PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:48:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807084 times)
Scotty
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2655 on: 2010 January 11, 23:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My forum sends a random password if someone forgets theirs. It would go to the email address associated with the account. The email service is the same way I think. And no, no secret questions to both. But I think Invision added secret questions to the last update. I will check that one out for sure.

AND HELL no I dont use that TSR tool. Please, I like my computer!

I have been going through everything and changing passwords.

Inge: Shut your Piehole.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2656 on: 2010 January 12, 09:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have used my GSC password at other sites. I may have used it at TSR when I was there too, but I since changed it.

You changed your password at TSR or at GSC?

I’m asking because since the hacker used your password to get into GSC the most important thing would be to establish how he/she got hold of it. 

Try to think: Did anyone else know your GSC password? Or could anyone have guessed it? Those other places you used it, are they secure or could the breach have happened there?

And one more thing: That admin that you fell out with and who then moved to TSR. Is/was he in any way close to or friends with Atwa? I know you aren’t familiar with Atwa, but maybe you could PM Coconut with the name of this admin, and she could let you know if there is any connection between the two. That could be another important clue.

It’s puzzling. So far I don’t see a firm TSR connection, except that what happened at GSC – the name change, the deletion of everything and particularly the PM to Scotty calling him a Gay Pirate Fag – is exactly the kind of thing that Atwa would do.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2010 January 12, 09:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I wouldn't wish to stand in the way of a good old TSR-bashing round, it should be remembered that many of us have people who both dislike us and have enough time and knowledge to hack our sites who are *not* TSR-mediated.   If one starts with the assumption that every hack attack has originated from TSR or ATWA, and downgrades any evidence pointing away from them or towards someone else, one could miss the person who actually did it, and the methods they used.  This result is not helpful to overall security.

I do believe that the sharing of user data with FAs (who are not vetted in any way for security) was a naive error of judgement on the part of TSR for which they should apologise and give reassurances for the future.   However the idea that TSR would be in a huddle in their office orchestrating who to hack next and what names to call them seems a stretch too far for probability.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 2010 January 12, 10:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have used my GSC password at other sites. I may have used it at TSR when I was there too, but I since changed it. I use the same email address at TSR that I do for the GSC. Shit. I never thought of that. I feel like an idiot.
Ayup. That pretty much answers the "How" part.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
coconut
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2659 on: 2010 January 12, 11:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And one more thing: That admin that you fell out with and who then moved to TSR. Is/was he in any way close to or friends with Atwa? I know you aren’t familiar with Atwa, but maybe you could PM Coconut with the name of this admin, and she could let you know if there is any connection between the two. That could be another important clue.

I think I know who you refer to, and yes he was a VERY close friend of Atwa, but not of late. If it is indeed the one I am thinking of, he is no longer with TSR,  he did soft delete his own work there when he left, which was later restored, although I find it unlikely he would have done this hack. It is more than possible he could have passed information to Atwa during their friendship, who would have passed it to Tom, but I doubt that Scotty would have given his admin password to this person, so again this is unlikely.

If his password has been stored on the TSR DB at any time, that would be a more plausible source. TSR stores password history, and despite what Team Johan tells you, it is NOT encrypted.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 12, 11:53:08 by coconut » Logged

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2660 on: 2010 January 12, 12:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have used my GSC password at other sites. I may have used it at TSR when I was there too, but I since changed it.

You changed your password at TSR or at GSC?

I’m asking because since the hacker used your password to get into GSC the most important thing would be to establish how he/she got hold of it.  

Try to think: Did anyone else know your GSC password? Or could anyone have guessed it? Those other places you used it, are they secure or could the breach have happened there?

It’s puzzling. So far I don’t see a firm TSR connection, except that what happened at GSC – the name change, the deletion of everything and particularly the PM to Scotty calling him a Gay Pirate Fag – is exactly the kind of thing that Atwa would do.

Scotty is talking about his password at GSC.

I agree with you that the most important thing is to establish how the hacker got a hold of Scotty's sign in info. As for the admin from GSC who most if not all of us had a falling out with he didn't go directly to TSR. After he left GSC he joined that one really popular TS1/TS2 site who were well known for their TS1 & TS2 Lots. For the life of me i can't remember the sites name, but you did have to have a Game Spy account to download their uploads. Anyone know which site that was?

He then left that site & moved to TSR. I can tell you that he was in communication with the TWAT cause she was artist manager at the time. He and Atwa also had a falling out. He was one of the 1st chosen to go to the TS3 creators camp but at the last minute was replaced by another FA which pissed him off to no end so he left TSR as well. I'm not sure if his creations are still up at TSR. Coconut also had posted about this particular situation on his/her blog. Just do a search for the creators camp info. It would be right before they all left to go to the camp.  

As for your other question/s i'll leave those for Scotty to answer.

Edit to add...

Coconut just confirmed he had removed all of his creations from TSR but they were restored.

Quote from: Quorneater
While I wouldn't wish to stand in the way of a good old TSR-bashing round, it should be remembered that many of us have people who both dislike us and have enough time and knowledge to hack our sites who are *not* TSR-mediated.   If one starts with the assumption that every hack attack has originated from TSR or ATWA, and downgrades any evidence pointing away from them or towards someone else, one could miss the person who actually did it, and the methods they used.  This result is not helpful to overall security.

I do believe that the sharing of user data with FAs (who are not vetted in any way for security) was a naive error of judgement on the part of TSR for which they should apologise and give reassurances for the future.   However the idea that TSR would be in a huddle in their office orchestrating who to hack next and what names to call them seems a stretch too far for probability.

I agree with you on this to a point. However Pescado has stated over on MATY this most likely is a rouge operator who's being handed the info from someone inside TSR then setting about doing their business. Could the person handing out that info be the TWAT? Coconut would most likely know the answer to that one.

Quote from:  Pesacado on MATY
Someone from TSR enabled this list to be acquired, even if nothing was done about it, and TSR was very quick to deny responsibility for anything involving said list even before the fingers had been pointed. And the fact remains, you DO have a rogue operator and he IS still at large.

*waves to Coconut* Smiley
« Last Edit: 2010 January 12, 12:40:27 by Witchboy » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2010 January 12, 12:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR stores password history, and despite what Team Johan tells you, it is NOT encrypted.

Excuse me?  Could you clarify that please?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2010 January 12, 16:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if coconut == atwa == the person doing the hacking, why are we friendly with her?

No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 2010 January 12, 16:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if coconut == atwa == the person doing the hacking, why are we friendly with her?

How did you come to that conclusion? Coconut = Atwa?
Claiming that Coconut is the disgruntled ex FA Atwa would be an increadibly easy 'solution' to TSR's little problem though.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2010 January 12, 16:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was what Witchboy was hinting with his "waves to Coconut" after the quote about the rogue operator.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 2010 January 12, 17:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He was quoting Pescado in reference to your post. The shout out to coconut was unrelated.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2666 on: 2010 January 13, 20:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if the former GSC admin was close to Atwa it could be a motive for why GSC was attacked. I keep thinking that that insulting PM to Scotty practically has Atwa's signature on it.

Interesting discussion about this between Pes and Johan over at MATY, by the way.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2010 January 13, 22:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if this is an atwa fiasco, then it *would* be sourced back to the original problem of the doxing, except that neither Johan nor Pescado can think of how she would have gotten the passwords by that means, so the link is broken at that point, making it some other way she got the password.   Maybe she's just a really good hacker and she hacked into TSR also without any authorisation.  

I mean, the woman probably hates *everyone* now, and is on no one's side but her own.

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 2010 January 13, 23:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see Atwat being that good a hacker. I imagine if she did have some part in this she had a helping hand and poke in the right direction.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Scotty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: 2010 January 14, 02:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if the former GSC admin was close to Atwa it could be a motive for why GSC was attacked. I keep thinking that that insulting PM to Scotty practically has Atwa's signature on it.

Interesting discussion about this between Pes and Johan over at MATY, by the way.

You are referring to Madison. I honestly dont know if he would do that to me. I never gave him my log in information. And after we had our falling out and I banned and deleted him from the site, I changed my password anyway. I never gave it to him, I was just playing it safe.

As for that PM, whoever it was was gloating that they were logged into MY name. I have no idea who ATWA is. WOuld she really do something like that? Duh, of course she would. Ive seen way too many people like her to even doubt it.

Inge: Shut your Piehole.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: