PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:56:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 817162 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1515 on: 2009 June 01, 19:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm sure TSR will give you several choices. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1516 on: 2009 June 01, 20:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Love that!

Other than that, trusting that Thomass & Co. would do ANYTHING that's not in their own self-interest (which usually runs opposite of the what's in the best interest of the rest of the sims community) just doesn't seem wise.

I would have to agree with this statement. I know that coconut is only offering past incidents as a reason to be cautious, but TSR hasn't changed their tactics in a while, and so I think caution is wise here.  Of course, if people choose to throw caution to the wind, and then find out later they chose wrongly, they may not be able to take it all back. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1517 on: 2009 June 01, 21:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Cala and Snarky.  I might just wait until Pescado and the others get it sorted out. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2009 June 01, 21:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it too. I really like that the X is not click able, so you have to make a choice.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2009 June 02, 00:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Caught this link over at maty -

Bit-O-News From TSR

We are happy to report that our Workshop tool is progressing nicely. Much of the necessary research has been completed and we have begun the process of putting it all together and to make some magic happen. In an effort to speed things up and make sure the community gets to see custom objects in the game sooner rather then later, we have decided to make the backend part of this project open source. Together with the likes of Delphy, Inge_Jones, Peter L Jones, Echo, jfade, atavera, Mootilda and Karybdis (to name a few, others to follow) we will pool our knowledge together and solve the challenges ahead of us as a collaborating team. More updates to follow Smiley

What? Pescado wasn't invited to their tea party?
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1520 on: 2009 June 02, 00:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure Inge with her dislike of TSR is sooooo (not !) happy to be paired up with them in their little " Let us all work togever to makes the Sim Nation a happier wittle pwace with tea cakes and DOT lamps"

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2009 June 02, 01:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado already said they're using Jfade for his name, that the guy is totally in over his head and doesn't know much about what they're doing.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1522 on: 2009 June 02, 01:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think even TSR has any ideas what they are doing when it comes to developing CC tools.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2009 June 02, 03:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mootilda was just posting at MATY that s/he is not at all involved and that they are liars.  Nothing at all to do with TSR.  
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 03:42:28 by scrappysim » Logged

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2009 June 02, 03:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is one of the quotes from Mootilda at MATY.

Well, I do know that a number of people have been discussing tools.  You can see some of the results on Inge's site.  And I believe that at least one of the people involved in those discussions is from TSR.  But, that hardly makes us all collaborators on a TSR tool.  More like one TSR developer might be helping out with some free tools.

At this point, I'm not even sure that I want to get involved with modding TS3.  I've been following some of the discussions, but not contributing, so I know that my name shouldn't be on that list.  Which means that TSR are liars.  Note that I can't speak for anyone else on that list.

It looks to me like they are trying to get support for their tool by using my name without my knowledge or permission.

Earlier in the thread s/he claimed surprise at having seen the name on the list and said they must be "sleep-coding" then since they have no knowledge of it.

edited to clarify- there was another poster between my first and second post but it was deleted so now it looks like I double posted.  I have now idea what happened there but the poster had quoted me and I was responding to them. (while bringing info anyway)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: 2009 June 02, 03:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is one of the quotes from Mootilda at MATY.

Well, I do know that a number of people have been discussing tools.  You can see some of the results on Inge's site.  And I believe that at least one of the people involved in those discussions is from TSR.  But, that hardly makes us all collaborators on a TSR tool.  More like one TSR developer might be helping out with some free tools.

At this point, I'm not even sure that I want to get involved with modding TS3.  I've been following some of the discussions, but not contributing, so I know that my name shouldn't be on that list.  Which means that TSR are liars.  Note that I can't speak for anyone else on that list.

It looks to me like they are trying to get support for their tool by using my name without my knowledge or permission.

Earlier in the thread s/he claimed surprise at having seen the name on the list and said they must be "sleep-coding" then since they have no knowledge of it.

I would like to know how many other people's names they just threw out there (without their knowledge that is..) to sound more "credible"?

btw: Darqstar you are awesome ^-* I somehow managed not to spit out my coffee when I saw your pic o' choices!
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 04:08:13 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: 2009 June 02, 03:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: scrappysim
Mootilda was just posting at MATY that s/he is not at all involved and that they are liars.

Yeah, I just caught Mootilda's reaction to the news she was helping them out.  -  Cheesy So I guess TSR is caught in yet another lie (at least in Mootilda's case). No big surprise there.

Quote from: siberiansunset
I wonder how many others are unaware of their "involvement" with the "tool"? 

You're not alone, I'm sure. I'd wager many members of the free community would be interested to find that out.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1527 on: 2009 June 02, 04:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut's reply to Zazazu in the comments section...

REPLY: I can confirm that Inge is working on the tool, as she herself has posted about this on TSR and her own site. I also know Jfade and a couple of the others are in, quite willingly. I can also confirm that I have not seen any evidence that Mootilda is involved in any way. - Coconut

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: 2009 June 02, 04:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has generously decided to make some of it open source my faggot ass!

Inge at TSR
Let me know if there is any particular info you're missing, as it might be something Peter (my husband) has already discovered or coded. We might as well share info to some extent if relevant.

Oh I should add that his source is available at Sims3Tools which can be studied, but if you wish to use any of it you need to be aware it is gpl licenced which would require you to make your project open source also.

edit: and what WB said. ninja'd

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: 2009 June 02, 04:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incoming BFBVFS.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: