PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:11:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!  (Read 86103 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
« Reply #90 on: 2009 April 08, 23:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? Is that letter an actual, serious attempt by someone to protect a business? Where is his lawyer? No one with more than one or two employees (is that not what TSR has, people employed to make custom content?) handles their own legal affairs, not even at the correspondence level. This must just be intended as an annoyance or attention-getter. Either that, or he's getting bad legal advice. Or ignoring sound legal advice...
Well, normally, these things are just thrown around as intimidation material to webhosts, so the bar is slightly lower.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
nihil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 April 08, 23:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it has anything to do with this:

http://www.quantcast.com/thesimsresource.com

As compared to this:

http://www.quantcast.com/modthesims2.com

Interesting trend in traffic there...  Grin
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 April 09, 00:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very interesting comparison, nihil. TSR's traffic is much lower, and the number of visits plummeted in mid-February. MTS2's dipped then too, but they recovered quickly.

What this shows is that if EA wants better customer relations, it should reach out to MTS2. A far higher percentage of Sims 2 players are interested in MTS2 than in TSR. TSR is a large site, but its claims to be the "largest" "fansite" are lies on both counts, since MTS2 has far more visitors, and since TSR is a business, not a fansite.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 April 09, 00:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how does TSR figure they're the largest sims 2 community out there? And how do they figure, with no tools to their name, no accomplishments that helped the community to their name, nothing beneficial to the fan community at all... that they can decide that a huge part of the community (anyone who thinks sims2 custom content should be free) should be cast out and do not belong?

Inactive
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 April 09, 01:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how does TSR figure they're the largest sims 2 community out there? And how do they figure, with no tools to their name, no accomplishments that helped the community to their name, nothing beneficial to the fan community at all...

Totally! They use all the tools of free sites to make their "business".  Kiss my grits!!

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
girlfromverona
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 April 09, 01:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read the EULA and can't for the life of me work out how anyone figures it's ok to make money off their creations?! Am I missing something? It looks very straightforward to me...
seriouscookie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 April 09, 01:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help but wonder whether or not Thoma$$ has surrounded himself with so many yesmen and groupies that he has no one that will actually be willing to step up and say, "Hey man, you might want to at least proofread that letter a little bit."  Or even better, "Hey man, DON'T DO THIS, they'll know you made this shit up."  It is his own delusion and refusion to hear different opinions that will ultimately do him in.

Pixel breeding is such a high-brow hobby.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 April 09, 02:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the impression that atwa handled the bulk of work when it came to attempts at censoring the internet by having anything unflattering about TSR removed. Of course, Thomass claims she's no longer a part of TSR (because most of the people there hate her), but, since it is Thomass we're talking about, that's more than likely a lie and atwa could very well be responsible for the letter.

It just sounds like someone pretending to be something they're not. An atwa specialty.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 April 09, 02:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very interesting comparison, nihil. TSR's traffic is much lower, and the number of visits plummeted in mid-February. MTS2's dipped then too, but they recovered quickly.
Visits plummeted then because people were expecting TS3. When TS3 failed to materialize, people got bored and returned, but those who left are disinclined to resubscribe again, especially with a recession on. MTS2 is free, so isn't affected by such concerns.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 April 09, 02:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how does TSR figure they're the largest sims 2 community out there? And how do they figure, with no tools to their name, no accomplishments that helped the community to their name, nothing beneficial to the fan community at all... that they can decide that a huge part of the community (anyone who thinks sims2 custom content should be free) should be cast out and do not belong?

TSR says they are the largest fansite based off of 3 things.
1. They say they are the oldest fan site out there.
2. They say they have the most members of any sims site out there.
3. They say they have the most downloads of any sims site out there.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 2009 April 09, 02:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, maybe Thomas just feels twarted one too many times. Maybe our disillusional miscreantitude has finally driven him over the edge. Maybe he's at the Twat's pad smokin junk in a hookah while she does the dance of the seven veils to Jefferson Airplane. Maybe there really is a lamp law. At this point anything seems possible.

But they definitely seem to be unravelling. That's fer sure.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 April 09, 02:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hilarious thing about this particular legal threat is how horribly misdirected it is. Not only is it factually incorrect in numerous places, IT IS NOT EVEN DIRECTED AT THE RIGHT COMPANY! The Princess is in another castle!

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 April 09, 02:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's at the Twat's pad smokin junk in a hookah while she does the dance of the seven veils to Jefferson Airplane.

Well, that was a picture I DO NOT WANT.

There really is a lamp law. I looked it up. As far as I could tell, it didn't apply to Sims.

Sarafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 April 09, 02:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visits plummeted then because people were expecting TS3. When TS3 failed to materialize, people got bored and returned, but those who left are disinclined to resubscribe again, especially with a recession on. MTS2 is free, so isn't affected by such concerns.

Well wasn't mid February when mts2 had their server crash?  Would explain it.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2009 April 09, 02:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I think pretending to be something they aren't is a specialty of most of the tsr 'staff'

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: