PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 02:23:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!  (Read 86132 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: NEW TSR LEGAL THREAT!
« Reply #165 on: 2009 April 10, 14:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I really don't see how anything the Isaksson family may or may not be doing outside of TSR or the TS2 community is really any of our business. I think you should back off.

But isn't it like when TSR share personal details of so called pirates etc (that paypal fandango). Same kind of concept to my eyes.

Yes but do you really want to sink to their level? I know I don't want to ever see PMBD get the rap that TSR has gotten, so it's best to take the high road and leave it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
narlakins
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 April 10, 15:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes but do you really want to sink to their level? I know I don't want to ever see PMBD get the rap that TSR has gotten, so it's best to take the high road and leave it.

I didn't say we should, I simply pointed out it's the same concept.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 April 10, 15:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't say we should, I simply pointed out it's the same concept.

Doesn't matter if it's the same concept or not. We don't need to step into that territory. I'm just saying that I agree with ken and we need to just leave it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 April 10, 15:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I really don't see how anything the Isaksson family may or may not be doing outside of TSR or the TS2 community is really any of our business. I think you should back off.

But isn't it like when TSR share personal details of so called pirates etc (that paypal fandango). Same kind of concept to my eyes.

It also makes it look like we're so out for revenge that we don't care where we'll get it from, that we'll try to dig up information outside of the issue at hand just to make them look bad.  

It would be like being in court for stealing and suddenly the DA looks and said, "Yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife?"  First, no matter how you answer it, you look like an asshole, second, even if you are a wife beater, that has absolutely nothing to do with if you stole something.  

And to head it off at the pass, there have been times when personal issues of members of TSR have had personal issues talked about, such as pictures Atwa has taken of herself as a way of drawing attention to herself.  In that case, it's as  if you sit down in the witness chair at your trial for stealing, and say, "Can you hurry it up?  I have to get home and beat my wife," then you've just made it public knowledge to everyone in the court room.  While they can't use it as evidence for the stealing case, you will not stop the jury and the DA from judging you as a thief who beats their wife, and discussing it among themselves either.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2009 April 10, 15:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, which is why we shouldn't do it.  Just because someone does something wrong and immoral does not give us the right to do the same thing.  I don't know about you, but I am better than Thomas, and I want to stay that way.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 April 10, 16:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, which is why we shouldn't do it.  Just because someone does something wrong and immoral does not give us the right to do the same thing.  I don't know about you, but I am better than Thomas, and I want to stay that way.

(Emphasis added by me)

I think I've just found my new motto, for when I'm in a situation when I'm forced to do something that goes against my grain.  "At least I'm better than Thomas and I want to stay that way!"

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 April 10, 16:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I recall, MGon just disappeared one day.  All the communities on other games were just removed from the servers and everything was dedicated to the Sims.  Not long afterward they went pay the same way.  One day free, next day pay.  Steve said it was out of his hands, and he hadn't liked the idea.  He gave the :we just bought 4 more servers for the next (Sims 1) EP and advertising revenue isn't paying for them" excuse as the reason.

However, there are others who may remember in more detail.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 16:56:07 by Scurvy Cat » Logged

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 April 10, 16:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too true.    Remeber...what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?

We ARE better than that scum Thoma$$.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: 2009 April 10, 16:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've just found my new motto, for when I'm in a situation when I'm forced to do something that goes against my grain.  "At least I'm better than Thomas and I want to stay that way!"

Between that and the reason you use when things are going wrong or are off, I think you are covered:

Why did the car just die like that?  Because Atwa is crazy.

You want me to lie to the customer?  At least I am better than Thomas and I want to stay that way!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Herman Toothrot
Landlubber

"'X' never, ever marks the spot!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2009 April 10, 16:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Company info from http://www.foretagarna.se/

Ibibi AB via Google translate
... Ibibi AB original
Odd Job Media AB via Google translate
... Odd Job Media AB original

The net sales numbers are off in the translated versions, they should be multiplied with a THOUSAND (tkr = tusen kronor, thousands of kronor). The 'unsubscribe' written in red on the Ibibi AB info page stands for 'avregistrerat' which in turn is 'unregistered' which means that they have no current business activities.

Odd Job AB site via Google translate.

Employees include:
Jan Isacsson, Art Director/Projektledare
Johan Isacsson, Programmering
Thomas Isacsson, Art Director/HTML/CSS

Why do I get this feeling that they are not making 4,672,000 kronor / 564,814.47 USD per year just by slapping together some html and fiddling with MySQL?

Edit: this from www.riksdelen.se

Odd Job Media AB (Google)
... Odd Job Media AB (original)

So Odd Job Media AB swallowed Ibibi AB?
Juridiskt namn: Odd job KB

More & more detailed info from another site, www.ratsit.se

Ibibi AB via Google translate
... Ibibi AB original
Odd Job AB via Google translate
... Odd Job AB original

"... owning and managing real estate and securities ..." such as ThomASS' second home? Roll Eyes

Here's Steve Bonham AB (Google) / Steve Bonham AB (original) at Ratsit and Steve Bonham AB (Google) / Steve Bonham AB (original) at Företagarna
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 17:18:48 by Herman Toothrot » Logged
Melodie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 2009 April 10, 19:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While entertaining, I see nothing legal or professional about this threat.

Just more of the same.  EA has the 'do whatever the hell you like' policy, as long as it keeps the money rolling in.

You'd think TSR would realize the more noise they make, the more potential damage they are doing to themselves with all this nonsense.
If TSR becomes a squeaky enough wheel in the ears of the right people, EA may be forced to drop their 'partnership'.
Eh, one could dream.

Being detached with hope is opposite from being invested with expectations.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 2009 April 10, 20:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While entertaining, I see nothing legal or professional about this threat.

Just more of the same.  EA has the 'do whatever the hell you like' policy, as long as it keeps the money rolling in.

You'd think TSR would realize the more noise they make, the more potential damage they are doing to themselves with all this nonsense.
If TSR becomes a squeaky enough wheel in the ears of the right people, EA may be forced to drop their 'partnership'.
Eh, one could dream.

That will happen only if TSR is enough of a squeaky wheel to cause EA to lose massive amounts of money. This is why we don't ever want to lower ourselves to the level they do because when EA finally decides to throw a shitfit we want TSR to be their targets not the freesite owners, freesite creators, or PMBD. Let them make their own bed while we stand back and laugh.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Old Enuf
Landlubber

whatever,...

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 April 10, 20:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After wading through endless pages, it seems to me (and excuse me if I'm stating the obvious), that TSR and Thomas must be in a world of hurt if he is taking this much effort to discredit anyone and everyone.  Especially for a "business/fansite" as "large" as TSR is purportedly to be.  One would think that he would just let all the accusations roll off his back (like any REAL business probably would).  I guess, my question to him would be, "Why does all this hubbub bother you, if you can prove that you are in the right?"  Now, obviously, restating myself, there has some questions about the legality and business practices of TSR and Thomas with his narrow-eyed interest on this site and others.

I hope I made sense.

shh,... hunting rabbits
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 April 10, 20:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is the one violating the EULA and the law. TSR and paysites like it are the ones who have made the Sims community into the ridiculous mess it is now. No matter how "mean" we get here, we'll always be above that pack of con artists.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2009 April 10, 21:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True- But we remain better than them by not pulling the same shit they(other than being mean which many of us have a perfect right to do) - e.g. publishing Thomass and the other Isaak(C)sons non-TSR related business info, or looking into aspects of their lives that have nothing to do with their running a Sims2 Paysite- Who Thomass is screwing and where he lives, or how much money he makes from non-TSR related activities aren't our business anymore than it is the business of paysite idiots like him to know how much money freesite owners make, or who they sleep with, or where they live (though some paysite owners certainly feel that they have a right to that information when it comes to freesite owners and creators) .

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: