PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:38:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806904 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #945 on: 2009 April 07, 15:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: CortoMaltese
And a little idea: The sets are still avaible here at the booty - shouldn't they be deleted here too? But not complete - only the download zip/rar. And the filenames should be attached with a note like "stolen content" - so everyone will remember!

Good idea. I'd say change the booty description to reflect that it's not Shakeshaft's work and then leave the files in as a monument to her thievery as well as TSR's ham-fisted cover-up. The package names could be changed along with the in game catalog description.  The more attention drawn to the fact that Shakeshaft is a thief and that TSR is fine with it, the better.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 2009 April 07, 15:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People seem to have lost sight of the important issue at hand: The IMPORTANT issue is NOT that a user on TSR happened to steal the work of a user on another site: Shit like this happens on all sites, all the time. This cannot really be considered a unique attribute of TSR, or even really specifically TSR's fault. Their botched bureaucratic handling of the affair is nothing more than par for the course, something you can expect from most sites run by bureaucracies. The issue of IMPORTANCE is that TSR HACKS PEOPLES' ACCOUNTS. THAT is the issue that must not be forgotten. Everything else is mere sophistry.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Xanadu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2009 April 07, 15:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may find me here and here.  But I have no idea how mine compares to Mutske, since I have no pay content in my game.  Thank you dstar. 

You are a golden god--thanks for these.  They're all great additions to the short cutted Maxis stuff.  Not sure why they never make full sets of anything...
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 2009 April 07, 16:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may find me here and here.  But I have no idea how mine compares to Mutske, since I have no pay content in my game.  Thank you dstar. 

You are a golden god--thanks for these.  They're all great additions to the short cutted Maxis stuff.  Not sure why they never make full sets of anything...

Because they expect the Community to do it.  They even said that at least once during the Sims 3 Creators Camp. 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 2009 April 07, 17:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue of IMPORTANCE is that TSR HACKS PEOPLES' ACCOUNTS. THAT is the issue that must not be forgotten. Everything else is mere sophistry.

I agree, however, we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the mesh was stolen.  We can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that TSR hacked the systerm.  Until then, all we can do is give our evidence and TSR can refute it.  I still have questions, but the other side doesn't seem to answer them.  Such as, if the hacker only got into the FA's at TSR, how did they get to Buggyboot's password to use it at TSR?   And, how did they get the Hamilton password to hack Thomas's account at MTS2.

I'm still bothered by the "Paysites are okay" message left.  I would have understood if it said, "I don't care what you do with my stuff," but it deliberately mentioned paysites and then Thomas's account was used too, by the same IP address.   I can't imagine them being this stupid.  When the hacking story seemed to be what they were going with, it made sense that they did this to frame Coconut.  But now TSR is denying that they were hacked, or saying the hack was extra mild.   If it was TSR, why did they make it so obvious?  Are they really that stupid, or do you figure they thought with Hide My IP (which, isn't there written evidence that Thomas bought that for Atwa at some point, or is that heresay?)  they didn't have anything to worry about, that no one would know it was them.  But again, why hack Thomas's MTS2 account?  That's where it gets weird, the two things stick out like a huge neon sign.  "OH HAI GUZ, I HAXED UR SYSTEM!" 

I think the "stolen item" is becoming a huge deal because it's one piece of evidence that there is really no other explanation for.  Buggy's maps are quite different, too different to be a mere coincidence that Shakeshaft happens to mesh in that same, unusual way.  And the texture was obviously stolen too, it was just altered to make it a different color. 

I just wish we had proof that could not be disputed that TSR did it.  Until then, it's just speculation, unfortunately.  The evidence says it's more likely that it was them than it wasn't, but as long as there is doubt, TSR can fall back on the oldest defense, "Prove it." 

But, if they didn't do this to trap/discredit Coconut, why did they do it at all?  What did TSR have to gain by hacking Buggy's account?  I could see Shakeshaft being pissed and wanting to hack, because s/h/it was discovered, God Forbid.  But why would Thomas want to hack MTS2, simply for the purpose of doing a soft removal of Buggy's stuff and changing her profile to be pro paysite?   

Sorry, I don't mean to be defending TSR here, but I'm trying to see all sides, and if I were coming into this without the history behind the whole "Free vs. pay" that would be the first question I'd ask.  "What did TSR have to gain by hacking MTS2?"  Seeing that they knew about back ups, even they had to realize there was an excellent chance that Buggy's stuff wasn't gone, but would soon be restored.  So, they didn't really do any damage, all they did was create a mess for their own doorstep. Because deny all they want,  unless they have positive proof, some will always believe they did it. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: 2009 April 07, 17:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish we had proof that could not be disputed that TSR did it.  Until then, it's just speculation, unfortunately.  The evidence says it's more likely that it was them than it wasn't, but as long as there is doubt, TSR can fall back on the oldest defense, "Prove it." 

Well yes, but prove to who? The only ones who we can really go complain to is EA, since it's their terms who get broken by paysites, and EA clearly supports TSR.
So to who can we really go complain to if EA doesn't 'care' ?
Is there anything else left for us to do other than give TSR butt hurt my sharing? Wait for years for everyone to stop playing Sims aka buying their stuff?

I mean, it's as if TSR has a f*ing shied around their asses. Whatever they do(no matter how stupid and risky) nothing happens 'cause somebody is covering up their asses, majorly.
Though, if I was the man behind all this I'd fire Thomass's fatass asap for being so stupid like sharing personal info...

Seriously, you can't do things like that and get away with it as a 'rumor'. Something's very wrong.

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
Xanadu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2009 April 07, 17:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because they expect the Community to do it.  They even said that at least once during the Sims 3 Creators Camp. 

Idiots.  Wonder how they think they'll get away with that with Sims3...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2009 April 07, 18:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did they have to prove by doing it? Simply that they could and throw so much dust into the air to confuse things that the issue would get buried and left behind when a new atrocity comes along, I suppose.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: 2009 April 07, 18:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=717 - coconut's response to the TSR myths.

To put paid to another myth - coconut is NOT Shakeshaft, and not a thief or a hacker, peoples.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2009 April 07, 18:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes, but prove to who? The only ones who we can really go complain to is EA, since it's their terms who get broken by paysites, and EA clearly supports TSR.
So to who can we really go complain to if EA doesn't 'care' ?

This is exactly who we should be able to go to. If MTS2's long-ago inclusion of non-PG13 downloads is enough for their permanent exclusion from the fansite list, then TSR's morally bankrupt and sometimes-illegal behavior should be enough for EA to wash their hands of that site as well. No self-respecting company would knowingly affiliate themselves with a site that engages in that kind of behavior, especially when their official/public relationship begins and ends with "They're a good fansite. They've been around forever. We like them." Maybe they wouldn't make a big spectacle of it, but they'd at least quitely withdraw their support instead of taking extreme measures to defend them. Of course, EA's not a self-respecting company, so their reaction to this isn't even remotely surprising. Undecided

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #955 on: 2009 April 07, 18:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately since Thoma$$ is one of the Three Amigos that owns the company - hence if he is the one behind the hacking of Delphys server (what the fuck dude haven't you ever heard of computer etiquette- hacking other peoples servers is rude Huh and  illegal even if paysites were legal as in industrial espionage type crap, people have gone to the federal pen for hacking into someone elses server and not doing anything at all except looking at stuff)  he would have to fire his own a$$ and somehow I don't see that happening and EA won't do anything because they consider TSR's buttkissing/friendship/money as more valuable than the money that they earn off the backs of their real customers.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2009 April 07, 18:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and EA won't do anything because they consider TSR's buttkissing/friendship/money as more valuable than the money that they earn off the backs of their real customers.

This it the part I have to consciously avoid getting screaming mad about. (Because screaming, in this instance, just gets you silenced and I don't think it's healthy to let that kind of frustration fester.) It's one thing for EA to say they don't care if other people sell their stuff. I think it's wrong, just like I think that people who refuse to press charges when their adult children steal their stuff to support a drug habit are wrong, but in both cases it's ultimately none of my business. But this thing of banning anyone who dares to cast light on the abhorrent behaviour of TSR makes my blood boil. If I wasn't already boycotting EA, and encouraging other people to do the same, I definitely would be now!

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2009 April 07, 18:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yes, but EA probably gets a nice share of the amount of money from TSR's selling...
Which explains why they approve/stay silent on what TSR does.

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2009 April 07, 18:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either that or EA is run by a bigger bunch of idiots than even we give them credit for! I honestly don't know which theory I believe - they both seem equally plausible.

(Love your avatar, BTW.)

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: 2009 April 07, 19:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either that or EA is run by a bigger bunch of idiots than even we give them credit for! I honestly don't know which theory I believe - they both seem equally plausible.

(Love your avatar, BTW.)

Given the overwhelming lack of quality or innovation in the majority of their games (I am excluding Sims because it was created by Maxis and many of the old crew still work on it - though it to is borked and glitchy) in terms of boring repetitive, gltichy sports based games, repeats of RPG plots that have been rehashed over and over by the best video game companies (not EA), and movie based video games I say the likelihood of EA being run by a bunch of idiots is highly likely- as is proven by the sales of Nintendo's First Party Wii Games which are innovative, fun and non-glitchy/borked people don't want shit like that any more - and EA's attempt to provide fans with  new and innovative  e.g Sims 3 is just a re-hash of other simulation video games ideas and ideas they threw away for Sims 1 and 2 (hmm lets see farming - Harvest Moon, Collecting Shit- Animal Crossing, Sim Animals =Zoo Tycoon, ) Not that I won't buy it eventually used off of Ebay- just to see if it meets the hype - but EA still is not getting my money.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: