PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:29:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 817923 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1530 on: 2009 June 02, 05:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incoming BFBVFS.

Cheesy

Coconut updates again....
http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=791
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 06:00:28 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 2009 June 02, 06:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing as how coconut has been SPOT-FUCKING-ON concerning all of TSR's shady activities in the past, I'll continue to believe her. It's seriously chilling to think that Thomass and Steve are capable of using their own FAs as guinea pigs for the new flavor of evil they're about to unleash.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 2009 June 02, 07:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless someone else is more directly involved than I am personally aware, what is happening is that some of us have had access to a collection of files from the game, not all from the same source, and not the entire game by any means, for a while.  We have been pulling apart and analysing these files in order to learn how they can be edited by custom tools.  Seperately, TSR have been doing the same for a while too, with a different collection of files.

Recently it was decided to swap information we have found out, to facilitate toolmaking in general.

To the best of my personal knowledge, no one in my group of file analysis associates is working on the tool TSR are making, and vice versa, beyond answering an occasional technical question and sharing a file extension convention (standardisation for the convenience of users).   Even within our own analysis group, we are all working on our individual and unrelated tools.

The whole thing has been kept very secret until recently because we were worried EA might change all the package formats - or some other such fiendery - if they found out we knew the existing ones.

This is what Inge just posted over at MATY about working on the tool and that.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1533 on: 2009 June 02, 07:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly it is all just smoke and mirrors at TSR- even if free mod and hack creators do give them advice there will be a lost communication connection in there and anything that JFade, Inge, Pete and the rest of the free community tell them will be lost somewhere in between Thoma$$'s ears and his a$$ - Probably disrupted by his thoughts of " lets fuck computer people over for more money. Not to mention that what Steve and Johan know about  programming, Java, xtml and html other than where the on button is seems to be learned from  Wikipedia- (this is probable since their site's design, set up and maintenance sucks donkey dong - I mean dung). Realistically Inge and Jfade can give all the advice they want to but frankly it is probably going into Thoma$$'s ears and out his a$$ - And Inge and Jfade know it and are holding on to whatever tools they have created until T$R falls flat on their a$$- Frankly I did without CC for most of the time I have played Sims at all- I can deal without pretty new shinies not a problem- and Pescado is stubborn and will find a way to get fixes for what EA borked  into the game on his own- So if it comes down to using Thoma$$'s " Tool"  I will do without thanks - I'll just keep creating for Sims 2 and won't download at any site with TS3 content that uses T$R's " Tool" and that includes Sims 2 Items and Objects.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 08:42:01 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1534 on: 2009 June 02, 07:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thoma$$'s " Tool"

This just sounds so wrong Cheesy *trys to get mind outta the gutter*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1535 on: 2009 June 02, 07:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was semi-intentional

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 2009 June 02, 07:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Said it before and I'll say it again. The only tool there IS Thomas.  Tongue
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1537 on: 2009 June 02, 07:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Said it before and I'll say it again. The only tool there IS Thomas.  Tongue

If i dream about ThomASSes tool tonight its all yours & Markus's fault Dstar Grin

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1538 on: 2009 June 02, 07:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see how any hack, mod or program creators from the free community could be helping with their non-existent, borked etc program as tech advisors anyways- it would end up having to be advice at a lower level than a DOT tutorial. The only Mod/Hack/Programmers they have over there are Johan and Steve who have never to my knowledge created anything, JFade who Pescado already said was not capable of something as intensive as SimPe,  Rose-maman and the NinthWave who create crappy defaults(and age conversions that overwrite the normal clothing category which is not supposed to happen), and Anoeska (since Windkeeper no longer creates)  and she only create extra deco slots and OMSP's. TSR is not like MTS where Delphy has at least himself and Numenor  (and occasionally Pescado and Lord Darcy )  on site capable of creating something slightly more complex than a default or an OMSP - They have no one capable of much of anything at all. That is why their site is crap, runs like crap, and half their shit doesn't work (that and Thoma$$ spends all of this money on his second home instead of hiring people who know what the fuck they are doing to maintain his site)

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1539 on: 2009 June 02, 08:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what Inge just posted over at MATY about working on the tool and that.

Quote from: Igne
The whole thing has been kept very secret until recently because we were worried EA might change all the package formats - or some other such fiendery - if they found out we knew the existing ones.

This part just dosent make any sense. Oh yea like EA is going to recall all those discs that were sitting in warehouses waiting to be shipped because you all found out how package files work in ts3. Oh back to the drawing board, those damm modders in the sims community figured out our code Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 08:11:36 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1540 on: 2009 June 02, 08:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edited so it makes more sense

I would argue that it is not the exchange of information about what each group knows about the code that is the problem- Information is just that - information and I highly doubt that TSR would give any exclusive info to JFade, Inge or Pete anymore than they would give exclusive information about what they are working on to  TSR . With TSR it is an issue of the moneys after all they will try to charge for it eventually, or try to make it so you have to have a sub to DL- With the free modders who are working on things for S3 it is an issue of trust, while some modders are still far to trusting because of rlsps that go back to the Sims 1 days when all this shit was less (I am not saying a non-existent issue) of an issue, others do not trust TSR as far as they can throw them. Inge seems pretty cagey and I am sure that neither she nor Pete and definitely not Delphy would give any more info than was absolutely necessary .

« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 08:39:24 by dstar » Logged

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 2009 June 02, 11:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, Inge has always played both sides.  She can't decide where her loyalties lie, and changes her mind due to fluctuations in barometric pressure or something.  I'm grateful to her for the mods she's created, but I don't trust her at all.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1542 on: 2009 June 02, 12:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not saying i trust her- at this point i trust very few people- Definitely not EA and definitely not TSR and very few other people at this point - Honestly at this point I don't care if there is CC for Sims 3 even though i will have the game as of this afternoon, When this shit happened with Zoo Tycoon , I pretty much got frustrated and left the community and it is only a few people and the fact that I am not about to let TSR, and their crappy tools no matter who created them shit on my parade. And if Jfade, Delphy, Inge Pete and Numenor have worked on this happy assed so called tool for TSR- it will not be d/l'd by me until Pescado gets ahold of it and removes all of the trojans and spyware that TSR is likely to put into it after it leaves the hands of semi- trusted modders in the Free Community. It would be great if we could all get along with ponies and cookies and wittle fuzzy buninies but there is just to much shit and bitterness for that to happen even if asshole sites like TSR, Rose and Peggy all go completely free tomorrow and even if EA's new EULA says " We don't give a flying fuck what you do with our shit once it leaves the store, create crap don't create crap sell the crap you create, share it with others for free" Thoma$$ will still be an a$$ even if he was a freesite owner, and the crap and the hatred would still exist.

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 2009 June 02, 13:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah, it's pretty late in the game to trust TSR, whether they make "free" tools or not. (In quotes because there WILL be some sort of price. Roll Eyes ) Personally I'm not in play because I'm not getting Sims 3--I have no interest in goal-oriented games. But I still would like to see the end to TSR's current regime.

BTW, what happened with Zoo Tycoon?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1544 on: 2009 June 02, 14:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been awhile, Bill Gates is a bit of a hard ass when he comes to his games- We know this right? There was CC for Zoo Tycoon, but only for Tycoon 1 not Tycoon 2. "  Apparently "when paysites started popping up Gateswent the opposite way of EATSR and rather than kissing the asses of paysites and ignoring free sites as EA does- he essentially made it nearly impossible to mod, hack or create content for Zoo Tycoon 2 and pulled the typical Gatesian manoeuver and shut down all of the custom content fansites for Zoo Tycoon meaning essentially that there was no custom content for Zoo Tycoon 2- it really ticked a whole segment of the Zoo Tycoon community off not that that means much they have always had a much smaller fan base than Sims but a lot of people didn't go to 2 after that. I never saw any substantial proof for this e.g. official news or blogs, so it is all hearsay from fan forums but I would believe it as Gates has done that sort of thing before when there was something he wanted to suppress.
It was no where near as bad as the pay vs free debate for Sims- (no death threats against free community members) but I really learned not to trust mods/hacks/cc until I saw how well it did or did not work after that.

As per the price The Shit Resource will charge, both arms both legs and half your soul, I am getting TS3 but not paying full price, niece is paying for half (I didn't dare arr it my computer has suffered from BFBVS's before, causing me to replace, computer or large number or parts and I don't trust them after the problems other people have had- 60 dollars to corporate monster EA who performs unethical actions and supports theft, or 600 dollars to Dell, or PC company of your choice who use child labor in Asia/Africa/South America to build their computers- I have to pick my fights wisely here PC company of your choice gets a higher profit percentage from my purchase) - But will play vanilla until tools and content I can trust are released for the game. I plan to mostly stick with TS2, and create for TS2. The modder I really trust for annoyance and borked game fixes is Pescado anyways  so I would go to MATY for the broked game fixes anyways.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 14:47:05 by dstar » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: