PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:03:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite  (Read 68028 times)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
« Reply #105 on: 2009 April 19, 02:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely agree. I have no problems with helping out sites or people helping out mine to cover server costs, but certainly not for anything else. Making CC should be first and foremost because you love the game and want to share that love with others.

edit - Sound like a right hippy going on about love!

Sad thing is there are paysite creators who no longer play the game, they just make content for it. And then don't test it out or have a care about poly counts.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 19, 04:08:05 by rum nate » Logged

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 April 19, 03:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a hair is retextured, does that lower the poly count in any way? Because pretty much all I dowload are redone hairs, and nothing has lagged the game for me. Yet.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 April 19, 08:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a hair is retextured, does that lower the poly count in any way? Because pretty much all I dowload are redone hairs, and nothing has lagged the game for me. Yet.
No, retexturing has nothing to do with the mesh (the shape).  Retexturing only changes the texture (the picture that's wrapped around the mesh).  The poly ccount tells you how many polygons are in the mesh.  More polys, more time to render, bigger burden on the CPU.  Only way to reduce the poly count is to modify the mesh.  MilkShape has a poly decimator, but I would NOT recommend using it on hair meshes, Juice or otherwise.  It's not a "smart" decimator and will utterly ruin the hair.  Easiest thing to do is just make meshes low poly in the first place, rather than try to reduce an existing high poly mesh.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 April 19, 08:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poly decimator? What does it do, randomly remove 10% of the polygons and fuse the rest over them?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 April 19, 09:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poly decimator? What does it do, randomly remove 10% of the polygons and fuse the rest over them?

Poly decimators attempt to merge small groups of contiguous polygons into one polygon.  The smarter ones try to only do this in relatively flat areas (where the crease between adjoining polys is above a certain feature angle).  Use any decimator too much, especially one w/o feature angle, and you lose details, like the cow's legs below. 

Polygon Decimation

The one in MilkShape removes entire strands of hair from Juice hairs, so you get this jagged mess that won't even pass for anime hair.  You can't apply it selectively to groups, so it decimates the scalp group and you get gaps.

If anyone cares, the MilkShape decimator is in Tools, DirectX tools,
use the slider, then hit the save button in the dialog box.
I believe feature angle cannot be specified, if it can, I don't see where.
It is pretty clever about maintaining a reasonable UV map.
Normals will be completely destroyed, you'll need to recompute them.
Bone weights will be nuked, you'll need to use the bone tools and/or extended manual edit.
Your morphs are NOT guaranteed to wind up with the same number of verts/polys, make new morphs.

« Last Edit: 2009 April 19, 09:57:47 by CatOfWar » Logged

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2009 April 19, 09:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Puts faces together reducing the polys.  I think it works on reducing the vertices - making 2 in close proximity 1.  It's just fine to use a little bit, but it can go too far and fuck a complex shape.

*Damn CatofWar ninja'd me.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 April 19, 09:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, that may be, but you were pithy.  I can't do short and to the point to save my life. Cheesy

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2009 April 19, 20:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily, that may be, but you were pithy.  I can't do short and to the point to save my life. Cheesy

Plus, bonus use of the word fuck - use FUCK MOAR.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2009 April 20, 05:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fuck Cheesy

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 April 20, 05:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh fuck, Immortelle ninja'd me! Wink

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 June 16, 19:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my necromancy, a user at SimsCave posted an email they recieved from dear Newsea which I think you all would be interested in and this seems the revelant thread. Hope Julia does not mind me reposting this here.

Hi Julia~

They always say I'm greedy,indeed NEWSEA earn very tiny(with this forum's help)and even can't effort my life,infact I creat SIMS work everyday and have no other job~
The download will never know creator's hardness,they just click DOWNOAD button(and saying,meshing is funny,I wish I can make mesh)modify mesh is so boring,you should mend it again and again~I need do it day by day,even when I'm not glad to do this.
And indeed there is not so many good free creators~even if there is some,they can update very very slow
and many free site closed,why,interest will cool down,if there is no benefit .(I don't think someone just mix a texture called recolor is a creator)

It's hard,but I wanna go on,and what they did just make a creator disapear from the world.
By the way,EA's SIMS is also virtual,why they not claim SIMS as a pixel flower and reject to pay for it?

greeting
NEWSEA

Yes, you read right folks, Newsea's defence for being a paysite is that he/she has no other job and is better then free creators.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 June 16, 19:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. If the only way you are living is money made from things made from the sims, then there is a problem there. I do love that (s)he claims they are better than the free creators, and that free creators update "very very slow." So that is why we have tons of new stuff on MTS each day, and Adele had a new set like once a month. But really, updating slow doesn't equal bad, in most cases it equals high quality things that time was put into them, rather than something slapped together.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 June 16, 19:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather someone went slow and actually produced something that didn't explode ingame or cause it to crash, then have someone just slap some shit together and call it OMG AWESOMESAUCE.

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 June 16, 20:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free creators update all the time. There's always something interesting just at MTS2. It's not like people only download from ONE creator.

She's also pretending downloaders don't create. And that modifying meshes to plop into a game is sooo haaarrrdd. She's not working in a salt mine. If it's soooo haaaarrrrdd, she needs to stop. She needs to get a real job anyway.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 June 16, 20:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy crap, what a load that is. Why in the world can't she just get a job? I mean, come on. There are so many options out there, it's not like the only thing she's good for is working at McDonald's or something. Although... Grin But, still, she can't possibly work 8 hours a day on Sims. And if she did find a 40 hour a week job, she'd still have time to work on stuff, and she'd probably still be able to post a hair once a week or so. I mean, wasn't Nouk like a nurse or something? She managed to hold a job and still take the time to make pretty, free hair meshes. Not to mention do all of her WNF duties. I just don't buy that Juice/Newsea/Whomever is really that hard up. I think she doesn't want to look for another option, and wants to be lazy. It's the whole "Why get a job when I can screw people over for money with very little effort?" kind of mentality. You know, the same mentality spewing forth from TSR and Peggy, among others. It's crap, and I truly think that if this is what she does to support a household, she's just being lazy, and possibly even narrow-minded.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: