PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:44:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR strikes again - GOS.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR strikes again - GOS.  (Read 20888 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR strikes again - GOS.
« Reply #45 on: 2009 April 18, 08:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either way it is a good thing- If martaerika removed it that means that she now realizes after all the negative commenting that posting another creators work expressly in violation of their TOU is a bad thing - and hopefully will not violate people's TOU's in the future. If TSR removed this means that they MAY have minimal recognition that their fuck ups in the past specifically the theft of or use of free creators stuff against their wishes has cost them a large chunk of members and supporters in the last week. If course they are probably just selling martaerika up shit creek without a boat, paddle, or lifejacket because she is not one of their precious FA's and is therefore expendable and usable as a shield in the face of heavy fire from the opposition.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 April 18, 12:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creators cannot remove their own things from TSR.  That is part of the issue many of us have.  The only thing a creator can do is request that stuff be removed.  So either the submitter requested the mesh be removed and they actually did that or TSR finally decided to remove it due to all the bad press. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 April 18, 13:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, coconut isn't going to be able do much with screenshots of deleted comments - there's not much they can do without concrete proof of actual theft - which needs to come from the person who made the mesh and alleges the theft.  Don't be too surprised if there's no article on this - not much can be done with actual submission. It's kind of like clueing them into a drama that's half way through.

I really didn't think Coconut could do much with them.  But, it was suggested, so I did.  Alone you're right, they aren't much.  Now that the mesh is gone, they're worth even less.  However, if lots of people had complained, been rejected, then TSR ignored them, it might have been important to show that complaints were made and erased (Look! You can put stolen meshes up at TSR and no matter what, they won't remove them!") 

I have to give TSR credit for this one.  If they removed it because of the complaints or removed it because the person who uploaded it requested it to be removed, it was removed.  However, I'm sure they did it as a PR move.  "See? We listen, we removed it!"  to show what great people they are.  Either way though, it's nice to see that they're starting to respect creator's wishes. 

They also got rid of my downloads on my page.  However, my page itself is still up, thus, I won't change my sig until the actual page itself is removed.  But it does look silly that I have a mini site with no creations offered. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2009 April 18, 16:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really didn't think Coconut could do much with them.  But, it was suggested, so I did.  Alone you're right, they aren't much.  Now that the mesh is gone, they're worth even less.  However, if lots of people had complained, been rejected, then TSR ignored them, it might have been important to show that complaints were made and erased (Look! You can put stolen meshes up at TSR and no matter what, they won't remove them!") 

Oh I have no problem with people submitting things, but this isn't the first time that someone wants coconut's help, but then wants coconut to do quite a bit of legwork getting into it halfway through.  That's just not possible.  I wanted to let you guys know that you shouldn't go out of your way to submit stuff and do things, if the original complainant wasn't going to do anything to set the story up, so to speak. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: