PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:54:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807163 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2160 on: 2009 November 29, 14:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes me feel better, Pes.  Darqstar suggested it was BBS complaints that made it on there.  Which makes sense. Still, that means that either a) they troll the BBS and take note or b) a maxoid gave them the information. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2009 November 29, 15:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to know how my name got on there.  I haven't logged into TSR in over a year and I haven't been on the BBS logged in since Bon Voyage came out. 

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2162 on: 2009 November 29, 16:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on the list too, but all they have is one of my emails.  Thing is, i've never posted on TSR, but I have posted on the BBS and as much said that the board mods must be in TSR's pay/pocket.

EA might not collect that info, but that does not mean that some of the mods don't.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2009 November 29, 16:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm there too. Never subscribed, never posted in the forum, never commented, I'm not on the BBS (never was), and I only ever downloaded some free stuff, but my personal details are being passed in public.

How did CarpeDiem, a former SA get supposedly administration only information? Plus I can say for a fact that the information on the list (at least for me) is recent. I changed it within the last couple of months.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2164 on: 2009 November 29, 16:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm - don't know which email it is.  Its as likely an old one that isn't even active.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 2009 November 29, 16:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can tell, the target list appears to consist of "Anyone Who Has Ever Been Sighted Here/MATY/MTS2", and "Anyone Who Has Ever Been Seen Not Approving Of Them".

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2166 on: 2009 November 29, 16:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kenmtl-how do you know which email is on there? Did coconut tell you?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: 2009 November 29, 16:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've commented on the post on Coconut's blog asking them to verify if a name on there is me, I suspect it probably is...

How irritating, I've been quiet from this community for ages as I got mixed up with thedebate etc and they think they have the right to publish personal information on me??? Cheeky bastards!

Updated April 30th!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2168 on: 2009 November 29, 16:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww...how sweet.  They think I'm a pirate.  Tongue  They have my full name and email, well admittedly it's not hard to find my email.

However, I've not posted to the bbs in forever.  Talking about years here, I've also only posted once or twice to TSR in the last year or year and half.  And the only sharing I've done of any pay content is when I fix the crap that they don't do right.  I've never even subscribed to TSR, so it's not like I am really sharing new stuff.  Everything I touch was already shared.

Something I notice about that list, it's seems about anyone from here or MATY or any I've seen on different sites linking to the booty is on it.  I have to wonder if this list is simply by someone who thinks they are being useful.  Someone needs to get a life.

Eta:  ah, Pescado types quicker.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
VaVe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2009 November 29, 16:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww...how sweet.  They think I'm a pirate.  Tongue 

I know the feeling.

I haven't been here or anywhere else 'piratey' in months. The last time I used TSR was before TS3 came out. And yet they have my email address and apparently name too. I guess it's just lucky that I didn't register with my real name.

The person who wrote that list must have wasted a lot of their time getting all that information.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2170 on: 2009 November 29, 16:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WTF Milano is on the list- Atwat you are a dumb bitch - Milano is not associated with us, GOS, Sims2Supernova, or BlackPearl Sims, and frankly if it is over her Castaways stuff that is shit she meshes her/himself not extracted shit from the game. The twat part of your fucking name really is true isn't it, and if I assume correctly Gypsy Kate is Parsims Kate, and you just pissed off one of the most popular site owners in the Sims Community- and one that EA likes -You really want fucking EA to destroy TSR don't you.

Simnuts isn't even creating for Sims 2 anymore t they have gone back to Sims 1 and haven't even put shit up on their TS2 site in a nearly  a year , and Mummysim is also retired, so is Rock Chick.
Moar than half the people on the list are people who aren't even fucking community members anymore because they were sick of people like you.

I hope she succeeds in destroying TSR, revealing peoples real life names and addresses can be a serious legal violation in many countries.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2171 on: 2009 November 29, 17:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww...how sweet.  They think I'm a pirate.  Tongue  They have my full name and email, well admittedly it's not hard to find my email.

However, I've not posted to the bbs in forever.  Talking about years here, I've also only posted once or twice to TSR in the last year or year and half.  And the only sharing I've done of any pay content is when I fix the crap that they don't do right.  I've never even subscribed to TSR, so it's not like I am really sharing new stuff.  Everything I touch was already shared.

Something I notice about that list, it's seems about anyone from here or MATY or any I've seen on different sites linking to the booty is on it.  I have to wonder if this list is simply by someone who thinks they are being useful.  Someone needs to get a life.

Eta:  ah, Pescado types quicker.

damn...I feel all left out and shit...Gayle and I never even made the list...and I think we caused that twat a whole lot of butthurt...

darkdreams
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2009 November 29, 18:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on the list and I just lurk here and on Maty, I think they may also be looking at GOS where I am active and yea, I admit I did share files there. Roll Eyes  (recently)
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2009 November 29, 18:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww...how sweet.  They think I'm a pirate.  Tongue 

I know the feeling.

I haven't been here or anywhere else 'piratey' in months. The last time I used TSR was before TS3 came out. And yet they have my email address and apparently name too. I guess it's just lucky that I didn't register with my real name.

The person who wrote that list must have wasted a lot of their time getting all that information.

I can third that. I haven't been active here since before summer and somehow I'm on that list with an email that I don't even use for PMBD or for the TSR account that I made in the TS1 days (pre-paysite) that can't even remember the username and password to. The only place that I have using that email is MATY and my username is different there and my email is hidden. I only ever post at MATY and PMBD and never to the BBS. I am greatly disturbed.

Come visit Sammytopia
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2009 November 29, 18:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hai there, I'm on the list too!

When Paleo told me she wasn't, I thought it might have something to do with that day several of us got banned by the BBS for writing negative things about TSR.  She had written a post and did not get banned.  I got banned for agreeing with other posts, not writing one myself.  BUT, after reading this, I'm wondering.

However, after being pissed, I've come to the conclusion that while the information out is annoying, it really isn't powerful enough to do anything.  So, some folks now know the person behind Darqstar's real name. Big deal.  I've never shared payfiles.  My real name isn't such a secret that anyone with a computer, a minimum of computer savvy (like knowing how to Google) and an hour or so couldn't have found out for themselves.  The worst things that they can do with that information is:

1: Find out where I live and come over or give harassing phone calls. Gee, if I get any visits or phone calls like that, I'll know the source.

2: Sell my email to spammers.  Too late, it already is out there to spammers.  That's why I have email filters.

3: Put me on a blacklist so I can no longer pay for Sim items.  Breaks my heart, that one does.  *snort*  And even then, I could still pay any place that took credit cards, because when you use a credit card on the net, it won't give your real name to the person you're buying from, the person who gets the real name is the company the processes the card.  I can't pay with paypal.  I don't pay anyone with paypal anyway, so again, who cares.  If I was really interested in buying stupid Sim pay crap, I could always buy a gift card credit card and use that, then no one would know who I was. But yaknow, does it matter?  If I want pay items, if I even start to care about Sims again, I can come here.

Unless I'm missing something, all this information does is stir up a huge hornets nest, but in truth, is rather useless.  So, why was it leaked?

The only conclusion I can come to is that everything has been quiet on the whole PMBD front, and Thomas wants to stir it up again.  Why? Because any publicity can be good publicity if you spin it right.  Yes, we yell, we scream and we get others on our side. But, how many members do they get that feel sorry for them?  "Oh, Thomas, those mean people saying all those nasty things about you.  I wasn't going to renew my subscription this year, but considering the grief TSR is getting, I decided I needed to show my support!"

I mean, you can't say that the leak was an accident.  The list might have been given to Thomas in secret, but the fact that he shared it with Atwa, and obviously shared it in such a way that coconut could and did find out, tells me he wanted it leaked.  I mean, they've known they're being watched for over a year, if Thomas really wanted the information kept private, he would not have given it to Atwa.  He did, he wants us to know he has it, that it's out there and he wants to piss off the community, he wants to start the "Us against them" mentality.  Because hey, even sympathy money is better than no money at all.  And if you've ever hung on the forums at TSR, you'll find it's full of well meaning, but misguided people who think of TSR as a friend and when someone attacks their friend they want to help... and the best way to help to them is to pull out the wallet and hand them the cash.

The above is my opinion of the whole situation.  You don't have to agree or disagree with me, the choice is yours.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: