PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:56:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807219 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2670 on: 2010 January 14, 03:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are referring to Madison. I honestly dont know if he would do that to me. I never gave him my log in information. And after we had our falling out and I banned and deleted him from the site, I changed my password anyway. I never gave it to him, I was just playing it safe.

As for that PM, whoever it was was gloating that they were logged into MY name. I have no idea who ATWA is. WOuld she really do something like that? Duh, of course she would. Ive seen way too many people like her to even doubt it.

I will have to agree with you there Scotty. I doubt Madi had anything to do with this at all. I mean Yakov also started out on GSC (with Mod Abilities) & left us for InSim then hopped on over to TSR as well. I highly doubt Madi has any hacking abilities.

The TWAT on the other hand, i'm not so sure...

And speaking of the TWAT yes it sounds very much like something she would do. You must simply read all about the TWATS antics on Coconuts blog to fully understand her kind of crazy.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2671 on: 2010 January 14, 03:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think anyone including most qualified psychologists or psychiatrists understand her kind of crazy- of course no one  understands Thomas's kind of crazy either since the woman has a vendetta apparently against the entire Sims community,  free  and pay(given some of the things she has said about FA's and other people at TSR) yet he keeps allowing her access to his site. As a site admin- if I had someone hating on my site- that had a rep for site hackings, threatening emails etc like Atwa does they wouldn't be allowed near my site. And, don't tell me the powers that be at TSR don't know it's her - she's doesn't have enough common sense to know when to quit- which means she also doesn't have enough common sense to change her Paypal or Credit Card info every time she re-registers her sub with a different username. I am sure someone in that organization is aware every time she shows up there.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 14, 04:00:02 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 2010 January 14, 07:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may have just been expedience.  There was a brief time they were seriously short of FAs.   They may have talked themselves into letting her back for that reason.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2673 on: 2010 January 14, 07:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant was that if Atwa is behind this then her friendship with Madison would explain why she decided to pick on GSC. He probably didn't have anything to do with it, except to at some point in the past have vented about GSC to Atwa.

And yes, of course she would have had help. The whole theory is that somebody with admin access provided her with information from the unencrypted TSR database. That's what Pescado is referring to when he's talking about a 'rogue agent'.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2674 on: 2010 January 14, 08:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I meant was that if Atwa is behind this then her friendship with Madison would explain why she decided to pick on GSC. He probably didn't have anything to do with it, except to at some point in the past have vented about GSC to Atwa.

I completely agree with you on that.

And yes, of course she would have had help. The whole theory is that somebody with admin access provided her with information from the unencrypted TSR database. That's what Pescado is referring to when he's talking about a 'rogue agent'.

*cough~THOMASS~cough*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: 2010 January 14, 10:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What has a tendency to inculpate Thomas is his expressed attitude.  That as of last time I spoke to him he considered it totally correct to do unprofessional and probably illegal things to overcome piracy.   In some ways and from some aspects one could say he has a fair point.  The problem for TSR is the effect it has had on their image, even amongst non-pirating sims players, and those who risk suffering collateral damage.

Every software gets pirated, and every store has shoplifters.   The idea is that with a good enough reputation, and with good enough value, the legitimate customers will ensure the business thrives and loss to theft will remain *relatively* small.   Although I have subscribed in the past, in today's economic climate fewer people will feel they can committ to a monthly outgoing, which is currently the same price as an entire hosting package!   TSR needs to explore other ways of attracting spending, such as pay per download etc so as to get impulse buys happening.   There are a couple of sets I would have bought on impulse if the price seemed reasonable.  $7 for a month's subscription just so I could get the two sets I wanted did not seem good value.

Other ideas are turn the kudos points into general points that can either be earned like now, or purchased if you want one of their benefits more quickly.  That's similar to how some facebook games work, increasingly one can buy advantages other than content.  Also establish a gifting process, so that grannies can buy points for a member to spend on what they want.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2676 on: 2010 January 14, 15:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sane forum mods tend to either squash drama problems like Atwa, or just pass the popcorn.  Thomass is obviously not sane since he sneaks her in to avoid anyone knowing.  I mean, I had drama on forums i run, and I squashed it fast - mostly because it was the nasty libel sort that could have caused all sorts of headaches.

In other places, I might have passed the popcorn - but I never keep someone around who actually causes the harm she's caused the entire community.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: 2010 January 14, 16:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't buy items from a company that doesn't have a license/contract with the manufacturer to sell the goods they're trying to, though. It's all the difference of buying a genuine Rolex from a reputable and legit dealer or the guy on the street that is practically giving away what looks to be the same thing on a street corner that will, sooner or later, turn your wrist green and conk out when it gets humid.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2678 on: 2010 January 14, 16:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't buy items from a company that doesn't have a license/contract with the manufacturer to sell the goods they're trying to, though. It's all the difference of buying a genuine Rolex from a reputable and legit dealer or the guy on the street that is practically giving away what looks to be the same thing on a street corner that will, sooner or later, turn your wrist green and conk out when it gets humid.

True, no I don't.  In fact my website is for an internet station, and having the staff causing drama and committing slander is well, counterproductive.  Needless to say, said staff are gone, as is the obnoxiously rude person who laid into me and the rest of the community.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: 2010 January 14, 16:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is though, Thomas is a part-owner.  There is not really anyone in a position to dismiss him.   But you'd think he'd want his business to do as well as it can, and part of that is getting the PR right.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: 2010 January 14, 16:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is though, Thomas is a part-owner.  There is not really anyone in a position to dismiss him.   But you'd think he'd want his business to do as well as it can, and part of that is getting the PR right.
Yes, but while he may want his business to do well, he has some extremely flawed ideas of how to go about doing so, and his actions have generally created the impression that he is dishonest and underhanded, both with his internal dealings and with the public.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: 2010 January 14, 16:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's what I was trying to say.  If Thomas can change his own approach to the rest of the simming community, it might go some way to getting them enough customers returning that it makes up for the relatively small losses to piracy.   As I have said before, most of the booty users would not have been customers anyway, they would have probably shared stuff privately with their subscriber friends rather than making a public issue of using the booty.  So I don't think TSR "lost" any significant portion of their paying users to piracy.   Many people chose to stop subbing due to worries about their data (I mean in theory someone who shares personal contact details might be moved to share credit card details on another occasion) and are not using TSR content at all currently rather than pirate, because they feel two wrongs don't make a right - similar to my attitude.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: 2010 January 14, 17:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's all very well and good, and the advice makes perfect sense.  However there is the minor issue that we don't actually want them to succeed because they're a paysite and thus by virtue full of suck ... and stuff like that.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2683 on: 2010 January 14, 17:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other ideas are turn the kudos points into general points that can either be earned like now, or purchased if you want one of their benefits more quickly.  That's similar to how some facebook games work, increasingly one can buy advantages other than content.  Also establish a gifting process, so that grannies can buy points for a member to spend on what they want.

I've been playing FB games a lot lately since I can't play sims cause my main computer is currently being used for a job I'm doing (long story).
Anyway,
Every time I see all the "premium" items that can only be bought with the special app money (which usually costs real money), I'm reminded of paysites. Then my piratey side always kicks in and refuses to pay real money for play money. I would rather earn stuff through playing the game, not simply buying pixels because I'm too lazy to earn them. What's the fun in that?

My Deviant artwork here.
bollyknickers
Landlubber

Sci-fi & Sims - Staying Away From Reality

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: 2010 January 14, 21:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing FB games a lot lately since I can't play sims cause my main computer is currently being used for a job I'm doing (long story).
Anyway,
Every time I see all the "premium" items that can only be bought with the special app money (which usually costs real money), I'm reminded of paysites. Then my piratey side always kicks in and refuses to pay real money for play money. I would rather earn stuff through playing the game, not simply buying pixels because I'm too lazy to earn them. What's the fun in that?

My granddad got annoyed at fb because a farm game wanted him to pay for fuel for his newly bought tractor with real money. He'd just saved up all his free tokens to buy it as well! Like wth, upsetting old people - ruining the comfort of their old age?  I used to play habbo, when I was about 12. A good number of years ago now. And I did at one point pay for membership. So I could have pretty plaits and an eyepatch (!!!) and everyone gave me respect. I was the first female habbo army leader - and what did I gain out of all that crap - oh yeah, I lost ££££s. Damn them money-sucking pixel prickheads.

A man is like a deck of cards: You need a Heart to love him, a Diamond to marry him, a Club to smash his stupid head in, and a Spade to bury him.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: