PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:04:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite  (Read 67965 times)
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
Re: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
« Reply #30 on: 2009 April 07, 02:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More affeminate male hair. Do not want!
I seriously thought it was a girl until the 2nd or 3rd pic where you can see his chest.

The pig-tails do nothing for me either. I've seen better for free.

My Deviant artwork here.
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 April 07, 09:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently "gift" and "donate" mean two different things even though you have to pay for both to get them. Roll Eyes

This confirmed my suspicions they were associated with Peggy. Sad since I like their style, but they don't really add anything new in the way of downloads anyway, especially for male hair. Roll Eyes

It's the same as Rose's "gifts": You pay for two "donation"- sets, then you get one "gift".

Right now they have two donationsets and two gifts up Roll Eyes

The first hair they had up had a female and a male version, you could buy them for 2$ each I think, now they've made the male version into a gift.

I wonder if they are going on this way and especially if they will keep adding paypal buttons 15 days later.

arrgh
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 April 07, 14:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shared the Hawaii set over at simscave and it was 2$ for the male and female hair together.  I thought I was just paying for the female and she sent both. 

Shortly after sharing Juice PM'd me over there complaining she only sent it to six people worldwide and it was shared already, that it takes a long time to create blah blah blah.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 April 07, 15:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shortly after sharing Juice PM'd me over there complaining she only sent it to six people worldwide and it was shared already, that it takes a long time to create blah blah blah.

Juicey Red Butthurt! Now there's a shade of red Cover Girl should consider making into a lipstick (Peggy could then turn around and offer it as one of her premium gifts, thus completing the circle of shame).
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 April 08, 15:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shared the Hawaii set over at simscave and it was 2$ for the male and female hair together.  I thought I was just paying for the female and she sent both. 

That's generally why booty updaters take a while. So that the list of donators grow and it's harder for the paysite to pinpoint who shared the file. It's a shame that the site became a paysite. Should have guessed it though since it is the Juice from Peggy. Just wondering though, is it just me, or do Juice's new pigtails look a lot like Rose's old pigtails?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 April 08, 15:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean Rose's hair 65?

I first assotiated it with one of the newer hairs at Peggyzone, the one with the long animestyle pigtails, just shorter.

Btw., the hair is not by Juice himself but his girlfriend, Yu, that's why they don't look as "advanced" as Juice's hair at Peggysims do. None of the hairs is by Juice himself.
Maybe Yu is not good enough to be a payed creator at the Peggyzone, so she convinced her boyfriend to open a blog where she could sell her creations, and Juice only adds in some items like makeup and single clothes which aren't good enough or too small in number for a whole Peggysims update... [/speculation]

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 April 08, 16:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean Rose's hair 65?

I first assotiated it with one of the newer hairs at Peggyzone, the one with the long animestyle pigtails, just shorter.

Btw., the hair is not by Juice himself but his girlfriend, Yu, that's why they don't look as "advanced" as Juice's hair at Peggysims do. None of the hairs is by Juice himself.
Maybe Yu is not good enough to be a payed creator at the Peggyzone, so she convinced her boyfriend to open a blog where she could sell her creations, and Juice only adds in some items like makeup and single clothes which aren't good enough or too small in number for a whole Peggysims update... [/speculation]

Yep, that's the one. Just looked at the pictures, and it just looks like they added some length, body, and changed the bangs. Besides that, the overall style and shape seems the same.

Oh I did not even notice there was two creators on that site! Cheesy Shows how well I can read doesn't it? I just think that the whole lot of them are little school children and have figured out they can make money by selling their creations to buy more candy.  Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Julia-Treasure
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 April 10, 00:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new hair is available for non-Chinese people now: http://hi.baidu.com/juiceshine

EDIT: Or for which hair did they write that?  Huh
Sorry when I was wrong...
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 00:54:41 by Julia-Treasure » Logged
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 April 10, 02:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not advanced enough? I actually like these hairs better than Peggy's to be honest.

Inactive
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 April 10, 04:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not advanced enough? I actually like these hairs better than Peggy's to be honest.

Me too. I think the colors and textures are much better, and the ones I downloaded (before they went pay) didn't have gaps. They're still sucky pay hairs, though, and I really don't need more male bouffants.

asiahardon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 April 10, 05:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does amyone know where the eyelashes come from? i couldnt find them on that site

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/juiceshine/pic/item/21891ffab5b990376c22eb2d.jpg

« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 18:43:42 by asiahardon » Logged
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 April 10, 09:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like their textures at all, sorry. Only since their Lollipop hair the texture looks decent in my eyes. Of course it's personal opinion, if you think they're better it's fine. I don't know anything about making textures, I just know what I like and what I don't like.

Yes, some newer Peggyzone hairs are not that great, too, but this has something to do with the large number of creators (haven't seen a single gap for more than a year though). There are at least eight different creators responsible for the newer hairsets, but until very recently I haven't noticed that. Have you noticed that? Most likely not, as they just match pretty well. Just imaging one of Yu's hairs would have appeared in line with the other creator's hairs, maybe hair 009 or 014 ... it would not have matched in there.
Now you can still say that this might be a good thing, that their hairs are better and that they don't match in there because of this. But whatever you think, they look different, and that might be a reason why she doesn't use the Peggyzone as her platform to sell her hairs but is using their own site instead.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 10, 10:06:59 by Rissa » Logged

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 April 10, 12:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rissa, I like your textures way more than Peggy's. Yours look more natural to me. Somehow you make the mesh look fuller and softer. And I like the tiny little imperfections. They make the hair look more human. Peggy's look like they've been coated with lacquer, and they are always off-colored too. I always look to see if you've done a recolor first, before I download one of hers.

My Deviant artwork here.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 April 10, 15:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only hair of theirs I liked is the lollipop mesh. The textures are eh to me, but like Rissa said, we all have our own thing.

They're still sucky pay hairs, though, and I really don't need more male bouffants.

This! All my male sims used to use the crappy EA hairs until someone here mentioned Nouk had some nice guy hairs. How I missed them I don't know, but I don't get why there aren't more nice short hair styles for guys.  Huh

Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 April 11, 03:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I may add my two cents...I think Juice and Peggy kind of prepared ahead of time for the eventual welcoming into the Booty.
I've noticed a lot of their hair additions include very crazy mapping. Hence:

They're obviously making it harder for people to get it for free whether it's on Booty or not, because most people want to retexture it. If they find it too difficult to retexture, they won't take it.

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: