PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:48:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816177 times)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2100 on: 2009 October 12, 00:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

making sure they are tested and working before uploaded to the site.

They can't possibly be serious.  The sheer volume of uploads makes that impossible, and I'm sure we can point to numerous borked non-working downloads, stuff with BHAVs comes to mind.  Do people there believe this?  Does anyone at TSR question it?  MTS has many moderators, probably less uploads, and they sure don't have time to check if stuff works.  They (MTS) check thread text and pictures.

-------------------------------------------------

WB According to Pescado at MTS, the RIPE network is all of Europe.  He suspects both people are using the same proxy, but are otherwise unrelated.  I assume the individual IPs are useful info, since most folks probably don't connect to MTS through a proxy so wouldn't be using them.  I know almost nothing about networking though, so just my assumption.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 12, 05:58:37 by CatOfWar » Logged

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2101 on: 2009 October 12, 06:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WB According to Pescado at MTS, the RIPE network is all of Europe.  He suspects both people are using the same proxy, but are otherwise unrelated.  I assume the individual IPs are useful info, since most folks probably don't connect to MTS through a proxy so wouldn't be using them.  I know almost nothing about networking though, so just my assumption.

Ahhhh ok. I too no nothing about networking but i do kinda understand about IP's & Proxies. Thank You for the info Cat Smiley

Pes if your reading this, do you think that these IP's are being used through a proxie service by someone? If i remember correctly i believe the one used to attack Sim Secret & Shan0w were.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 12, 07:04:17 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2102 on: 2009 October 14, 07:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has announced another new batch of FA's, including a few interesting ones.

- Pilar; The owner of freesite http://www.simcontrol.es/ and an artist at MTS. Looks like we've lost another one Sad
- Sasila; an ex TS2 FA who I believe set all her items free and flounced from other paysites as well. Looks like she's back Sad

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
simsrocks
ARR!

Sparkle

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 2009 October 14, 08:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their items appear to be free at the moment, but I suppose if they're FAs now, that could change >_<
« Last Edit: 2009 October 14, 10:41:17 by simsrocks » Logged
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2104 on: 2009 October 14, 15:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pilar is just one person in the greater scheme of things Shanow. I have been going through the list on the Booty of Pay Sites that are supposedly still active in order to add to my  list of paysites so my new moderator doesn't accidentally post pay content when she has to do finds, and there are many fewer of them than there were before, other than a few sites like TSR, Rose, Peggy, and XMSims many  of the sites on the Booty List are either inactive in that they are 100%Gone. Their domain names have expired and they have disappeared, or they have gone free or the sites have been completely inactive for more than 6 months (that doesn't preclude their making money, but no one is going to download the same 3 donation sets over and over again and keep paying for it and most of this sites are not Rose, Peggy or TSR- they are little sites)

Out of the current Booty Index list of Active TS2 Pay Sites - these sites are all either Inactive or completely gone paysites or gone free

11dots
2forU
37Sims-Free
ArtisticHabitats
BlueSims
EchoSims2
Eclectic Sims- Free
Independant Sims
GlamourSim
Glamsim
Habitat43
Lesson About Looks
Lliella
LovingTouchDesigns
Noanniko
Pure sims
Silverwind
Sim-Ages
Sims Gamers
Simgrrll
Sims2Fashion
Sims2Heaven
Sims2Luxe
Sims Skins
SimsSquirts
Sublisims
Varotica
Victorian Sims 2
Xuan Sims
xxxSims

A lot of other sites have not updated any content at all since 2008 and it is almost 2010 and I have noticed that we have only had a few sites like Ibaya, Evanelle, Lorandia, My Sims,  and Newsea pop up as pay sites since then. We lost one creator but look at how many died entirely or went free in comparison. My free sites list is over 180 strong at this point and I only have 5 inactive sites on my list. More than half the sites on the Booty Index list of paysites have gone POOF and their creators have disappeared completely- rather than going to work for TSR.
 I think once Pilar finds lack of support for Sims Control in the community now she has joined TSR who pretty much everyone hates even if they dislike PMBD - she will get her act together- she does not seem to be to much of a sheep at least not from what she has posted at the BPS forum and has pretty much gone her own way with Sims Control so I don't see her buying the party line she is fed by TSR for very long. But we will see- until then her site - no matter how much I like her content is not getting any advertisement by FSF.
« Last Edit: 2009 October 14, 16:55:35 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: 2009 October 14, 18:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hear, hear!  We should remember the good as well as the bad.

CatBallou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 2009 October 23, 14:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off current topic, but after a search this seemed the best place for it. TSR obviously trying to regain their foothold is sending spies/trolls into these little sharing forums & blogs. These youngsters are pleading for help to start a new fight against paysites. While its good to see new blood its sad to see how quickly TSR stomps out their little flames. What advice do you give these kids? I don't want to see a flood at MATY or here, they do however need some guidance.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: 2009 October 23, 15:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which "little sharing forums & blogs" were you referring to?
CatBallou
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: 2009 October 23, 20:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones I read about are Antonella's and despite the need for translation, the one I actually joined is a German based forum called Sim Collection. Both of them seem to have good intentions and as a parent I feel bad for them. I am still trying to convince my 14 y/o that TSR is bad, unfortunately all shes sees is the new shiny stuff. I think that is all any of them see and its just makes me shake my head.
missymoo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 2009 October 23, 21:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antonella is kicking back by finding other ways to share the files with mirrors and other people who have already downloaded the content resharing it between them I think, so there isn't alot TSR can do other than try to shut her down on each file host, which would be extremely laborious and pretty damn pointless if the files are torrented Smiley
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: 2009 October 24, 01:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR workshop is in public beta now. Their EULA still forbids the sell of content made with it because that content is still in beta stage, yet TSR is selling content made with it.  Roll Eyes

In the credits these are the only people credited:

Lead programmers: Mikael Sundberg  and Johan Isacsson
 Graphics & User Interface: Thomas Isacsson
 Wiki Documentation: Murano
 Additional credits: Everyone who have contributed with file format research and a special thanks to all our beta testers.

And for donations, they gave a reason why they want them:

If you want to support our onward development please consider a donation. The money we get from donations will be used to obtain developer licenses for programs such a 3DS Max, Maya, Lightwave, Cinema 4D and others. With those licenses we will be able to create plugins to be used directly from within those programs and not having to resort to Milkshape only for the mesh import.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2111 on: 2009 October 24, 19:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have they stated a good reason as to why they won't use MilkShape?

MilkShape costs 25 USD to register whereas the other programmes mentioned are 10 or 20 times more expensive. They are more complicated and has tons more features and it used to be a popular argument among Sims 2 pay creators that they needed the money to pay for the expensive programmes required to create.

Which was bull-shit, though. MilkShape is more than sufficient to create for Sims 2 - especially with some of the plug-ins developed at MTS. Numerous Sims 2 use MilkShape and never needed anything else - myself included.

Can't say if it's the same for Sims 3, though.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 2009 October 24, 22:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR workshop is in public beta now. Their EULA still forbids the sell of content made with it because that content is still in beta stage, yet TSR is selling content made with it.  Roll Eyes

Typical.  Wonder if anyone has brought it up in chat or at TSR?  Curious what Johan or Thoma$$ would say to that.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: 2009 October 25, 21:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what Cadiva about the submissions manager checking all downloads when they are uploaded:

No, she doesn't approve all submissions, FAs are able to submit and publish their own content and I believe the same may apply to SAs. In addition, as Girl from Mars does the job of submissions on her own, it is entirely possible some slip through the system, that's why I've just said you should report the ones which have made it through.

So FAs can put what ever crap in their files they want because they submit and publish their own content, it doesn't have to be approved.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 2009 October 25, 22:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much you want to bet it's going to be in beta stage for a looooong loooong time.

I can't believe people would buy are buying that donation crap. They're a commercial company asking their consumer base to pay for the manufacturing costs of a product they're going to sell them. How fucking stupid are those people ?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: