PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:54:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite  (Read 67899 times)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
« Reply #45 on: 2009 April 11, 05:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know nothing about meshing, but that looks like a ton of unnecessary work. It doesn't make much sense to me, because if people want to retexture it, they'll often link to the site where you can get the original mesh. So wouldn't making a mesh that was easy to retexture be better for business?

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 April 11, 06:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Juice and Yu are shooting themselves in the foot by making the UV map unnecessarily complicated.  Yes, this looks like a deliberate effort to make it hard to recolor.  And yes, that does make the hair less attractive to creators who would only download it in order to recolor.  I know there are folks on MTS2 who like dustfingers Maxis match style recolors of (free) Juice and Peggy meshes.  There are several creators who "Noukify" meshes, apply Nouk's textures to them.  Some folks might not download those meshes if not for those recolors. 

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 April 11, 09:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know nothing about meshing, but that looks like a ton of unnecessary work. It doesn't make much sense to me, because if people want to retexture it, they'll often link to the site where you can get the original mesh. So wouldn't making a mesh that was easy to retexture be better for business?

Essentially yes. But when your a paysite like Peggy and have no rights on GOS you have to find other ways around it. Because unfortunately for her it is a pay mesh and it will be shared by retexturers or the booty. And yes it is a ton of unnecessary work. I tried for about 3 hours+ to get even Neena's textures to line up on that bitch and just could do it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 April 11, 15:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following Peggy's textures does not work for this one?

Inactive
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 April 12, 05:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was gonna say...it shouldn't be too bad to retexture, but alpha-editing is probably never going to happen.  Or at least, I wouldn't be able to wrap my head around it.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 April 12, 05:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody over at Emosims did retexture it, I think. But alpha editing? People are already clawing their own eyes out over it. Some of the hairs are way too long, and shortening it will either look weird and choppy or end up screwing up another part of the mesh. But I'd say eventually people are going to give up on the ridiculous mapping, and Newsea might succeed in remaining a new paysite.

But on texturing? Juices' textures look plastic. I'm happy for those who can sit down and have that kind of patience.  Wink

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 April 12, 14:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a good thing: Peggy purposely borking her texture maps. I am sick of everyone giving her free press by endlessly recoloring and fixing her crappy meshes. She isn't unique. There are many great free creators like Nouk, Fabulous Sims, Cool Sims and quasi free (at least for hair) XM sims. Why not focus on those meshes?

ETA: Austere, your multiple blinking pictures in your avatar and signature are annoying. I've ad-blocked most of them.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 April 12, 14:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry, I've gotten rid of them.

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 April 12, 16:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a good thing: Peggy purposely borking her texture maps. I am sick of everyone giving her free press by endlessly recoloring and fixing her crappy meshes. She isn't unique. There are many great free creators like Nouk, Fabulous Sims, Cool Sims and quasi free (at least for hair) XM sims. Why not focus on those meshes?

I agree, I have seen some nice things done with  xm hair , there is a creator over at MTS2 who has done editing to their hair. She made a pony tail out of a mesh and it looks like a whole new hair.  I think nouk allows re textures, I did see one over at the gos and  Lapink did a recolor but certianly I would love to see more.  I guess it is because pegy pops out a new hair every week that she is popular..

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 April 12, 17:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a good thing: Peggy purposely borking her texture maps.

Peggy's mapping has always been pretty atrocious.  I retexured/realphaed one of her old pay bobs for a Secret Santa gift last year (yeah, I know there are other bobs out there, but the person had a 1920s themed hood, and I wanted to give her MOAR BOBS that she definitely didn't have before), and it was nearly impossible to give that thing a blunt cut because of how it was mapped.

It ended up looking decent, because it was short and my end goal was easy, but it took a lot of fiddling around.

So I'm not entirely sure that this latest mapping is malicious instead of a result of more Peggy "What gap?" nonlogic.

And while I get what you're saying about editing other hair instead of Peggy's, every hair that exists tends to get the retexture treatment over at GoS these days.  It's less "OMG MUST RETEXTURE PEGGY HAIRS" and more "OMG MUST RETEXTURE ALL HAIRS."
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 April 13, 01:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, it's people mapping short and long pieces of hair on the same part of the texture. Thus alpha editing it will mean the long and short parts will both change. This is usually done to save space on the texture file, and because it saves time. But if you want to do an alpha edit it's really annoying.

Inactive
Julia-Treasure
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 April 17, 02:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New pretty hair by them: http://hi.baidu.com/juiceshine/blog/item/d70b3c08e392dda72fddd4f6.html

I hate NewSea for being pay now... Angry

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 April 17, 02:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a nice hair. Just what is up with all the odd colors?

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Julia-Treasure
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 April 17, 02:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a nice hair. Just what is up with all the odd colors?
Yeah, the colors are indeed horrible. Can't wait when it gets nouked tbh... Wink
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 April 17, 03:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want this hair so I can try my hand at Nouking/Liegiening it.
But if the mesh is too wildly mapped, it's all yours. It'd look gorgeous with different textures though...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: