PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:52:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!  (Read 85538 times)
Alke
Landlubber

Misillusioned Discreant

View Profile
Re: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
« Reply #240 on: 2009 May 12, 14:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any advice on how to quiet difficult teenagers? 

Send them on a lone camping trip in bear (or rattlesnake, depending on your locale) country. You can teach them how not to die if you're feeling generous.

How many zombies make up a horde?
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 May 12, 14:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send them on a lone camping trip in bear (or rattlesnake, depending on your locale) country. You can teach them how not to die if you're feeling generous.
The bible says you can stone rebellious teenagers. Then again, it says you can stone *everybody*...  Is that what Bob Dylan meant?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 13, 21:53:58 by oolongteadrinker » Logged
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 May 12, 22:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think so, but when I was younger I did tend to prefer the "other" meaning to the phrase. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
DancingJack
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 May 14, 15:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to post about a portion of the EULA

"You will not represent that your site is endorsed or approved by or affiliated with EA or our licensors or that any other content on your site is endorsed or approved by or affiliated with EA or our licensors."

Couldn't TSRs latest threat be deemed a violation of this portion of the EULA since they state :

"Despite this clarification, your customer continues his defamation. In short, EA states that our business model is NOT in violation of their EULA."

This may be somantics but isn't Thomas Isaksson saying that EA or their licensors are endorsing and/or approving of TSR and other paysites?
« Last Edit: 2009 May 14, 15:18:02 by DancingJack » Logged
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2009 May 14, 16:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, nope.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2009 May 15, 13:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to post about a portion of the EULA

"You will not represent that your site is endorsed or approved by or affiliated with EA or our licensors or that any other content on your site is endorsed or approved by or affiliated with EA or our licensors."

Couldn't TSRs latest threat be deemed a violation of this portion of the EULA since they state :

"Despite this clarification, your customer continues his defamation. In short, EA states that our business model is NOT in violation of their EULA."

This may be somantics but isn't Thomas Isaksson saying that EA or their licensors are endorsing and/or approving of TSR and other paysites?

As much as TSR likes to hint at how cozy they are with EA, they actually haven't violated that clause.  If they claimed on the site they were a partner with EA or somehow officially endorsed or recognized by them, it would.  They skirt the line closely on that one with their talk of "access" and "inside info"  but generally fall on the side of legal.  And EA is really the only who could do anything about it anyway and as we've seen they generally choose to look the other way.  However, if the shit ever really hit the fan to the point where TSR's problems were causing major butthurt for EA, I would imagine EA would invoke that clause, claim that TSR is fansite and no way affilated with them.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 May 17, 00:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duct tape. Duct tape is like the Force. It has a Light Side, a Dark Side, and it holds the universe together.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 May 17, 02:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean like this?

or to give them something better to do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMN9F4MHhAo
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: