PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:46:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816050 times)
Blueblood
Landlubber

Now with 100% moar Steampunk.

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1545 on: 2009 June 02, 18:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Atavera retire? I don't recall that he or she ever came back, either. o.O
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: 2009 June 02, 19:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Scratches head*  Has anyone seen if Delphy has confirmed/denied his help?   I'm really curious about that.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: 2009 June 02, 20:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, Inge has always played both sides.  She can't decide where her loyalties lie, and changes her mind due to fluctuations in barometric pressure or something.  I'm grateful to her for the mods she's created, but I don't trust her at all.

I trust Inge to put out interesting mods that work, and fix them if they don't. The only big Sims modder I trust as a human being is twojeffs.

(By the way, I love the "it was decided" part of her post. Beautiful.)

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: 2009 June 02, 21:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Scratches head*  Has anyone seen if Delphy has confirmed/denied his help?   I'm really curious about that.

I'd say expect the worst. It's becoming apparent that just about everyone is attempting to secure a comfortable position for the coming New Sims Community Order.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: 2009 June 02, 21:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but I have an incredibly ominous feeling about the Sims community after reading Coconut's latest. Maybe it's the fact that I absolutely HATE The Sims 3. Or maybe it's the fact that I hate The Sims Resource. Or maybe it's the fact that there's flouncing going on.

Or maybe it's all of the above. At any rate, I see Armageddon occurring to the Sims community. Fatalism, FTW! Cheesy

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: 2009 June 02, 21:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say expect the worst. It's becoming apparent that just about everyone is attempting to secure a comfortable position for the coming New Sims Community Order.

Yeah, I'll reserve making too much comment until the truth is known.  But, if it is true, I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with the community.  It seems sometimes like the more nasty TSR becomes, the more they can influence others to do their bidding.  Undecided

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: 2009 June 03, 01:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Darqstar
...I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with the community. It seems sometimes like the more nasty TSR becomes, the more they can influence others to do their bidding.

Thomass has the ability to tell people what they want hear when they need to hear it. He can expertly manipulate.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 2009 June 03, 06:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, Thomass is one of those people that believes the sun shines out of his arsehole and is able to convince the rest of the world that this is so. What they do not see, however, is that the sun shining out of said orifice has, in fact, cauterized it shut and he's filling up with shit at an alarming rate. If this keeps up for much longer, I do see a shit storm on the horizon. I advise everyone to carry an umbrella and to wear oilskins and hip waders, it's going to get very deep by the time it's over. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: 2009 June 03, 12:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to clarify what I said about Inge.  I can understand the curiosity and the drive to solve problems that would drive a skilled modder to work on TS3 with TSR.  The work itself isn't political, it's an opportunity to work collaboratively with other bright people, which is both a challenge and a pleasure.  But what concerns me is that Inge has been coy about her participation and her relationship to TSR.  If things were done in the spirit of "free scientific inquiry", then why not just say that?  Why hint around the issue for weeks?  months?  I think she only clarified her position when she was "outed."

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 2009 June 03, 13:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to clarify what I said about Inge.  I can understand the curiosity and the drive to solve problems that would drive a skilled modder to work on TS3 with TSR.  The work itself isn't political,

Unfortunately, TSR has made everything involving them, political.

it's an opportunity to work collaboratively with other bright people, which is both a challenge and a pleasure. 

Really?  I can't imagine any project involving TSR to be a pleasure.

But what concerns me is that Inge has been coy about her participation and her relationship to TSR.  If things were done in the spirit of "free scientific inquiry", then why not just say that?  Why hint around the issue for weeks?  months?  I think she only clarified her position when she was "outed."

I don't know Inge enough to judge, but just hearing this it sounds like she is trying to be on both sides. 

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 2009 June 03, 14:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her damn tea cozy is too tight. I like Inge, for the most part, but sometimes she's just too wibbly wobbly when it comes to where her loyalty to anyone but herself actually is.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: 2009 June 03, 19:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know Inge enough to judge, but just hearing this it sounds like she is trying to be on both sides.  

She does that. No matter how many "sides" there are, Inge will somehow end up in a pretty good spot with all of them. It's kind of an impressive thing to watch.

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1557 on: 2009 June 03, 23:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is being forced to play nice.  I don't believe that they've suddenly gone sunshine or rainbows or anything--but I think they have realized that if they do want to fail, they have to make it look like their playing nice with the community.  They can't give coconut any more ammunition.  So even if their doing to it to make money, I suspect there will be less dramaz coming out of TSR.

However, it looks like coconut may have got this one slightly wrong...I expected TSR to be out of the gate with all sorts of downloads for TS3.  Instead...there's just a placeholder.  Meanwhile, MTS already has a few downloads including some new textures and a tutorial on how to do them.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 2009 June 04, 16:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's very satisfying to see that the free community is uploading lots of stuff not only at MTS, but also GOS and MATY. There's a rumor that HP from MTS is working on default replacement skintones and Wes H. is almost ready with a mesh tool.

TSR fails yet again.
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1559 on: 2009 June 04, 16:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR fails yet again.

Made more hilarious by the fact they *allegedly* had a 6 month head start  Cheesy

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: