PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:31:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5278 Members
Latest Member: tiredsleepies
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)  (Read 863925 times)
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Look at what I made and om nom nom it! (Post your creations pt. 2)
« Reply #2895 on: 2010 April 29, 04:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I haz feedback/ideas/opinions please? For some reason I got it in my head to make a set based on stars. So.. well, here's what I have so far. The stars are done- except for the shadows which I'm not sure about. It's my first try at custom shadows. The bench and table are far from done and I'm not loving them yet.

There's also a star wall hanging that's not pictured. All the stars have 3 recolors and they're not as dull and boring as what's shown here.

eta: Pic of the wall hanging (which I AM loving) and some of the recolors of the others..to prove that I do have an imagination when it comes to choosing textures.. sometimes.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 29, 04:27:58 by mustluvcatz » Logged
JWong
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: 2010 April 29, 07:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like them MLC  Grin
I have been working on these 4 book meshes for about a week now the book pile in the middle are 2 meshes I just used an omsp to place a pile on top of the other. Today though I finally got around to slaving them to a Master Mesh I just couldn't see having almost 50 recolors(11 recolors for each mesh) taking up space.

Too often we lose sight of life\'s simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face for you to frown, But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that mother@#?!&! up side the head!
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2897 on: 2010 April 29, 18:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden and Witchboy, it would be just great if you would lend me some of your fabric textures. Thanks very much for your offers.  Smiley

The main issue about the fabric texture is that it must be either fairly easily tilable or big enough to cover a whole 3-tile cushion. That's why I'm having problems finding something in my own texture library that isn't just solid or my usual colonial/exotic style. I'm thinking it might be nice with something patterned for the cushions, although probably not too floral or at least modern/retro floral. Stripes and prints could also be good. But I'm really not at all sure what kind of style I want to go for - modern, shabby chic, retro, whatever - so I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Sizewise I'm using a 512x512 map and the fabric texture takes up most of that in height and just over half of that in width.

HugeLunatic over at TSR let me have some really good Maxis match wood textures for the bases, so I think I've got that covered now.

Mustluvcatz, that's another fun idea. I like the star scupltures - particularly the two on the right in the bottom picture. The bench is good too, although I don't particularly like the 'stars and stripes' theme. I'm not sure I understand the table, though. Is that just one table or are there two on top of each other? How about trying to make a tabletop that is made up by three, four or more stars - kind of like the wall hanging, but without the hole. A single star tabletop would be almost impossible to eat at. And one last thought: Using slightly rounded shapes for bench frame and table legs could soften up the 'angularity' of the star shapes.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: 2010 April 29, 19:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moune, I don't know if you saw over at MTS but I, too, have lots of textures. Paden gave me some of them but I do have a lot I found on my own and alot of them are 512x512. I have a set that's coordinating that I really like- it has checks, stripes and toile in red, pink, yellow, green, purple, black- um I think there's 2 blues. If you want those let me know and I'll get them to you.

The table? I HATE it. It's cloned from the Crazy 8 end table so it's not really meant to be ate on. (I think?) I was thinking the same thing about the bench frame. The polys right now are low so adding some roundedness won't hurt it. I haz another idea for the table....
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2899 on: 2010 April 29, 21:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mlc, yes, apologies for having left you out.  Smiley I did run quickly by MTS late last night, but I was about to hit the sack and didn't take time to reply. Earlier tonight I was on my way over there after posting here, but then the site was down for maintenance. And now it's a bit late, so I'll leave MTS until tomorrow.

But I did see those pretty fabrics you posted. The one with the green and brown leaves is fantastic and I had intended to try and see if I could tile that up. Will see if I can get around to that tomorrow instead. I'd love to try out your coordinating set - or even just one of the textures. Like I said I'm still a bit at sea with regards to how this set should look, and I think the best way to settle on a style is to keep trying different textures until it suddenly looks right. At least I hope.  Cheesy

Sorry to have misunderstood your table. Looking forward to seeing the new version. This could turn into quite an interesting theme.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2900 on: 2010 April 29, 21:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden and Witchboy, it would be just great if you would lend me some of your fabric textures. Thanks very much for your offers.  Smiley

Your most welcome hon! I'm in the process of upping more to my shared folder. I will PM you the link in a few hrs Smiley

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: 2010 April 29, 22:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.mediafire.com/?o0lwcwlonjg - Textures for Moune or anyone else who wants them.  Smiley I don't think any of them have been edited so they're seamless since I tend to edit as needed and not save. There are some that should tile pretty easily though.

eta: Forgot to mention what kinds of textures are in there. There's stripes, checks, toile, the leaf one and 2 more like it, some florals (ones that caught my eye along the way..not to frilly)...there's more than that. There's quite a few- and they're mostly .jpeg's around 500X500, some bigger, some a bit smaller.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 29, 23:23:04 by mustluvcatz » Logged
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2902 on: 2010 April 30, 04:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You for the share mustluvcatz Smiley

Moune, You have a PM Wink

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: