PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:54:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806862 times)
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #705 on: 2009 April 02, 15:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only game I have ever played has been The Sims. I don't own any other games, not much of a gamer I guess. I am not going to either buy nor ARR Sims3. Absolutely nothing about this new Sims venture holds any allure for me. Without the free CC made available on reputable sites, I would never have continued to even play this game.
With the economy the way it is, the price for Sims3 is beyond my means to purchase, but even if I could afford it, I still would not be buying it. (I wouldn't even waste my time ARRing it.)
TSR claims to have only a professional working relationship with EA...............yup, yup. Hookers have only professional working relationships with their clients too.
"Johan" made me LOL. Nothing like "taking the fifth" to excuse your lack of knowledge. As if I believed anything that moron had to say.
As a company, EA has treated their customers horribly. TSR follows suit and treats their subscribers just as bad.
As someone earlier said, I am also so tired of all the crap that is going on in this community. It's so terrible that honesty and integrity seem to be a relic of the past.

Buggybooze (sorry I probably got that wrong) deserves at the very least a public apology, but I am not naive enough to hold my breath in anticipation of such an event.

All this whining from TSR by TSR is just so tedious. All the twists they spin on their lies and subterfuge is tiring and old, very, very old. We all know there is no low too low for TSR. Sadly, nothing they do surprises or shocks me any more. I actually expect them to behave like this because it's their business motto.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
VayaSims
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: 2009 April 02, 15:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that i have to post this here. Huh
And i don't know that this is already posted here.

But the T$R has posted this "TSR: Accusations, Lies, Bullying? " at their site.
Here is the link to that page: http://www.thesimsresource.com/articles/myths

And MaxoidDrea has posted at the BBS an explain about the ELAU.
Here is the link to that post: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=17989d983b8aa06886b13273b94f2387&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23#edf2ebf5fe6f1e9b27776ad4e0169acc

(Sorry for the long links) Embarrassed

EDIT: The T$R is so stupid to post these things at their site and point their finger at the "Pirate" With the words "the pirates did this". Yea, right we know better T$R. Angry
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 15:51:13 by VayaSims » Logged

~ * Still Making the T$R Cry! ARRR * ~
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #707 on: 2009 April 02, 15:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So SimPE didn't run on a Mac with an emulator?

You could, but then you have to purchase the virtual program.  I use VMWare with XP and simpe opens fine, but the issue is you need to install games on the windows virtual to use the bulk of what simpe offers.  I had to arr the base game just to get object workshop to work, but then I copied the TSData folders over and point to them manually in simpe.  It was difficult to get it to do so, lots of checking boxes and restarting, and the thumbnails never showed.  Even though the thumbs folder is in the TSData folder.  It really was a giant pain.  The checkboxes didn't work properly to uncheck and make with a certain EP only.  Now I just have a full windows box.

The dot net program isn't compatible with macs.  But from my understanding Java is.  And I think trying to set up mono was way too hard for most people.  Me included.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: 2009 April 02, 15:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not a Mac expert as I operate on a PC but, depending on how old your Mac is , the emulators either do not work at all, or work poorly- I know my sisters last Powerbook she got re-furbed and she couldn't run the emulator on it in order to run Excel  before Office 2008 came out for Mac and she got a new computer.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2009 April 02, 16:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure that i have to post this here. Huh
And i don't know that this is already posted here.

But the T$R has posted this "TSR: Accusations, Lies, Bullying? " at their site.
Here is the link to that page: http://www.thesimsresource.com/articles/myths

And MaxoidDrea has posted at the BBS an explain about the ELAU.
Here is the link to that post: http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=17989d983b8aa06886b13273b94f2387&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23#edf2ebf5fe6f1e9b27776ad4e0169acc

(Sorry for the long links) Embarrassed

EDIT: The T$R is so stupid to post these things at their site and point their finger at the "Pirate" With the words "the pirates did this". Yea, right we know better T$R. Angry

Hey there--we have been actually discussing the TSR statement since yesterday and the BBS nonsense for quite some time! But thanks for the attempt ^-* I am sure there are places that don't know, so do continue to spread the info.

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2009 April 02, 16:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So SimPE didn't run on a Mac with an emulator?

Well it would if I had Windows or some kind of Windows emulation which I personally do not. The old Windows emulation programs (before the Intel chips) took up so much memory and everything ran at like a quarter speed. For playing games, it was near impossible to run anything. The only programs that ran at something near a normal speed were things like Word, Excel, Powerpoint.

I personally run everything on the Mac OS. I doubt I could even find a Window emulation program anymore. Thanks Huge Lunatic for explaining the Mac operations. And thanks Quorneater for listening.

Back to TSR....

I really hate their current smoke and mirrors to try and rest this issue away from the original point, the theft of Buggybooz's mesh and Shakeshaft's idiocy at having done so. I would really like to see 1) TSR remove the mesh 2) Publicly apologize to Buggy and 3) do as Buggy suggests with the money they have collected from it. But none of that will happen given TSR and their low morals.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: 2009 April 02, 17:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We got a brand new mac a while back and tried using Ubuntu, which is supposed to let you use all sorts of pc games, including things like wow and other mmos - we ended up taking it back because the emulator was too complex for us, computer geeks, to puzzle out.

Otherwise, it was a lovely system, but as much pc dependent stuff as we run, we needed to stick with pcs.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2009 April 02, 17:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dstar I hope you didn't think that my post after yours was in response to something you said, I started typing before you posted, I am back and forward at my pc as I am busy.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: 2009 April 02, 17:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No  I did not.I am busy to- that is unfortunately how things work unless one is in live chat,

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Chelsea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2009 April 02, 18:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back a couple pages, my first custom content site was ModTheSims2, and LianaSims2. Then GOS, and from GOS I learned about the booty...I very briefly heard about TSR but once I realized it was pay and that most of the CC was shitty...I didn't give it a second look. Then I realized that the a few of the awesome creators I downloaded stuff from were actually ex-TSR-ers. But yeah, to my point that I never even gave TSR a chance.

I can't understand how they think they could possibly get away with blaming it on BuggyBooz? Steve and Tom are just the biggest morons I've ever seen.

Number Two: They are mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Really? Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2009 April 02, 18:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going back a couple pages, my first custom content site was ModTheSims2, and LianaSims2. Then GOS, and from GOS I learned about the booty...I very briefly heard about TSR but once I realized it was pay and that most of the CC was shitty...I didn't give it a second look. Then I realized that the a few of the awesome creators I downloaded stuff from were actually ex-TSR-ers. But yeah, to my point that I never even gave TSR a chance.

I can't understand how they think they could possibly get away with blaming it on BuggyBooz? Steve and Tom are just the biggest morons I've ever seen.

See, my first downloading pages were MTS2 and TSR (don't know which one was first), I never really got involved in their communities and was just a grab the downloads and leave kinda person. I luckily never paid for a subscription, as I am to cheap to do that. Once, I ventured out into the community (I was looking for prettier Sims than all those photoskinned TSR shits), I realized how big this community was. It was very enlightening to me (even though my download folder considers it the time of utterly explosion).

Anyway, I am sorry, i am going back to this now, as I just thought about it. If you're a person like I was, just grab a few downloads and leave, wouldn't a statement like TSR made, make you nosy? I know, I would google the shit out of coconut and the pirates to make sense out of what they wrote. So, I wonder how many people will actually learn about all this from their little statement?

edited for clarification

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
Chelsea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2009 April 02, 18:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, my first downloading pages were MTS2 and TSR (don't know which one was first), I never really got involved in their communities and was just a grab the downloads and leave kinda person. I luckily never paid for a subscription, as I am to cheap to do that. Once, I ventured out into the community (I was looking for prettier Sims than all those photoskinned TSR shits), I realized how big this community was. It was very enlightening to me (even though my download folder considers it the time of utterly explosion).

Anyway, I am sorry, i am going back to this now, as I just thought about it. If you're a person like I was, just grab a few downloads and leave, wouldn't a statement like TSR made, make you nosy? I know, I would google the shit out of coconut and the pirates to make sense out of what they wrote. So, I wonder how many people will actually learn about all this from their little statement?

edited for clarification

Good point. Well, isn't that just like them to be stupid like that? They seem incapable of planning things out, and trying to see how other people think. They really are the most stupid, greedy, and self-absorbed assholes I think I've ever heard of.

Number Two: They are mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Really? Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2009 April 02, 18:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that screenshot that TSR tried to fake. DOT, you've failed again. Next time, take a class first.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2009 April 02, 18:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That statementwotsit was a lame attempt to annoy us and derail the discussion. From reading around other sites, its not fooled anyone and no one is convinced by it.

There has been no answers to question we were asking earlier..which is not much of a surprise, but to timewarp a bit and copy questions posted earlier, as food for thought  Wink

Changing Buggy's policy: What would a hacker gain from this and why would they even have an interest in changing her policy? Why 'yes to paysites and anything you want' if you were a mere hacker and not aware of the paysite issues and Buggys recent problem with a paysite? Means that they were knowledgeable of the community and of the issue, meaning if they are deep in the sims community or were informed by someone who is. Either way, they would have known peple would notice this, so wanted the attention and wanted the questions...

Time frame: If a hacker had access to that amount of information, why use it over 3 months after gaining it? Why use it only on two accounts (Buggy, and Hamilthomas)?

Subscriber accounts: Why were only these accounts affected? Why were they so easy to breach? Does that mean all admin staff have access to subscriber account passwords, and other details? Why were subscribers not told that their details may have been yoinked? Why have they still not been told?

FA accounts: Why have they changed the story to only FA accounts being effected? Why was Buggy's password yoinked then? Why was (as it appears to be) Sinthe's password yoinked then?

Also, has anyone posted this recent Delphy post from S2C?

We have multiple sites coming forward with different logs of IPs and accusations and allegations flying around all over the place.

I think it's clear that *something* went on and there has been various concerted attacks on multiple sites over the past few months. We need to basically share as much details as possible to try and figure out who is behind this and then take things from there.

While I am no longer convinced this was a specific TSR sanctioned action, I do believe that it stems from the entire situation regarding the stolen content, since this seems to act as the catalyst for events occuring recently. I think that more investigation is definatly warrented and we are conducting these inquests over on PMBD. I will be sharing any such details over there, but until we have a clear chain of events of what happened, in which order, and by who, I am refraining from pointing any more fingers at people. Let's have cool heads and try and work through this.

(Oh and yes, I am perfectly aware that I'll probably be accused of being bullied or believing "lies" or whatever, but my position through this has always been to find out *who* did this and to collect as much evidence as possible so that we can get to the truth, no matter who or where that leads us).

Regards
Delphy

So there is obviously more drama to this then first meets the eye - and there is quite a lot of drama to begin with. Delphy was very sure in his opinion on this initially, and must have taken this new stance from evidence he has since seen, so I hope he enlightens the rest of us as to what is going on. Looks complicated.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2009 April 02, 18:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, my eyes are rolling so hard right now that I think they're gonna fall out, but someone does believe that load of codswallop, Jojoba. One of the teens on InSIM said she was going to check it all out for herself and read their side of the story. She got suckered in and now she's stamping around saying that if TSR gets taken down, she is never ever going to come back there again. My thing is, she didn't bother coming over here to see all that has passed in the history of this shit. She only went to one source. That bothers me, because she doesn't seem such a bad kid, but if she turns into a troll for them... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I really hate Thomas and company right not, I honestly do.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: