PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:52:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5278 Members
Latest Member: tiredsleepies
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 801603 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2700 on: 2010 January 16, 13:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grah is the IRC where many of these quotes are stolen from, because I do not deign to use something stupid like Twitter. I mean, why would I? The basic, fundamental logic which would justify such a thing simply doesn't exist: I already have a website, so why would I need or trust some third party site?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: 2010 January 16, 15:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who's Glinda?  And are there ruby slippers and bubbles involved?

Glinda is a nickname that Pes uses when he speaks of Rohina. Have you heard Rohina's voice? She sounds just like Glinda.

I've noticed Rohina on MATY.  Not attracting Rohina's notice is a hobby of mine.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: 2010 January 17, 00:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the heck is grah?

Lol!!  Or are you just being dismissive?

Seriously. I've read some things about it here and on MATY but generally I haven't delved into the history of what grah was. I didn't have to go there, so I didn't bother.

Grah is the IRC

AHH! Now I understand why Cala was so against it back then.

because I do not deign to use something stupid like Twitter. I mean, why would I? The basic, fundamental logic which would justify such a thing simply doesn't exist: I already have a website, so why would I need or trust some third party site?

The same reason you have two forums. Because you can. Wink Either way I still find the twitter I found to be rather amusing, irregardless as to whether or not you want to admit it's yours. If it's not though, I think someone out there might be your perfect soul mate.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: 2010 January 17, 09:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone out there might be your perfect soul mate.

There's a queue.   But come armed with a pin, to disarm your encumbant rival.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: 2010 January 17, 14:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also recommend some Rad-X and a couple of Stimpaks just to be safe. I hear the vault can get a bit um, messy.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: 2010 January 17, 14:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also recommend some Rad-X and a couple of Stimpaks just to be safe. I hear the vault can get a bit um, messy.

Right because the ability to disembowel your opponent is a necessary one to be Pescado's mate.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: 2010 January 18, 00:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sapphire sims has a problem with people pretending to be an admin and sending members emails with links in them.

http://www.sapphiresims2.com/showthread.php?threadid=39258

I don't know what the nature of these emails are, but I think it could be an attempt to install a keylogger, or to get passwords for Sapphire Sims. Could be they're after harvesting personal information from members of that site or something, so it could be some random asshole.
But as Sapphire sims is on Delphy's server and is using some edited version of forum software, I assume the site would be hard to hack. A script kiddie would simply move on to something else. So we could have some desperate data farmer, or we have another impending account theft on a sim site in the works.

I wonder if Pescado is interrested in checking out those emails, and see what's behind the links in them. Keylogger?
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2707 on: 2010 January 18, 00:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the URL's on www.mywot.com and see if they are targeted or random. This seems like regular netwar crap to me, but Pescado is the genius so I'll leave it up to him to come to the decision.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: 2010 January 18, 00:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like phishing spam to me. It's quite common and nothing to be worried about.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2709 on: 2010 January 18, 04:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to that thread: What is with the 50 images in everybody's signature - thats ridiculous!

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2710 on: 2010 January 18, 06:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lady_Admin is spam not targeted at Sims sites and I highly doubt TSR has anything to do with it.  I am a member on another forum for a FPS game and the members there also got this email from that same username.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: 2010 January 18, 07:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's what I said. This is just spam.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: 2010 January 18, 17:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to that thread: What is with the 50 images in everybody's signature - thats ridiculous!

Seriously. It looks like an old ladies tattoo convention in there.
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: 2010 January 22, 16:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's an option (or there should be, for god's sake) to disable signatures from the posts you read. GOS has that-I don't know if SS does. It would make more sense, because that site lags so badly with all the shiny signatures and emblems. Like who the fuck cares what group you belong to? What are you, a Russian general?
"The Sparkly Ladies Forum" is what I call it. Eye-blinding, too. That's why I avoid it most of the time.
But I must admit that some of the side-bar graphics are nice.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: 2010 January 24, 17:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am now wondering whether there has been a further release to FAs of people's email details - TSR Workshop users this time.

To precis:

[17:19] <Murano> Inge, I want to get some things straight with you. I'm going to start first with those emails we (FA Panel = Thomas, CSue, Anoeska and me) are sending out to external sites. We simply ask in a friendly manner for a credit and link back to the tool they can use free of charge. I don't see what's wrong with this.
[17:30] <Inge> See this is another example of TSR using their FAs as if they were admins
[17:31] <Inge> Don't you see, this means another lot of people have JUST HAD THEIR CONTACT DETAILS REVEALED TO CREATORS
[17:34] <Murano> ?? Usually sites have their contact details somewhere
[17:34] <Inge> well did all your emails go to creators who had their email details on their sites?
[17:35] <Murano> Sure, how would we relate a user with a site anyway?
[17:35] <Murano> Those with no contact details we didn't do anything about it

Ok so it's up to the reader what to make of this.  But it makes me wonder.   And in any case what business is it of FAs to worry about the EULA of a tool they don't own?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: