PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:40:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807142 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1830 on: 2009 August 03, 14:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good grief - I wish I had the -time- to do something that nasty, if I did I could use it to do something useful instead, like learn how to mesh for sims 3, or end world hunger.

And yes, The Pirate Bay is still in Sweden - the big problem is, the RIAA has a ton of money to throw at something while we don't have much.  Granted, Sweden has a reputation of being reasonable and fair, but everyone can have bad apples [*looks in the general direction of Thoma$$ and co.]

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2009 August 03, 19:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, SoggyFox, but you see, The Pirate Bay case was all about copyright and that's an absolutely different story than cybercrimes. Cybercrimes aren't a pay-to-sue offence, they're criminal, they get pursued by simply being done. Federal authorities take care of it, you don't have to pay a cent. You weren't be sueing them through a lawyer, the charges after having sufficient evidence gathered, would be pressed by a prosecutor.

So maybe it's finally time, to take all the trash we have gathered on TSR from our safes and use it? Doesn't cost anything and the effects might bring so much joy... Grin
Lock
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2009 August 04, 05:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, SoggyFox, but you see, The Pirate Bay case was all about copyright and that's an absolutely different story than cybercrimes. Cybercrimes aren't a pay-to-sue offence, they're criminal, they get pursued by simply being done. Federal authorities take care of it, you don't have to pay a cent. You weren't be sueing them through a lawyer, the charges after having sufficient evidence gathered, would be pressed by a prosecutor.

So maybe it's finally time, to take all the trash we have gathered on TSR from our safes and use it? Doesn't cost anything and the effects might bring so much joy... Grin

I thought that if a criminal suit failed, the affected parties could try a civil suit? Pardon me if that's irrelevant.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2009 August 04, 15:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that if a criminal suit failed, the affected parties could try a civil suit? Pardon me if that's irrelevant.

Nope. The owners of the Pirate Bay were sentenced to one year in jail, and pay a very large sum of money. That was the first suit against them to actually stick to them, because there were tons of lawsuits against them, but they always got out of it. Last I read someone over in Sweden was going to purchase the Pirate Bay and make it a pay service.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Myriam
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2009 August 04, 18:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy shit...I've been away far too long.  I'm still on page six and reading.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2009 August 09, 04:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, does this TSR pattern look an awful lot like this same apple pattern on MTS, with just the hues adjusted? Is there anyway we could open them up to check an similarities?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1836 on: 2009 August 09, 04:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does, but doesn't necessarily mean anything - most patterns I think are done using tileable textures online.  Also, the one looks slightly larger than the other to me.

www.thestormradio.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: 2009 August 09, 04:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its hard to tell looking at the pictures. Looking at the pictures alone it looks like the TSR one is based off of the MTS one, with some edits, such as leaves added to some apples that didn't have them and leaves taken off apples that had them, and the pattern changed. But I would have to see both of them in game to see for sure.

As for opening them up, the only way I know of would be to look at the image in a program that makes patterns, such as Delphy's or TSR's workshop, or look at them side by side in game. Other then that, I don't know any way to check. There may be a way, because I'm not really in the know that much about what tools are out there and what all they can do.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2009 August 09, 06:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We could ask Purplepaws if she handpainted the apples or used a tiling pattern she found online.  If she handpainted, then the TSR pattern is most likely a ripoff.

edit: From Purplepaws' thread
"The other three I had to make seamless myself and then retrace for the highest quality possible."
So it's at least partly hand-made, if not wholly.

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1839 on: 2009 August 09, 14:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed other by patterns by Apple that look like ripoffs too a few weeks ago. 

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1840 on: 2009 August 09, 15:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'll admit that making a pattern from an existing texture is a right pain in the arse.  I'm just saying that its hard to say in this case.  However, if it looks like the TSR person has used other textures from people as well....

My newer patterns were all hand painted, its just I've not had to the time to resubmit them or anything - not even really play the game.  Besides, I'm far more interested in meshing when I do get the time.

www.thestormradio.com
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2009 August 09, 18:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what Purplepaws had to say, after looking at both patterns.

"Well, I took a look at their pattern, and though it's very similar, there are enough differences in it to lead me to believe they just used the same source image. Mine's a bit more horizontally stretched, for one thing. And though we both made use of four color palettes, they appear to have assigned them differently (two colors for the apples and one for the stems, whereas I kept the stem color static to make room for the third apple color)."

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2009 August 09, 23:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity, does this TSR pattern look an awful lot like this same apple pattern on MTS, with just the hues adjusted? Is there anyway we could open them up to check an similarities?
It seems rather common, here's what I found on simcredible designs:

Link: http://sims3.simcredibledesigns.com/dl/htmlspatts/patts1.html

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2009 August 10, 01:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad that purplepaws had a chance to look and rule out theft. I just wasn't sure since they did look different, but also a little too similar.

It seems rather common, here's what I found on simcredible designs:
*snip*
Link: http://sims3.simcredibledesigns.com/dl/htmlspatts/patts1.html

Ohh I like that pattern! Thanks for pointing it out.

Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1844 on: 2009 August 10, 01:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a current quilting fabric pattern
http://warmbiscuit.com/green-blue-apples-fabric.html
I've used variants of it myself.
http://www.naturalsims.com/sims2/previews/zdresses2.jpg

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: