PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 22:25:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!  (Read 86009 times)
heimskur
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
« Reply #150 on: 2009 April 10, 00:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though Jan and Johan have different pet-form names (Jannik/Janne), they are both modern-standard derivatives of the name Johannes.

The surname confusion is most definately translational, as Isak(sson) is the Swedish standard spelling of the Anglicised Isaac(son).
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 April 10, 00:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I wasn't trying to demonize anything by pointing out the damn man spelled his own name wrong or different. Jan is Johan's and Thomas' father.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 April 10, 00:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This explains a lot about Thomas's behavior.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 April 10, 00:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I wasn't trying to demonize anything by pointing out the damn man spelled his own name wrong or different. Jan is Johan's and Thomas' father.

Thats actually kind of interesting. I'm surprised they don't use that fact to advertise themselves as a "wholesome family-oriented business. As for the threat, I've never seen a "professional" letter made of so much fail. Its full of typos, contadicting ideas, and lolness.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
heimskur
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 April 10, 00:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They apparently aren't just raking in the kronor from TSR. I did a little digging, and have found another Swedish company called HemsidaDirekt (Homepage Direct) run by the TSR crew. This is probably public knowledge and I am out of the loop, but I found that this site lists their staff roster (I've translated to the side):

Jan Isaksson - VD (CEO)
Thomas Isaksson - Art Director
Johan Isaksson - Systemansvarig (Systems Operator)

And this company's address is listed as :

HemsidaDirekt (Homepage Direct)
Generatorhallen, Kungsgatan 3 (The Generator Hall, 3 King's street)
826 30 Söderhamn

...which is the same address as Ibibi AB, or TSR. So, I would assume the family operates quite a few money makers.

Edited to remove names not already stated in this thread
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 14:34:03 by heimskur » Logged
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 April 10, 01:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.

My guess is that daddy set up his little boys with their own web based business.

Edit- Removed link. Who the hell knows what they put on that site.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 01:31:58 by SnarkyShark » Logged
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 April 10, 01:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew there had to be a Jan at the bottom of it. There always is, remember?
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 April 10, 02:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if this is posted publically on the website, let them decide if they want to post their names publically on their site. I would delete it and just link over there.

Inactive
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 April 10, 02:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems the little boys have a sister too.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 April 10, 02:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's the wife, actually.

Inactive
sidhe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 April 10, 12:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More than that, it seems the family is active on a board called the "Round Table". I wonder if this committee knows that they are earning profits by illegally selling copyrighted material from the United Sates. Maxis may not care, it suits their own needs up to a point, but a board of fellow professionals might not be so amused....

So long and thanks for all the fish...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 April 10, 13:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I really don't see how anything the Isaksson family may or may not be doing outside of TSR or the TS2 community is really any of our business. I think you should back off.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
narlakins
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 April 10, 13:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I really don't see how anything the Isaksson family may or may not be doing outside of TSR or the TS2 community is really any of our business. I think you should back off.

But isn't it like when TSR share personal details of so called pirates etc (that paypal fandango). Same kind of concept to my eyes.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 14:02:03 by narlakins » Logged
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 April 10, 13:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought mind you, but I had read somewhere here on the boards that Steve owned or was a part of MGON, a gamers board, forum, can't remember exactly what it was except it was active during Sims 1. I know he was a part of both TSR and MGON as MGON was out of Britain. MGON focused on many games, not just the Sims. Whatever happened to MGON? Was it bought out?

I wonder how other online businesses would view TSR's antics. Not encoding personal information so that any Tom, Dick or Harry with Admin access could view it, selling copyrighted material that they do not hold the copyright to unless they have a legally binding letter from the copyright holder to do so, stealing another creator's work and putting their name on it, and sharing of personal information (private forum or no) among those who do not need to know that information.

These are just thoughts running around in my head at the moment. I do agree that unless this "Round Table" group is somehow connected to TSR, we should leave it alone.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2009 April 10, 14:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But isn't it like when TSR share personal details of so called pirates etc (that paypal fandango). Same kind of concept to my eyes.

The issue is that according to the letter of the EULA we are morally and legally right on the paysite issue. If PMBD as a group uses the same lowdown, dirty, underhanded tactics that TSR and other paysite owners have used to discredit PMBD, Free Creators, and Freesite Owners- than we lose credibility because these actions would make us look just as bad as the paysites do. Hence why we leave information like this alone- Its not our business how Thomass and his family earn the rest of the money- the point of this site is to stop him and other paysite owners from making the money they make illegally off a copyrighted game. The more actions that Thomass takes  against Pescado, the more he condones theft, and hacking,- the more he makes himself look like an idiot in the eyes of Sims 2 gamers.

The only action that should be taken on this issue is to continue putting the truth out there and continue to let Thomass and his fellow paysite owners look like arses everytime they respond with threats, excuses and juvenile or illegal behavior. The point is we don't need to do anything that low to make most paysite owners look bad- which they do because most of them refuse to recognize the fact that U.S copyright law does not A. Cover uncopyrighted  pixels (sorry DOT unless you go down to a lawyer and file a copyright application on your lamps- which would be laughed at at the U.S copyright office- you have no legal say on what happens to your " shapes" after your friendly TSR customer buys them) , and B. Only recognizes EA's right to those pixels and everything else Sims related. So just sit back, relax and let them continue to make morons of themselves.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 14:22:31 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: