PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:39:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite  (Read 67206 times)
SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
« Reply #75 on: 2009 April 18, 00:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well with all due respect iamawake I think most can agree that it's painfully obvious what she was insinuating. Now I'm not trying to antagonize but GoS is important to me and I'm going to defend it when people make stabs at it. You can't say that you wouldn't do the same if someone were attacking this website.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 April 18, 00:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I somehow doubt that it has to do with Nouk leaving GoS, Slayer, I really do. I like a lot of things on GoS and quite a good many of the people, but I wouldn't feel at home joining there because the mindset is different. The two sites are both edgy and have cutting wit, it's just different and some folks can't do both.

If the talented people over there can take a shit hair and make it look like something I'd want in my game, more power to them! I've got some of them and prize them highly. It's just kind of, well, odd, to see anyone here say a damn thing nice about a pay hair because we are out to bring down all pay sites and make it easier for those talented people to get the hairs to work their magic on. I guess it boils down to people feeling off-step when something pay is praised and our mission here is to bring down the idiots that want to charge for pixels.

edited cause you peoples is all typing too damn fast for this old lady to catch up!!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2009 April 18, 00:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally hate this whole PMBD/GoS bitchfest thats been going on.  Cut it out the two of you right now.  And go to your room.  Don't come out until you've apologised!

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 April 18, 00:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well with all due respect iamawake I think most can agree that it's painfully obvious what she was insinuating. Now I'm not trying to antagonize but GoS is important to me and I'm going to defend it when people make stabs at it. You can't say that you wouldn't do the same if someone were attacking this website.

I might.  But I would also hope that someone would be decent enough to tell me if I'm deliberately looking for shit to bother me.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 April 18, 00:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can they apologize to each other if they're confined to their rooms? Just asking, so put down that brick, Immortelle!!

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 April 18, 00:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might.  But I would also hope that someone would be decent enough to tell me if I'm deliberately looking for shit to bother me.

I wouldn't bother posting defending a site on a site where I wasn't already a regular, I wouldn't read everything in the most negative possible light, and I wouldn't construe one person's views to be the same as every other person's views on a site.

Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2009 April 18, 00:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can they apologize to each other if they're confined to their rooms? Just asking, so put down that brick, Immortelle!!
Grin

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 April 18, 00:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you're trying to get at, but the thing is I don't see the insinuation. That's not the way things roll around here. People in this site are every bit as defensive of the free community in general - including GoS - as you are of GoS. The dig here was, I believe, totally directed at Juice Newsea and not at GoS. I cannot speak for redisenchanted but when I read the post I saw it more like a mild reprehension over a broken rule and definitely not an attack (you can really tell when people attack here Wink).

Heck, I like GoS. Like Paden says, it houses plenty of talented creators that make beautiful things out of horrid pay meshes. There's many pirates that are also members and lurkers there who I think will agree with me. Honestly I don't see that bad vibe against GoS around here and believe me, while I'm not a regular poster I'm a diligent lurker.

Closeted stamp lover.
SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 April 18, 00:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I somehow doubt that it has to do with Nouk leaving GoS, Slayer, I really do. I like a lot of things on GoS and quite a good many of the people, but I wouldn't feel at home joining there because the mindset is different. The two sites are both edgy and have cutting wit, it's just different and some folks can't do both.

If the talented people over there can take a shit hair and make it look like something I'd want in my game, more power to them! I've got some of them and prize them highly. It's just kind of, well, odd, to see anyone here say a damn thing nice about a pay hair because we are out to bring down all pay sites and make it easier for those talented people to get the hairs to work their magic on. I guess it boils down to people feeling off-step when something pay is praised and our mission here is to bring down the idiots that want to charge for pixels.

edited cause you peoples is all typing too damn fast for this old lady to catch up!!

Well since you put it that way it makes more sense. Just the tone of that post irked me. But then again maybe I was reading too far into it.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 April 18, 00:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how this post was glossed over. Because Anyerfillag's got a point. Your FAQ says no bitching about free sites, GoS is a free site. Does this GoS bashing have to do anything with Nouk departing from there?

I do not consider what I said here to be bashing GOS. It looks defensive and 12ish to run around different forums trying to silence people that you perceive to be criticizing you. I'm not criticizing you here. I'm sure you're aware that I commented on my perception of your forum at Sims Cave. Start a thread over at GOS, and I'll discuss it with you there. I'll continue to happily download the steampunk, stompy boots, skintones, eyes, hair recolors that some of the fantastic creators over at GOS make.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 April 18, 00:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a lurker at GoS, I really enjoy reading stuff over there and snagging all the great content from the creators. I didn't take redisenchanted's post as a "dig" at GoS at all, just a reminder of our phorum rules.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 April 18, 00:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so it's clear, I didn't mean to start a GOS/PMBD flame war by what I said. All I thought was that it'd look better retextured. Is this thread, then, for simply bashing Juice's hairs? I'm sure there's a lot of his hairs that people do actually like and they make innocent comments about.
And yes, I was banned from GOS because of my determination to be heard and their refusal to listen to me (they banned me before I was able to even talk to them about it, and they never replied to any of my PMs twice). Personally, I think the members are fine, it's just the staff that seems to think they're God's gifts to the world. But there really are talented people there that can make terrible hairs look gorgeous, just because of skill. I was one of the few that did like PMBD because I liked the self-policing thing - this way, we decide what we don't like and it's fine that way. Granted, I kind of dislike the way topics seem to veer off the road, through the old lady's fence and into the woods sometimes (like it is now), but that doesn't mean it's like that all the time.

I agree with Imortelle. Can we stop now?

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 April 18, 01:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, thread derailment is a way of life around here, learn to live with it. We do eventually get back on topic.

Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 April 18, 01:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, that's what I just said. And I can learn to live with it, I was making a point.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 April 18, 01:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this thread, then, for simply bashing Juice's hairs? I'm sure there's a lot of his hairs that people do actually like and they make innocent comments about.
Not on this site they don't. The point here being, if you're going to try and participate in a forum which has a specific purpose, try to catch on what's accepted and what's a big no-no. This place being PMBD, most of us would rather bite off our tongue before saying anything nice about the creations of people who treat us like mindless sheep and expect us to finance their honeymoons or second homes. Sure I've seen a piece of pay CC that wasn't too bad to include into my game, but I wouldn't download it due to principals and I wouldn't praise it anywhere. (especially on PMBD)

As to the matter of "UR MEAANZ HEREEEE", I really don't think so. Lately the whole atmosphere is way too nicey-nice. Over on GoS people get warnings for breaking the rules, here it's "Oh no...Let us not scare the poor lost lambs away!!!1!". Seeing idiocracy spewed on the phorum and no one saying a thing about it, is really sad.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: