PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:26:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite  (Read 68249 times)
woes_wee
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Juice Newsea Becomes a Paysite
« Reply #120 on: 2009 June 16, 21:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how this pathetic young woman not only lacks in work ethic but also seems to believe that if EA gets paid than so should she.
She honestly believes that we should not complain about her making a dollar because we don;t complain about EA making one??

Someone please wake this idiot up and remind her that EA actually created the game and therefore EA should be paid  but without them creating and selling this game well Hello dumb arse you would not have a "job"
To top it off she does not feel like those creators who recolor are creators at all. i am thinking there are many who would indeed argue that point.

She and Peggy are 2 greedy peas in a pod.
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 June 16, 21:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read, Juice is a guy, I think. But that's debatable.

Some of that was hard to read (I take it they have some English trouble?) but I got the general message. I don't see how one can live off of making stuff for the Sims - my mom calls me obsessed because I like playing the game. Obsessed is when it's the only way you're living - seriously, it's not that hard to get a job. And there's ALWAYS something good from free creators - has Juice even checked the Ugliest Paysites thread? Some of the shit the pay people make is worse than the stuff beginner free creators make!

I agree with everyone else, slow and steady wins the race. Or in this case, makes way better CC. If it took you a few minutes, chances are it's not going to be too great unless you're a robot or something. Or it was something simple, like making untuckables.

I don't believe any of what she's spewing. Chances are if she's living off of Simming, SOMEONE has to have stepped in to say, "Ok, this is fucked up so royally I don't believe it, so you need some help with your life." Really, I think that was just a bland excuse.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 16, 21:21:43 by Austere » Logged

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 June 17, 13:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read, Juice is a guy, I think. But that's debatable.

Some of that was hard to read (I take it they have some English trouble?) but I got the general message. I don't see how one can live off of making stuff for the Sims - my mom calls me obsessed because I like playing the game. Obsessed is when it's the only way you're living - seriously, it's not that hard to get a job. And there's ALWAYS something good from free creators - has Juice even checked the Ugliest Paysites thread? Some of the shit the pay people make is worse than the stuff beginner free creators make!

Oh really? Then I must be a retarded fuckwit then because I've been trying, and failing to find work for over two years now. Sure, I get as far as the interview stage, but that's about it.  Angry

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 June 17, 13:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh really? Then I must be a retarded fuckwit then because I've been trying, and failing to find work for over two years now. Sure, I get as far as the interview stage, but that's about it.  Angry

I think that depends heavily on what type of work you're looking for.  I work in the state with the highest unemployment rate of the entire country (10%, last I checked and I've heard there have been some massive layoffs since.)  Yet, without fail, where I work, we hire 2-4 people every month.  By the end of the month, they've all quit, or some have stayed and other workers who've been there longer have quit.  Yes, sometimes it's kids going on to University, but most of the time it's just a case of, "This job sucks, I'm outa here!  People regularly go to lunch or to the bathroom and never return.  Now that it's summer, we're going to get more bathroom escapes, because people won't have to worry about grabbing their jacket before they leave.  Is it a crappy job?  Yes it is.  Pays a tiny bit better than minimum wage, it's very stressful.  However, it is a job, and every time I see people whining on TV about how they can't find a job, and it isn't fair, and why can't they extend unemployment for another year, I want to smack them.  

Across the streets is a McDonalds.  Again, not glamor work, but they're looking for openings of all shifts, and all positions.  And like our work, you can work during the day or at night, and you can pretty much set your days, so there is no reason why someone couldn't work there while looking for a better job.

I understand if you were a white collar professional or skilled laborer, making significant money, that working for McDonalds or where I work would create a horrible strain, as your lifestyle probably just can't live on that.  However, a lot of the whining comes from unskilled labor.  Not too long ago, they interviewed some people using the job search at the local unemployment and one of the people interviewed worked where I did for three days, then went to lunch and never came back.  Now she's on a local cable  show, whining about how haaard it is to find a job, how she tries and tries, but no one is hiring.  

Maybe I'm cold, but I have no sympathy for this girl and when I saw her whining, I was so tempted to call the cable company where the show was and tell them about her leaving a job after three days, without notice, just leaving in the middle of her shift.  

I can't imagine Juice is making much more money than unskilled labor pays.  

I don't know your situation, uknorthener, and I'm not making light of it.  With the way you mentioned interviewing, I'm guessing that you're not exactly unskilled labor, but a professional of some sort.  I put Juices situation somewhere in the middle of anyone who does crafts for a living and a drug dealer.  In the first case, dips in business to an all out drying up happen at times, especially when money is tight.  In the case of the second, you should never depend on illegal income to survive on, because it has a habit of disappearing.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 June 17, 15:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Just because your company is hiring that doesn't mean other companies throughout the country are hiring. 2-4 people a month doesn't put much of a hole in the unemployment problem anyway. There are tons of applicants for every position, and skilled people can't get jobs at places like McDonald's because they're rejected for being overqualified. That's when the local McDonald's is hiring in the first place, which around here, they aren't. And it's not like McDonald's would pay the bills for people with houses and families anyway; they're better off on unemployment and looking for work than working for minimum wage.

Just how low are people supposed to stoop for a job, anyway? I could go dance at a topless bar and get paid well, but I am not going to do that.

silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 2009 June 17, 16:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, some companies CLAIM they're hiring, but they play games. Lots of games. Some are looking for a "particular fit", which is often business-speak for "We want a particular profile, and you're not it." For instance, the company might be looking for a man or woman, or someone under 30, but they can't actually SAY that because they'll get their panties sued off, so they use the "perfect fit" bullcrap. Some companies are scouting out prospects "just in case". They're bidding on a job, and they want to see the talent out there. But they don't get the job, or someone wants that "perfect fit" for that job, and there you are at Square One again. Some companies ARE hiring, but with your luck, the hiring committee happens to dislike overweight men with red hair because they remind them of someone, and surprise! You're an overweight man with red hair. Too bad for you.

My husband was out of work for five years, and I can definitely say that NO one worked harder than he to get a sustainable job. We just about saw it all, including the hiring clowns mentioned above. Often. Way, way too often.

The only advice I can offer to anyone out of work is that unfortunately, you might have to be really flexible in this economy. You may have to work in another area far from your home, or in another country. Many of these countries, unfortunately, ain't exactly tourist attractions. And even if you're willing to do that, you might have a hard time finding something. I truly hope that anyone seeking sustainable employment finds something soon. To use an old expression, poverty sucks.

As for the retail/food service trade ... we both worked in that field to survive. Back in the olden days, you HAD more leeway in setting your hours. (I worked in retail back in the 90's and again, about 8 - 9 years later.) Now, these companies demand "flexibility". They want you available any time, any day, and schedules vary all over the place from week to week. You often can no longer say that you can work from 5PM to 10PM on any day but Monday and expect to be hired. When I worked for a particular company, I had informed them that I could work any day, almost any time, except between 8 and 9 AM and 2 and 3 PM on school days, and I got a lot of grief for that. And that was for a part-time job! I did get hired, and worked there for a while, though the company constantly "forgot" I listed those times and attempted to schedule me to work during them, no matter how often I mentioned them. But from what I'm seeing, some retail companies are even more picky about availability now.

It's not impossible to get a job, but it can be darn hard.

« Last Edit: 2009 June 17, 16:29:15 by silver » Logged
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 June 17, 17:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, what the heck is a pixel flower?  And why is EA one or not one?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 June 17, 17:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just how low are people supposed to stoop for a job, anyway? I could go dance at a topless bar and get paid well, but I am not going to do that.

Wow, nice to know you equate what I do to survive with topless dancing.  Fuck you.

uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 June 17, 17:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Darqstar: All my previous roles have been either minimum wage, or a salary not too far removed from it - these are office job involving a lot of typing, presentation-reparing and fielding a lot of abuse from pissed-off people. If £14k a year is big bucks, then why couldn't I even afford to move out of my parents' home? Hell, the two jobs I've recently been interviewed for (and a third next week) are only paying 1,000 more, and once tax and National Insurance are taken out of that (along with travel costs), I'll come away with about £9,000 - barely enough to pay rent (average rent in Manchester is £350-£600pm, not including utilities and insurance), let alone food. In other words, although I'm earning - as long as my parents don't kick me out, or sell the home, I'll be ok in the short term, but in no way would I be in a position to lead an independent life.

The fact is, here in the UK, wages are low. They've always been low. Minumum wage is shockingly poor - It's supposed to be a livable wage yet it doesn't even come close. it is actually more beneficial for a person claiming Jobseeker's Allowance to sit on their arse all week instead of taking on temporary work, because when you factor in daily travel expenses and lunch, you don't get a great deal out of the £40 you come away with, especially after it's all been taxed. I'm not on JA, but I was last year and it sucked - I came off it because 1) the Job Centre staff couldn't give a fuck about finding me a proper job and expected me to travel from Manchester to London for a minimum-wage telesales gig and 2) Depression set in fast and I felt completely worthless.

I could work at MacDonald's - except, around here, rather than hiring new staff, they've just laid a load off. It seems that with the economy as fucked as it is, even going to MacDonald's is seen as extravagant at the moment.

Growing up, I was fed a load of crap about going to college and university, about how it would open up the best jobs and the rest of it. The reality? I'm five years behind my fellow classmates who left high school and worked in MacDonalds and are now managers and supervisors in other companies. All I have is a giant student loan.

I used to slag off the unemployed all the time. Now that I've been there, it's given me a whole different outlook on life, and throwaway comments from people like Austere, i.e. people who are in work and have nothing to worry about simply piss me off now.

Darqstar, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Just because your company is hiring that doesn't mean other companies throughout the country are hiring. 2-4 people a month doesn't put much of a hole in the unemployment problem anyway. There are tons of applicants for every position, and skilled people can't get jobs at places like McDonald's because they're rejected for being overqualified. That's when the local McDonald's is hiring in the first place, which around here, they aren't. And it's not like McDonald's would pay the bills for people with houses and families anyway; they're better off on unemployment and looking for work than working for minimum wage.

Unfortunately, if I go topless, I think I'd end up scaring the punters away!  Cheesy

Also, some companies CLAIM they're hiring, but they play games. Lots of games. Some are looking for a "particular fit", which is often business-speak for "We want a particular profile, and you're not it." For instance, the company might be looking for a man or woman, or someone under 30, but they can't actually SAY that because they'll get their panties sued off, so they use the "perfect fit" bullcrap. Some companies are scouting out prospects "just in case". They're bidding on a job, and they want to see the talent out there. But they don't get the job, or someone wants that "perfect fit" for that job, and there you are at Square One again. Some companies ARE hiring, but with your luck, the hiring committee happens to dislike overweight men with red hair because they remind them of someone, and surprise! You're an overweight man with red hair. Too bad for you.

My husband was out of work for five years, and I can definitely say that NO one worked harder than he to get a sustainable job. We just about saw it all, including the hiring clowns mentioned above. Often. Way, way too often.

I've seen this sort of stuff first-hand too. One job interview I went to a couple of weeks back had a roleplaying session that had nothing whatsoever to do with the job. It seemed that the interviewers simply viewed us desperate jobseekers as some form of entertainment.

The only advice I can offer to anyone out of work is that unfortunately, you might have to be really flexible in this economy. You may have to work in another area far from your home, or in another country. Many of these countries, unfortunately, ain't exactly tourist attractions. And even if you're willing to do that, you might have a hard time finding something. I truly hope that anyone seeking sustainable employment finds something soon. To use an old expression, poverty sucks.

Not really an option in the UK. The whole country is in dire straits, and the further south you go, the more expensive it becomes just to survive, and I can't speak any other language than English (and a bit of Welsh) so going over to Europe's out of the question - Plus, there's no jobs over there either.

As for the retail/food service trade ... we both worked in that field to survive. Back in the olden days, you HAD more leeway in setting your hours. (I worked in retail back in the 90's and again, about 8 - 9 years later.) Now, these companies demand "flexibility". They want you available any time, any day, and schedules vary all over the place from week to week. You often can no longer say that you can work from 5PM to 10PM on any day but Monday and expect to be hired. When I worked for a particular company, I had informed them that I could work any day, almost any time, except between 8 and 9 AM and 2 and 3 PM on school days, and I got a lot of grief for that. And that was for a part-time job! I did get hired, and worked there for a while, though the company constantly "forgot" I listed those times and attempted to schedule me to work during them, no matter how often I mentioned them. But from what I'm seeing, some retail companies are even more picky about availability now.

It's not impossible to get a job, but it can be darn hard.

On most days, it really does seem impossible though.

In the last interview I went to (last Friday for a university), I asked how many applications they'd received. Around 800. THAT's how bad things are around here. Sad

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 June 17, 18:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Darqstar: All my previous roles have been either minimum wage, or a salary not too far removed from it - these are office job involving a lot of typing, presentation-reparing and fielding a lot of abuse from pissed-off people. If £14k a year is big bucks, then why couldn't I even afford to move out of my parents' home? Hell, the two jobs I've recently been interviewed for (and a third next week) are only paying 1,000 more, and once tax and National Insurance are taken out of that (along with travel costs), I'll come away with about £9,000 - barely enough to pay rent (average rent in Manchester is £350-£600pm, not including utilities and insurance), let alone food. In other words, although I'm earning - as long as my parents don't kick me out, or sell the home, I'll be ok in the short term, but in no way would I be in a position to lead an independent life.

Well, shit that does suck and yeah, for the type of work you do, that's probably the hardest hit, which is why I got out of office work.  It seemed like every time there were cutbacks, all that happened was middle management fought to keep their job by sacking everyone below them they could get away with, and piling 9 times the work onto the few lower downs that they were able to keep.   

The fact is, here in the UK, wages are low. They've always been low. Minumum wage is shockingly poor - It's supposed to be a livable wage yet it doesn't even come close. it is actually more beneficial for a person claiming Jobseeker's Allowance to sit on their arse all week instead of taking on temporary work, because when you factor in daily travel expenses and lunch, you don't get a great deal out of the £40 you come away with, especially after it's all been taxed. I'm not on JA, but I was last year and it sucked - I came off it because 1) the Job Centre staff couldn't give a fuck about finding me a proper job and expected me to travel from Manchester to London for a minimum-wage telesales gig and 2) Depression set in fast and I felt completely worthless.

We have similar situations here.  I don't fault anyone who collects unemployment, or TDI, that's what it's there for (TDI you pay into the system yourself, so all you really get is your own money back)  The whole idea is that it's survival money while you look. 

I could work at MacDonald's - except, around here, rather than hiring new staff, they've just laid a load off. It seems that with the economy as fucked as it is, even going to MacDonald's is seen as extravagant at the moment.

Oddly, the Burger King across the street doesn't need any help,  but the McDonalds needs all shifts, the Subway needs night help, the Wendy's day help.  Some of that, I'm sure is Summer is here and mom's working to stretch the household budget will now take the summer off to be with their kids, but the college kids aren't flooding into the market, which is what usually happens.

And, as I said, we're still looking.  And yes, 2-4 people a month doesn't seem like much, but that's all the people who are applying for the job.  We'd love to take on about 10 new people, which again, isn't going to save the state, but it's rather ironic that we can't get ten people to work the job and stick around, we can't even get ten applications a month.  Where my husband works (Same company, different branch) they need about 15 people for various shifts, and they just aren't getting the applications.  And yes, it's a lousy job, but you do get medical insurance.  Terrible insurance for part timers, but it's absolutely free.  Full timers pay 10 dollars a week for better coverage.  You'd think that alone would bring people in who are unskilled labor.

I used to slag off the unemployed all the time. Now that I've been there, it's given me a whole different outlook on life, and throwaway comments from people like Austere, i.e. people who are in work and have nothing to worry about simply piss me off now.

I don't know how unemployment works where you're from. Around here, it isn't welfare.  Companies pay into the system on the idea that if something terrible happens, people aren't starving in the streets while they try to find work.  And it's perfectly understandable if someone can make 400 dollars a week on unemployment that it's better to be on it, than to make 300 dollars at my job, and not have time to go looking.  However, the people we hire that end up quitting are usually people who are unqualified to even run a copy machine.  It is not skilled labor. It's honest work, don't get me wrong, but it isn't rocket science and the people who apply are not rocket scientists.

Just to clear it up, I wasn't talking about you.  Again, you're more skilled than what we're getting.  Maybe skilled isn't the right word... polished might be better.  The people I work with and that we hire are not people you'd put in an office situation, unless you wanted to find your receptionist or data entry person, on the phone with the higher ups talking about the state of her vagina or other such interesting facts. 

However, again, in the case of Juice claiming s/h/it needs to make Sims stuff because it's all they can do for work, I'm not buying it and I'm not very sympathetic.  I'd love to stay home and sit behind my computer all day making money by creating. I think a lot of us would love to do that, but we don't. We're either homemakers, or searching for a job, or working, or students.  Just because the economy does suck, doesn't give people a free ride to open up a paysite, or do anything even remotely illegal to survive. 

ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 June 17, 18:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also work in retail/food industry (it's an odd little mixture of both) and when my company gets a job opening for the lowest possible position, we get insane amounts of applications.
They've also started demanding flexibility in schedules for full time workers. They put it like this- if you're not available all the times we're open (which is 8 am to 11pm on weekdays, midnight on weekends), then they aren't going to schedule you full time, just part time. That comes down from corporate. I have a second job in which I have to work weekends, so I can't work weekends in the retail job. You should see the amount of hell I get for that.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Austere
Sexist Creep
ARR!

No one is ugly except those who call people ugly.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 June 18, 01:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean it that way, uknortherner. I was saying that if a person can live off of making money from Sims CC, then it shouldn't be too hard for them to get a job. I wasn't trying to be rude to the unemployed. Yes, it is hard to get a job and I know that. But it sounds as if Juice isn't actually trying to make a living in some other profession - that's when it is pretty easy to get some type of job, even if it's a gas station attendant or something. Sorry if I worded something wrong...

That's not funny, you nimrods. Now get that crap out of my member title.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 June 18, 04:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funnily enough, a friend of mine just quoted me an example of that from the Bungie website.  What he quoted to me from is this:  At least seven level 80 WoW characters, Prestige'd eight times in CoD4, 9000+ Twitter Followers, 10k+ Gamerscore, 100% Positive Feedback on eBay [and you're a Power Seller], and no more than five McFarlane toys on your desk.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 June 18, 07:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, nice to know you equate what I do to survive with topless dancing.  Fuck you.

Uh. I have no idea what you do to survive. Nor do I equate it with topless dancing, which actually I don't think is a rotten choice for everyone, but it would be for ME. Fuck you right back for assuming so fucking much.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2009 June 18, 15:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there are no jobs where he/she/ it lives there are many other things over the computer that she/he/it could do to support themselves- licking envelopes for businesses, selling shit on Ebay, writing and editing papers for college students in whatever their native language is, taking a course in medical billing and doing that freelance over the internet ( one of my closest meat life friends does this - works damn hard but can afford to pay the bills and maintain her independence), etc- When they get it - EA gets money because they are first, a Gaming Software company with (somewhat) trained professional programmers and graphics designers- not a amateur CC creator - who figured out how to use Milkshape six months ago (this describes me except learning now- but Sailfin Sims is a FREE site as is S2A) - Which means for those who choose to purchase the games legally and/or new- EA minimally (and I mean really minimally e.g. Suckurom etc) earns the money- If I want badly meshed hair and fugly clothes - I will just remove my downloads file rather than buy stuff from any paysite

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: