perpetrator is not even a high-ranking TSR member such as an FA, but merely a nameless user who is *12*, and sites can hardly be held responsible for the misbehavior of random users. The atrocity will lie in how this is handled, not in the act itself. Dumbass 12s do shit like this all the time. That's why 12s must be destroyed.

Agreed, not an atrocity whatsoever, the only truly shitty thing about it is where it's happening.

I'm curiously not as concerned as I probably should be, nor am I letting any of this get to me (as I'm sure it probably could've in the past).

You've piqued my interest with the destroying of 12s, however. This I can handle with great joy.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 17, 10:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The funny thing is that this person uploaded another mesh, giving credit to Isselda - who is a crator at Gameisland.ru, a paysite. I cannot find the mesh in question anywhere on their site, but it's in the booty. The paysite is pretty empty, I don't know if they are still active, but as the mesh is at the booty it must have been a pay object. At least I think it's the same, it looks the same on the pics, I don't have time to compare them right now.

This girl is 13 12 so she might not know it any better, but she really needs to learn to read. Maybe the uload of the pay mesh can be used to make tsr remove her creations. A mesh by a rather unknown pay creator might be more convincing than a mesh by a well respected free creator who is known to be part of GOS, a place that freely shares pay items.

One way or the other, I hope everything will turn out well for you, Corinne.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 17, 10:28:19 by Rissa » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: