PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:05:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806757 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1005 on: 2009 April 08, 17:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They call it a watermark but it acts unlike any such harmless thing, from what I've read. Others describe it as being more like a Trojan, but not the kind a male wears to prevent spawn in nine months. I know we've discussed this on the board at a few times, but for the life of me I can't remember the thread. Search feature is your friend...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
sidhe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2009 April 08, 17:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the reply, I will keep searching. The search feature was what brought me to this thread.  Cheesy  Ive tried TSR and TSR spy ware...Still have not found the details. Its a daunting thought to sift through all the material here. I am new and underestimated how extensive this site actually is.

So long and thanks for all the fish...
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2009 April 08, 18:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then DOT will come out with another tutorial which only proves we did in her mind, but to everyone else it's as rubbish as her lamp law.  Cheesy

Would someone be so kind as to point me towards more information about this lamp law? (I've tried searching every way I know, and all I can come up with is references to it. Apparently it has something to do with 'shape'...) It sounds lolzy, but not enough to wallow in the muck of TSR in an attempt to look for it.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2009 April 08, 18:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then DOT will come out with another tutorial which only proves we did in her mind, but to everyone else it's as rubbish as her lamp law.  Cheesy

Would someone be so kind as to point me towards more information about this lamp law? (I've tried searching every way I know, and all I can come up with is references to it. Apparently it has something to do with 'shape'...) It sounds lolzy, but not enough to wallow in the muck of TSR in an attempt to look for it.

We don't have any copies of it. Ask Dot, she'll gladly help you out. But legend has it, that anybody reading it, goes crazy immediately and starts making ugly lams for TSR and crazy tutorials proofing nothing at all.

You've been warned!  Grin

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2009 April 08, 18:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shudder* No way! That's way too much TSR contact for me. I was thinking more along the lines of the original discussion of it, since all I can see is references to known information. (That's what I get for disappearing for months.) But if it's initiate contact with Dot or continue in ignorance, I'll gladly take ignorance! Cheesy

ETA - after far too many pages of Ugliest Paysite Creation Finds for one sitting (eyebleach?), I think I finally understand. I still don't know what the actual Lamp Law is (or if there's a different version every year), and I don't really think I want to know if it's approving the kind of crap she pumps out. But at least I get why 'shape' is such a funny word. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 April 09, 03:33:26 by falln_angel » Logged

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2009 April 08, 18:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search feature is your friend...
Truth is, it's next to impossible to find stuff here. Hundreds of pages when most of them go off topic creates a mind-numbing experience. Cheesy I went back a month or so ago to try to find something that was said about EA and never did find it. Fished through about 300 pages of stuff before I finally gave up. Search feature wasn't my friend that day. Wink I've learned since then that if I want to remember something, I have to bookmark the page because asking for help won't work.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
sidhe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2009 April 08, 19:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the encouragement minionsRmine ,   Cheesy and I imagine you are right mind numbing indeed. But I can appreciate Padens advice anyway. So many people forget to use search or other tools and it is always worth trying first. I would guess that quite a few of Padens 4000 posts are helping people do what should often be obvious.  Smiley

So long and thanks for all the fish...
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2009 April 08, 19:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut is very well spoken, you can see she is very smart on how she conducts herself.

Shakeshalf should count herself lucky, lucky that we do not strike as low as the tsr does. I would love to have open season on all shakeshalf meshes, that creators should steal her work and start posting it all over the place. So she can see what it is like to be ripped off. But that would be low like them. It is just maddening this whole thing happened and for most of us our hands are tied.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
narlakins
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2009 April 08, 19:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut is very well spoken, you can see she is very smart on how she conducts herself.

Shakeshalf should count herself lucky, lucky that we do not strike as low as the tsr does. I would love to have open season on all shakeshalf meshes, that creators should steal her work and start posting it all over the place. So she can see what it is like to be ripped off. But that would be low like them. It is just maddening this whole thing happened and for most of us our hands are tied.

Shes probably jealous of the talent she hasnt got. To be honest what would be the point of ripping off her work? Why rip off rubbish when you can download good quality stuff?
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1014 on: 2009 April 08, 20:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somewhat back to the orginal topic.  I recently got an email from TSR begging me to renew my longtime defunct subscription (They even offered 30% off...oooooh Roll Eyes.)  Anyways, this part of the email caught my attention given the current issue:

Obviously, I've edited out my info.  But it did list my old password.   Hopefully someone more tech minded I can interpet this, but does this mean that my password was not encrypted?  Or is there a way for them to decrypt my password and send it back to me?

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2009 April 08, 20:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not yet read this entire thread, it is after all longer than my Master's Thesis  Cheesy, but I will get through it eventually. In the meantime can anyone tell me about this "spy ware" that TSR is reputed to attach to their files? I have heard about this before and would love to get some solid information. Are they bar coding files or embedding a security script or what?

In this thread over at Maty, Jfade and Pescado talk about what is in the TSR files. Start with Jfade's comment on the bottom of the page, and keep reading the rest of the thread to get the truth from Pescado.

FYI: In case you are unaware, Jfade is a Mod at TSR.

Hope this info helps you out.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2009 April 08, 21:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the reply, I will keep searching. The search feature was what brought me to this thread.  Cheesy  Ive tried TSR and TSR spy ware...Still have not found the details. Its a daunting thought to sift through all the material here. I am new and underestimated how extensive this site actually is.
Don't bother, you will not find anything other than the usual nonsense.
There is no evidence because it's just a watermark.
Pescado should be able to verify this but i doubt he will because he is either incompetent and can't figure out how it's constructed or he wants the myth to live on.

If you for any reason would want to check any of the other "evidence" you will find that it is equally hard to find it, like the PayPal myth for instance.
I know we didn't mention any information that were received from PayPal. I believe it's real in Coconuts head but in reality it didn't happen.
Go ahead and search for the evidence if you don't take my word for it.

I really thought some of you were smarter than this, the coconut reply is just full of nonsense and it doesn't prove any of out facts wrong.
It's just an exercise in twisting words and bending reality.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: 2009 April 08, 21:37:10 by johan » Logged

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
eph
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: 2009 April 08, 21:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked How dare they send a password unsolicited in a spam mail?!

Okay, yours is a yahoo adress, but any bet that this is an automated mail to all non-paying users, so it goes to all kind of email adresses.
You could be sharing your email adress with someone who's not supposed to know that password. Maybe you used the email box of your ex and forgot to change it before you left TSR. You could have worked at a company and used a company address, so the email could end up in the catch-all mailbox of the snoopy sys op.
How can they send out a password without a specific request from you?
Nice, giving your ex-lover or an ex-colleague a chance to login to your account.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2009 April 08, 21:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't bother, you will not find anything other than the usual nonsense.

Of course you would say that, seeing as how the TSR mode of business is to keep people from reading anything that isn't all rainbows and spelling errors.

There is no evidence because it's just a watermark.
Pescado should be able to verify this <yak yak>

Why don't you verify this? I've seen no step-by-step tutorial on how to deconstruct a TSR payfile and check to see what's really in it. Or perhaps you know not of what you speak?

It's just an exercise in twisting words and bending reality.

That, I do believe you know a little something about.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 08, 21:34:40 by dusdeedawn » Logged

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2009 April 08, 21:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Johan, pull your head out and take a breath, would ya? Or is it Thomass hiding behind his name? Either way, you boys really  need to get out more and see that you're about as full of hot air as the Republican National Convention. And y'all make about as much sense as Rush Limbaugh does at any time of day. Idiots, go play with your toes.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: