PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:18:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!  (Read 86185 times)
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
Re: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
« Reply #120 on: 2009 April 09, 10:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god, I would pay to look at the face of any lawyer who's submitted the Ultimate Legal Proof of TSR Rights, read, plz in the title.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 April 09, 10:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their only saving grace has been that Maxis does not press charges. But neither did they relinquish their own copyrights, so I think by the new laws in Sweden...he could be shut down if someone reported him.
See, that's the thing: EAxis refuses to give up any rights, leaving TSR with nothing, while the EAxis EULA explicitly permits our activities here. Even if they were to try to change the system in the future, it wouldn't matter. That's just the sort of thing that provides the evolutionary pressure to become more efficient and even more obnoxious.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 April 09, 12:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I having a special bubble-head moment or did Thomas spell his own name wrong in his threat?

This is how his name is spelled in the threat

Sincerely,
Thomas Isaksson
The Sims Reource

and on the site it is spelled Isacsson

sidhe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 April 09, 12:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to be the killjoy, but I think misspellings are often due to the use of translators. If he is Swedish he may be using one to convert his letter before sending them to a English based recipient. Does anyone know what his first language is?

So long and thanks for all the fish...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2009 April 09, 12:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd imagine swedish.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2009 April 09, 12:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to be the killjoy, but I think misspellings are often due to the use of translators. If he is Swedish he may be using one to convert his letter before sending them to a English based recipient. Does anyone know what his first language is?

He is Swedish but speaks and types english very well. He does not use a translator. No matter the language or tool used, one should know when their own name is spelled wrong.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 April 09, 13:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To basically echo what De has said, Thomass generally uses English. You can tell from coconut's screenshots, paleo's e-mails, and his new reports he puts up on TSR that he proficient enough in English, and should know how to spell his own websites name.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 April 09, 14:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, why would his own name be spelled wrong in an email? 

I can't imagine someone pretending to be him.  If you're going to pretend to be someone else, the first thing you're going to do is make sure you spell the person who you are imitating name correctly.   No one is that stupid.

So, I see only one of two possibilities.  1: Thomas wrote the letter, but wants us (or other people) to think it's faked.  Why?  So they can use it to prove we're stupid.  "Look potential customer, they have a letter up that they claim we wrote, but my name is even spelled wrong!  How can you believe Coconut when these people are so stupid that they would believe I would send them a letter with my name spelled wrong!"

2: Thomas uses Isacsson on the site, because it looks more "Statesider " and the majority of his users do come from the USA, but his legal name is spelled Isaksson.  And yaknow, that was such a professional letter, he'd want to make sure to sign it with his 100% legal name.

I'm leaning towards #2, actually.

HE says we host in Malaysia, yet they host in Sweden. You hipocrit asshole, why you donīt set up at US?

Probably because they live in Sweden.  Most of their customer base is in the USA though.

Nope. Probably because they would have been sued and they would have been butt kicked, just as EA was...

Okay, this makes it look like a witch hunt.  I'm sorry, but I have to use logic. Why the hell would someone who lives in Sweden, NOT do his business in Sweden?  Why should they put their web page in the USA? 

If we start finding them evil in every single thing they do, even down to having the nerve to have their servers in their own country, then we look like we're going on a witch hunt, determined that every single thing they do is for some evil purpose.  If they lived in Canada, and had a Swedish host, I'd say you had something there.  But they live in Sweden, they have a Swedish host.  There's nothing sinister about that. 

« Last Edit: 2009 April 09, 14:48:32 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Bloody Vane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 April 09, 15:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your customer has self-appointed himself to defend the position of
Electronic Arts, Inc., (EA) and its End User License Agreement (EULA)
for the Sims Label.

I find this line to be the most interesting in his letter. It implies the exact opposite of what he wants. In itself it implies that Pescado has a defensible position. He says Pescado is defending the EULA, thereby validating that he knows exactly what the EULA says, and instead is just saying let EA defend themself. I know the next couple of sentences try to negate that, but it isn't the first time he contradicted himself in correspondence.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 April 09, 15:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will disagree with that last sentence, Darq. There is something sinister in every damn thing that TSR does...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 April 09, 15:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? Is that letter an actual, serious attempt by someone to protect a business? Where is his lawyer? No one with more than one or two employees (is that not what TSR has, people employed to make custom content?) handles their own legal affairs, not even at the correspondence level. This must just be intended as an annoyance or attention-getter. Either that, or he's getting bad legal advice. Or ignoring sound legal advice...

Dude! Lawyers cost money. Hire lawyers and the second house you buy may not have top of the line crap in it.

And lawyers will sometimes point out you don't have a leg to stand on.

BTW, somebody just pointed out on another board that Thoma$$ not only cannot spell the name of his site, but he can't spell his own surname.  Now, I realize the man is an idiot, but that strikes me as unlikely.  Is it possible that the letter was sent by a troll pretending to be Thoma$$?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 April 09, 16:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I think it's a fake.  Someone playing silly games.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 April 09, 16:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut recently noticed that Tomas keeps misspelling his name.

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?page_id=358

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 April 09, 16:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On everything official he spells Isaksson, it is spelled that way on the MTS2 attempts to lure helga and bruno, it is also Isaksson on the fansite list on BBS.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 April 09, 17:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they've been hacked.

Maybe they've been bought out by Walt, but this time instead of coming out in a fanfare, he's decided it's easier to go on pretending he's still the old owners.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: