PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 04:36:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite  (Read 67831 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
« Reply #60 on: 2009 April 17, 03:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grrr, this isn't GOS. Here pay = suck

Stop the gushing, we don't give them free press.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 17, 03:59:03 by redisenchanted » Logged
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 April 17, 04:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll name the colors in order.  Grin
Toxic Waste Black, Tree Bark, Sand, Burned Noodle, Paris Hilton, Barbie, Dyed Formaldehyde
Pepto Bismol Red, Eyebleach, Eyebleach pt 2, Smelly Straw, Too Much Damn Sun, and Poo Brown.

Eh, I was bored. But I'm not gushing now.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2009 April 17, 07:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've stopped bothering telling people - they're thick as bricks. Apparently they think it's great to advertise paysites here.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 April 17, 07:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started the topic because I was pissed that this site had turned pay.  I had no idea Juice was the person from Peggy, so, I was a bit shocked when they went pay. I definitely did not want this thread to become the update "wish I had this new hair" place to post.  Tongue

Hopefully, this topic can now die unless they do something horrid that we wanna chat about.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 April 17, 18:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're a free site, so why are you ragging on us? By all means have a go at someone for breaking the rules of this site but for the love of God, leave the moaning about how another site works out of it okay?

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Minolia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 April 17, 19:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The person, you're ranting at was banned from GoS, so how exactly is their raving about pay items GoS's fault?

Not to mention wordy mcword on what Anyer's said.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2009 April 17, 19:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that what is meant is that at GoS its okay to talk about recolouring pay meshes while here we don't.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Julia-Treasure
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 April 17, 21:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, sorry but the booty is pay-stuff as we all know...
So do you want now delete all the booty because we're advertising the pay stuff with it?  Roll Eyes

Meh, sorry but I really don't see the problem here at all.
But I do apologize for talking about recoloring pay hair if its really such a big problem here...
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 April 17, 21:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that what is meant is that at GoS its okay to talk about recolouring pay meshes while here we don't.

Well, technically, it seems that it's perfectly okay to talk about recoloring them so long as you don't say that you like them. Or is Nouk now on everyone's shit list for discussing Peggy's UV maps?  Tongue

Considering how fervently you all defend the creative efforts of the most lowly of flood fillers, so long as they're giving their stuff away for free, the continued digs at GoS (and its free creators, and its many pirate members) seem both petty and personal, though what GoS has done to earn the enmity of the PMBD regulars is not at all clear. There was a thread a short time ago discussing what sort of activities or behaviors were turning people off of PMBD and thus potentially hurting the pirate cause, and I'm pretty confident that disparaging a popular free site and, by association, its many CC creators, does not create a positive impression.  

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 April 17, 22:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how fervently you all defend the creative efforts of the most lowly of flood fillers, so long as they're giving their stuff away for free, the continued digs at GoS (and its free creators, and its many pirate members) seem both petty and personal, though what GoS has done to earn the enmity of the PMBD regulars is not at all clear. There was a thread a short time ago discussing what sort of activities or behaviors were turning people off of PMBD and thus potentially hurting the pirate cause, and I'm pretty confident that disparaging a popular free site and, by association, its many CC creators, does not create a positive impression.  

I don't see continued digs, there is a level of tension, but these discussions only get dramatic when goslings come and raise the level of importance. I like the creativity, the best finds, the theme threads, the request thread, lots of things at GOS. I usually have both GOS and PMBD open in tabs. I remember when the whole unfortunate conflict with Nouk arose, one of the first comments was "this isn't PMBD." It was a fair comment, because it isn't. It's also fair to say "this isn't GOS." Nobody disparaged the creators at GOS, no one ever has at PMBD. We're definitely on your side regarding the TSR creator is trying to pass off Corrine's mesh as hers. On the other hand, there have been extensive discussions about what goslings don't like about PMBD.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 17, 22:49:11 by redisenchanted » Logged
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 April 17, 22:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how fervently you all defend the creative efforts of the most lowly of flood fillers, so long as they're giving their stuff away for free, the continued digs at GoS (and its free creators, and its many pirate members) seem both petty and personal, though what GoS has done to earn the enmity of the PMBD regulars is not at all clear.

Every time GOS is mentioned, it is not an insult.  I took the remark to mean exactly what it says, "This is not GOS."  It isn't.  It's PMBD.  At GOS it is fine to talk about the work of a paid creator in glowing terms.  Here, it's considered counterproductive, which makes sense.  The idea is that charging isn't only bad for the EULA and for the spirit of the community, it's also bad because there are usually free and better counterparts, and, a lot of pay sites cut corners.  

GOS is different and different isn't bad, it's just different.  You support the idea of free sites only, but that isn't your main focus.  There is nothing wrong with that, but it's not PMBD's objective and if we were to start a "Pay stuff can rock, and I'll prove it," thread,  that would be about the same as shooting ourselves in the foot.  Generally, we all know there are pay creators that do some good stuff, but we don't go around babbling about it.  It's not the point of the site, in fact, it's the polar opposite of the site.

There may be a couple members of PMBD that dislike GOS, but I hardly think it's a growing trend.  I can't answer for everyone at PMBD, but I don't think I'm alone at thinking GOS is a great site with some marvelously talented people who do some fantastic work and make some of the most unique custom content for The Sims. I mean, thanks to GOS and Club Crymson, I can finally have teenagers wearing realistic looking dark clothing  that doesn't show off their attributes as if they're baby hookers.  I love that you have folks that fix Peggy's horrible gappy rippedoff posermesh hair, and if someone is into that, GOS is the place to discuss it. Around here, you can request it, there's a special thread for just such things, but no, it's not cool to say, "oooh, look at this wonderful new pay hair!"  

There was a thread a short time ago discussing what sort of activities or behaviors were turning people off of PMBD and thus potentially hurting the pirate cause, and I'm pretty confident that disparaging a popular free site and, by association, its many CC creators, does not create a positive impression.  

And this will probably earn me a one way ticket out of here, but damn it, am I the only person who's sick and tired of seeing that whole thing turn into a big, "Now I can whine about what bothers me about PMBD and I'll be RIGHT because people COMPLAINED!"  Okay, someone didn't like it here and left.  We don't know details, we just know it happened because we were told.  Nothing specific, just this, "Someone didn't like it,"  And we all turned into a bunch of pussies, Kermit flailing and going, "OH NOES WE OFFENDED SOMEONES!"

And it turned into the big excuse.  "Don't do this, remember, someone didn't like PMBD!  Don't do that, Remember, someone complained!"  Well, while I feel bad at the support being withdrawn, it's getting a little irritating that now we're all supposed to gather around, give each other hugs and a quick stroke off, and sing a few rounds of The Barney song, by the campfire.  

Sorry folks, but this place is turning into a "Wimps push us around and we roll over like good little dogs."  People can start all the useless threads they want, and all we can do is gently tell them, "Golly, we don't do that around here!"  In fact, it seems like people can do anything they want, and if someone dares to complain, they get, "Why are you PICKING on them? They're trying, leave them alone!"  

What some folks see as trying, I'm seeing as, "I'm too cool and awesome to lurk and read the FAQ, I'll just plunge in!"  And you know what?  I can't blame the Noobs for it.  I mean, what's the worst that's going to happen?   Someone might grow a spine and tell them off, but hey, 2-5 of our loving little Den Mothers will quickly swoop down to tell the person who had the nerve to pick on the poor noob, that they're being so mean!  What does that say? It says, "It's okay to make mistakes, but it's not okay to have them pointed out, or if you must, please do it in the gentlest way possible."  

I'm waiting for the blinkies and the glitter to come back.  And for threads to get resurrected with a "Yeah, you're right!" tacked on the end of them.  Because apparently, it's okay to do whatever you want at PMBD now, just don't be MEAN!  

And I'm tired of whoever it was that left, has become our boogyman and our weapon against each other.  "Oooh, you'd better be nice! Remember we had that discussion about it!  Remember, SOMEONE who was very important left this site, and it's all your fault for being mean!"  

And no, Nixy, I'm not just talking about you.  But I am sick of everyone around here getting their feelings hurt over nothing and then swinging the mysterious "Remember, someone complained!" over our heads.   I've been biting my tongue, but I've had it.  If this site wants to turn into, "Everything goes," there is little I can do alone, to  stop it.  But, when the 12's come in here with all their kawaii little blinkies, and resurrecting old threads, just to go, "LOL! I agree!" and other dumb shit, I won't take any responsibility for it.   I'll just leave and let the den mothers deal with their new PMBD crowd.  And they can all post pictures of pink shit and put a billion smilies in their posts.

Maybe that will make our Mysterious boogyman smile and come back.   In the meanwhile, this site will have just become another stupid message board with stupid people saying stupid things.  Like the millions of others out there.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 April 17, 23:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like that hair at all. It's lanky and stringy, and I would be surprised if it's animated well. There are tons of great long FREE hairs out there, this one is entirely unnecessary.

The booty is hosted here to give butthurt to paysites, and because all game mods need to be free, no matter how crappity they are. And that hair is quite thoroughly crappity.

The more whining I see about the fact that this mysterious "SOMEONE" complained about PMBD, the nastier I feel like getting, by the way. I don't give a flying fuck about this mysterious "someone's" poor wittwe cowardly ass. People get their feelings hurt. That's life. Everyone doesn't get along. That is also life, except at TSR, which is one big happy cult.

I don't like GOS. I don't dislike GOS. GOS means little or nothing to my life. Maybe some people here don't like it there (I don't know who that would be), but that hardly means the site has "the enmity of PMBD."

SlayerAngel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 April 17, 23:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're a free site, so why are you ragging on us? By all means have a go at someone for breaking the rules of this site but for the love of God, leave the moaning about how another site works out of it okay?

Funny how this post was glossed over. Because Anyerfillag's got a point. Your FAQ says no bitching about free sites, GoS is a free site. Does this GoS bashing have to do anything with Nouk departing from there?
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 April 18, 00:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny how this post was glossed over. Because Anyerfillag's got a point. Your FAQ says no bitching about free sites, GoS is a free site. Does this GoS bashing have to do anything with Nouk departing from there?

Pardon me for the intrusion but I didn't see redisenchanted ragging on GoS. She was simply pointing out that while in GoS it's okay to praise pay creators, it's a big no-no to do so as per PMBD rules. I believe it was in no way an attack on GoS but merely an enforcement of a well-established PMBD rule. Just because this site is run differently than yours doesn't mean that we despise you and everything you stand for Wink it simply means that we work in a different way and that it's mere courtesy to abide our rules while you're here, regardless of what the protocol might be in your site.

Okay, I'm done butting in. Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 April 18, 00:13:35 by iamawake » Logged

Closeted stamp lover.
Evanesce
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 April 18, 00:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not see redisenchanted's post as ragging on GoS at all.  All they are really pointing out is that while on GoS it is alright to praise a paysites work, it is generally looked down upon here.

Not really directed at anybody at all, but why is everybody all of a sudden popping up out of nowhere and getting butthurt over the stupidest, smallest things? (Such as above post)  I thought the statement here was butthurt to the paysites!  Not pick apart every little post and get your feelings hurt because somebody is pointing out this site is different than another in it's mindset and goals.

Edit: Because iamawake beat me to it.  Also to say that the mapping on the hair is atrocious.  I don't even mesh or recolor and I can see it would be a pain.

Edit again because I forgot to give out some rum.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: