PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:09:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816956 times)
River
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1560 on: 2009 June 05, 06:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, there are even some new free content for Sims 3 at Natural Sims!! So even the less well-known (but still cool) free sites are way ahead of TSR!!   Shocked

Cracks me up.    Cheesy

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke 

See my Dragon babies HERE!
redheadturkey
Landlubber

Redheaded pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 2009 June 05, 14:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Is posting here for the first time.* I've been following this thread for two weeks now. (It's taken me that long to wade through 80-some pages of it) I discovered the booty through Ygallery, ironically enough. One of my friends there had discovered some Final Fantasy sims  on it and I downloaded them, then found the link to the Phorum. At any rate, after reading through all of this, I am shocked. Probably shouldn't be, as people like that are normally in things for the money as much as they possibly can be, but still, yes I am.

TSR was, like it was for many people, my very first custom content site experience, pay or otherwise, though I never gave them money. I won't pay money for content, I simply waited until what I wanted came free and downloaded it then.  I think now, though, that the booty will get all my business as far as whatever I might need from a particular paysite from now on.

I personally don't care if someone wants to pay for their pixels, but what has lost TSR a member in this case is the information sharing and then the LAUGHING about it. The attitude that they are better than anyone else has just ticked me off.
Solaera
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: 2009 June 05, 19:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TSR June 1st post was edited to 'clarify' a few things...
http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/11576
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 2009 June 05, 20:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How 'bout a screenie for those of us that refuse to go there due to the nasties they've encountered in the past on that site?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: 2009 June 05, 20:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a copy/paste as I'm about to go out the door.

We are happy to report that our Workshop tool is progressing nicely. Much of the necessary research has been completed and we have begun the process of putting it all together and to make some magic happen. In an effort to speed things up and make sure the community gets to see custom objects in the game sooner rather then later, we have decided to make the backend part of this project open source. Together with the likes of Delphy, Inge_Jones, Peter L Jones, Echo, jfade and Karybdis (to name a few, others to follow) we will pool our knowledge together and solve the challenges ahead of us as a collaborating team. More updates to follow Smiley

Edit to clarify: The Open Source team are working on the code that will allow us and other websites to develop software to support Sims 3 Custom Content. They aren't working on the TSR Workshop directly, they are working on the generic libraries that as Open Source, anybody can use. /Steve

Edit no 2: Those names mentioned above was a list of modders supporting open source in the past. All have acknowledged their participation in Sims 3 and this project with the exception of Mootilda and Atavera (thus their names are removed). We're sorry for the confusion!

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: 2009 June 05, 21:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's so impressive. The free community has all kinds of CC and hacks already, and they're just getting started. I doubt they have anything anybody wants anyway.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 2009 June 05, 21:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahahahahahaha!

TSR: Hey look what we're doing!
Everybody else: Um no
TSR: Ok clarification

Idiots.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Luigi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 2009 June 06, 00:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have been on the fence about this for some time and I've finally gone and done it, this is what I've posted at two of my popular stories at TSR. Many people opt to be made aware through email when a favorite story has updated so I am sure many will see this! At least I hope they do! Here is what it said in Safaatville Liyah's Legacy and My Not So Perfect Life:

"After finally sitting on the fence on this issue I am finally plunging head first into the great abyss of the paysites versus free site debate. I must admit that I did not want to choose a side as I believe if someone wants to charge for something that they have spent time and energy on that should be their choice. However, I personally put countless hours into getting the right screenshot and creating stories and wouldn't dare to ask for recompesense in this as it is something that I love to do, a hobby. With that being said I must say that I have been growing increasingly disenchanted with the tactics by tsr and have been following http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/ ...and http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/ , as well as using the booty for the often crappy material that I thought I wanted from the subscriber only section.

Now I learn that tsr is putting TROJANS into their files which can do GOD knows what and also causes game crashes if removed. They are also accusing users who have legitimate claims of technical issues with files of downloading from the booty and therefore being not worthy of assistance. This is ludicrous!!! I have met many people that I have befriended but I must admit that after reading coconut's blog found here and seeing some very familiar names that have helped me numerous times on this site I became flabbergasted. WHICH IS THE REAL YOU, the person condoning the spread of illegally obtained information or the person that is so helpful and encouraging?

I decided to finally break my silence because I have had enough. It was wrong for THOMAS TO HACK Buggybooz account at modthesims 2 because she exposed a feature artist for stealing her meshes! That was the last straw for me! It was wrong for THOMAS AND NAMELESS FEATURED ARTIST TO CONDONE THE PUBLIC DISPLAY OF NAMES, ADDRESSES, AND PHONE NUMBERS TO MEMBERS WHO were caught stealing as they call it (even though they steal other peoples things all the time)! IT IS WRONG TO NOT PAY A MEMBER BACK THEIR SUBSCRPITION MONEY WHEN THEY CANCEL IT OR HAVE A PROBLEM.

I AM COMPELLED TO DO THIS BECAUSE I THINK WE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT EVEN MORE SO BECAUSE I THINK I WILL BE MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE IN REACHING MORE PEOPLE THAN MOST. You see I know that people read my stories and that like I when we favorite a story we get email updates that THOMAS OR ANY OTHER MODERATOR CAN'T TOUCH, SO EVEN IF YOU EDIT MY RESPONSE ON YOUR BOARD YOU CAN'T EDIT THE EMAILS SENT OUT TO THE READERS WHEN I FIRST UPDATE.

SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND WANT TO KNOW THE EXTENT OF WHAT THIS WEBSITE HAS BECOME CHECK OUT THESE LINKS AND TELL AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.

TO BILLYBOP, AUGUSTTWILIGHT, ARABIAN 1, LADYTIMEDRAMON AND THE OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN SO KIND AND HELPFUL TO ME AND WHO HAVE BEEN LOYAL READERS YOU CAN FIND ME AT BLACKEPARLSIMS.COM MRS.CICERO.

About buggybooz account being hacked: http://forums.sims-community.com/showthread.php?t=66708
Blackpearl sims also has a thread: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/showth...861#post392861

What TSR has been doing with personal information: http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/ind...2113.4155.html "

I tried to screen capture this but I suck at it and it's all distorted when i pull it up in photoshop

Dude This just scares me, I just recently changed my pass on T$R cuz of the faggots and dumbassnoobdumbfuspussyhardcoresexidioticlumpyassbitches .... how scary...
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: 2009 June 06, 01:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would a bundle of sticks convince you to change your password on a website?  Huh
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: 2009 June 06, 21:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was wanting to know. What were they going to do, spontaneously ignite on your ass or something? Those small sticks can be really, really vicious I guess.

siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: 2009 June 09, 16:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I laughed hard when I saw their lame excuse/lie reasoning for mentioning names of those who have no part in their BS. *eye roll @ tsr...*

Hey, luigi:  Remember to snip the images  when quoting, please. ( It really makes it difficult to grasp where/ what you are commenting on) And try to say "no" to drawn out nonsensical  vulgarity...simple and clear is better. Thanks

« Last Edit: 2009 June 09, 16:41:43 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 2009 June 09, 23:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR announced today that their pattern plug in will be released tomorrow. I can't wait to see how it works, because it isn't that easy to make patterns for the game.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: 2009 June 09, 23:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the phrase "pattern plug" make me think of a colourful tampon? Tongue

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: 2009 June 10, 00:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the phrase "pattern plug" make me think of a colourful tampon? Tongue
Me too! I keep imagining it like a quilted tampon Grin

To those who'll grab this texture tool from T$R: check it with several different antivirus programs or specialized sites before installing it and after you installed it. And also check the pattern made with it. You never know, better safe than sorry.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: 2009 June 10, 01:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought of it that way, thanks for the laugh.

I can't wait to see the EULA, see if they hide anything in it.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: