PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 17:47:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816039 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #630 on: 2009 April 01, 23:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: CatOfWar
I don't understand why she didn't just lock it or delete it.  Dare I hope they've seen the futility of that?

I couldn't explain it either. Maybe she had an epiphany and realized that you can only ban so many of your customers before, you know, there aren't any left to ban. There's also a slim chance she got laid last night and came to work today in an especially chipper mood. Who's to say really? 

When you're dealing with a compromised maxoid anything is possible, I guess.
fleurcreole
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2009 April 01, 23:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As much as I hate TSR, the whole "we want our creations removed" part would need something better than "we changed our minds". So If I signed a contract then the next day I decided I wanted out, I'd be stupid to believe that the contract would be annulled immediately. That is the whole point of having a contract! However if the creators knew ( and not just thought; that is a shitty legal defense, then again what's legitimacy when it comes to TSR?) as in they were told by TSR, that their creations were going to be removed then by all means, do ignore my rambling.

I couldn't explain it either. Maybe she had an epiphany and realized that you can only ban so many of your customers before, you know, there aren't any left to ban. There's also a slim chance she got laid last night and came to work today in an especially chipper mood. Who's to say really?
My money's on the second. Have we got any takers?

I don't get it. How can TSR still have so many subscribers? It's like they never venture outside of the "safe" haven of TSR and the BBS.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2009 April 01, 23:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently in BBS speak "keep it sims related" means "don't talk negatively about TSR as they are making my car payments".
I don't understand why she didn't just lock it or delete it.  Dare I hope they've seen the futility of that?

edit: Or is it okay because it's a link to TSR lies?  The post itself is critical of TSR, but the link is to TSR spewage.  Maybe that's why it's not stomped?

Well they are not squashing (yet) but they sure are deleting comments-they just deleted the last post a few secs ago http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/siberiansunset/afd3.jpg but mine's still there..(..under the radar somehow? (*(fake)agreeing with it I suppose??)..) hmm how convenient they deleted the one referring to this site...
« Last Edit: 2009 April 01, 23:57:45 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
ShadySentinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2009 April 01, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the BBS thread is a stealth thread.  What I meant was, let's not draw the EAxoids attention to the thread by posting the link here, since they do read stuff here.  I could just be overly paranoid though.

I saw a BBS thread yesterday by someone asking what TSR was.  They had heard lots about it and wanted to know what the commotion was about.  Many people answered, and they were in agreement with what's stated in these forums.  So yay!
...Should I remove the link?  Shocked

I caught Hydra's veiled threat.

Apparently in BBS speak "keep it sims related" means "don't talk negatively about TSR as they are making my car payments".

Sad twat.
As much as I agree that Hydra is indeed a twat, I think she really was referring to the second poster talking about pranking her sons. Or whatever she did.

Blowing shit up is easy. Being politically correct is a pain in the ass.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2009 April 01, 23:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As much as I hate TSR, the whole "we want our creations removed" part would need something better than "we changed our minds". So If I signed a contract then the next day I decided I wanted out, I'd be stupid to believe that the contract would be annulled immediately.

How about this.  The TSR contract doesn't allow the creator to have any say.  TSR and EA bray "respect creators wishes!" but the TSR contract says a creator's wishes don't matter, TSR gets to keep the creator's work forever and use it in any way they please, regardless of any wishes the creator may have.

(edited to remove my double post)
...Should I remove the link?  Shocked
I thought of removing the link, but then saw Hydra's comment in the thread.  She knows about it.  She's removing specific comments.  So no, wouldn't help.  Ignore silly Cat.  Silly Cat is silly.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2009 April 01, 23:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get it. How can TSR still have so many subscribers? It's like they never venture outside of the "safe" haven of TSR and the BBS.

There's that, but also, there are people who think anyone who causes conflict is bad. Therefore the people who are making fusses are the problem. This is a very common theme every activist group I've ever read about has had to contend with. It's a bit worse here because it's "just a game", and people who get angry about anything connected to it are supposedly the ones who are doing something wrong. Besides, aren't those nasty pirates big ol' meany heads? And led by Pescado, who may in fact be the devil himself?

Just a few things I've seen in the past two days on other websites: it's just a game! There are two sides to every story! Both sides have done bad things, and no one can really tell who's wrong! (That's a big one.) Pirates are childish and want free stuff! I love TSR and have friends there and nothing will make me leave! I hate this drama! Why can't we all get along -- it's the pirates' fault that we're not getting along! People just hate TSR for no reason, they're jealous, they're mean! Pescado hurts people and is a meany-head and a hacker!

I'm really fucking sick of the Sims community right now.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: 2009 April 01, 23:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most creators that have left TSR because of lack of control or creative rights over what they make have free sites where they post all their TSR stuff - or they immediately x-post at Mod the Sims and other free sites- this way the same content is available for free to a savvy user.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2009 April 01, 23:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neriana pointed out several reasons good reasons.  My husband thought of another one.  Some people think if you attack something they like, you are attacking them.  If they think you are attacking a game they like, you're attacking them for liking the game, or calling them stupid because they bought it.  They get angry and can't see that this is not about the game nor is it a personal attack against them.  Angry people don't listen well.

fleurcreole
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2009 April 02, 00:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about this.  The TSR contract doesn't allow the creator to have any say.  TSR and EA bray "respect creators wishes!" but the TSR contract says a creator's wishes don't matter, TSR gets to keep the creator's work forever and use it in any way they please, regardless of any wishes the creator may have.

As much as I feel bad for those creators, they should not have signed period. Saying that you didn't know what the contract entails is not a defense. Read the fine lines! Yes I am aware TSR is violating many rules right now but my post was about the contract itself and the whole changing sides defense. Okay, say the contract is illegal but don't act as if you did not sign over your creations to TSR at some point. I just want to make sure there are no loopholes for TSR trolls to exploit.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: 2009 April 02, 00:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The biggest one I'm hearing is - I am not part of that community so it doesn't affect me- Yes it does- unethical business practices affect everyone - I don't drive- but do high gas prices affect me- yeah they do cause I have to pay more for public transportation- Given the number of free site shut downs instigated by TSR and associates - it does affect the Sims Community even if they don't download from TSR, post on the official BBS, belong to the Booty, GOS, Insim, MATY, Mod the Sims or any of the other sites where the community is p'od about this stuff- because  if you are hanging out in one of the sites that is on the fence about this - they are the ones that TSR goes after the creators on ,and they are the sites that get shut down if if the site owner is willing to willing to kiss their ass against the creators wishes- RSF need I say more- So it affects everyone - I wish people would get over the attitude that things don't affect them or that if they aren't involved it is not their problem- I pointed out to someone on LJ that
If TSR gets away with Shady dealings it could be LJ or any other site or comm next. And even if they are not guilty of what they are currently accused of (and though I don't believe it for a minute I am going to wait for Pescado and Delphy to track all the shit down and put their case together) they have been guilty of shit in the past and if people are afraid their pretty (not ) downloads will go away - even now with S3 on the horizon there are more free sites with pretty stuff than pay.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 00:10:22 by dstar » Logged

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2009 April 02, 00:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As much as I hate TSR, the whole "we want our creations removed" part would need something better than "we changed our minds". So If I signed a contract then the next day I decided I wanted out, I'd be stupid to believe that the contract would be annulled immediately. That is the whole point of having a contract! However if the creators knew ( and not just thought; that is a shitty legal defense, then again what's legitimacy when it comes to TSR?) as in they were told by TSR, that their creations were going to be removed then by all means, do ignore my rambling.

Ah, but if that whole statement is to be taken as the gospel truth, it doesn't state that I am not allowed to change policy, does it?  It says my wishes "should" be respected.  I want my stuff removed.  Those are my wishes.  Yes, I did agree that when I uploaded my stuff that they then "owned" it, but c'mon, that's just like their EULA, isn't it?  It doesn't really have to be respected, does it?  What matters is the artists wishes.  

It's another example of how TSR tries to have their cake, eat it, and own the bakery.   They want us to follow their rules to the letter, but feel free to mess with anyone else.   I want my stuff removed and others do too.  If they really wanted to respect the artists wishes, they'd remove it, just to show that they are the good guys, and not the bullies they accuse us of being.  

In truth, as much as I'd love them to remove my stuff, I don't for a moment believe they will.  I am going to continue to bitch until they remove my minisite  because it is in the rule that you can have your account cancelled.  A cancelled account should mean your page is gone.  As it is now, people could still send me PM's or write in my GB, and I can't do anything about it.  It's MY name and my information (at least what I claimed it to be) they have no right to keep that posted up on their site.  But they won't do it, because they're so not bullies,  that they take some strange pride in keeping it up, I guess.  If it were me, I'd have gotten rid of it ages ago.  Who wants the mini site of someone who openly and cheerfully is against you, on your page?  Seems a little weird to me.  But, I think they're going, 'As long as it pisses her off, we'll show her! We'll fix her little red wagon but good!"  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Chelsea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2009 April 02, 00:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does TSR realize that when their FA's pirate another creator's things, that they are actually pirates?

And I really just think Hydra is a moron, and didn't click on the TSR link, assuming it was a real joke that TSR was pulling.

Remember kids, he/she/it isn't that bright. If it was, it wouldn't be a moderator on the BBS.

Number Two: They are mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Really? Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.
ShadySentinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2009 April 02, 00:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit: Or is it okay because it's a link to TSR lies?  The post itself is critical of TSR, but the link is to TSR spewage.  Maybe that's why it's not stomped?

Well they are not squashing (yet) but they sure are deleting comments-they just deleted the last post a few secs ago http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/siberiansunset/afd3.jpg but mine's still there..(..under the radar somehow? (*(fake)agreeing with it I suppose??)..) hmm how convenient they deleted the one referring to this site...
I saw that cartoon earlier today and just went back to peek and see what you said but I still laugh my ass off everytime. *sigh*
If we ever succeed at getting TSR to shut down we'll have less to laugh at. Sad. Cheesy

Blowing shit up is easy. Being politically correct is a pain in the ass.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: 2009 April 02, 00:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately not- they have money and will probably come back with another site and spew more shite all over the place.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2009 April 02, 00:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: neriana
I'm really fucking sick of the Sims community right now.

I do understand that what you're saying, that there is some resistance to change out there. But, at the same time, resentment towards TSR has never been more palpable within the simming community. At one time in this community, talking negatively about a site like TSR (or the individuals who chose to be involved with it) would have brought down fire and brimstone on anyone who'd dared. If you did, you did it quietly or else you just kept it to yourself. That's changed a lot. And it's continuing to change. There are a lot of reasons for it, but aside from the work of Pescado, PMBD and, of course, coconut, I suspect another big reason is cultural. The flagging world economy is making many people angry and less likely to put up with bullshit from corrupt businesses. The whole greed-is-good mentality that permeated the business world for so long now has a spot light on it and is under serious scrutiny. Not even a pissy little company like TSR is exempt from what's happening on a global level.

So I wouldn't get too disheartened by any residual negativity, neriana. The way I see it, the whiners will either have to change and adapt or else be consigned to the past.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: