PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:38:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  NEVAR FORGET! BLUESOUP HAS FAILED US DAY 2009 COMING SOON!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NEVAR FORGET! BLUESOUP HAS FAILED US DAY 2009 COMING SOON!  (Read 44795 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: NEVAR FORGET! BLUESOUP HAS FAILED US DAY 2009 COMING SOON!
« Reply #45 on: 2009 March 17, 17:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, I'm the one that said earlier that if you had your way there would be no forum and no booty and apparently, I was incorrect. 

That is true.  There would just be no phorum. 

I have never posted an official apology anywhere, this is true.  I tend to not post *that much* on forums at all anymore, except to try and help.

I have seen your help over at MATY, calling people stupid and here, accusing people of modding-while you try to mod.  Thanks, but I will skip any help from you.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 March 17, 18:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true.  There would just be no phorum.

Right.  I stick by that.  When the phorum first started, it was a cesspool of stupidity.  There was a lot of cool people, but the rest were blathering idiots who would spam up the forum as fast as they could.  I started up a different forum which was also pretty cool, but when I left the Sims community (aka "Souped" Tongue), I deleted it rather than let Pescado take control of it.

I have seen your help over at MATY, calling people stupid and here, accusing people of modding-while you try to mod.  Thanks, but I will skip any help from you.

You should see all the people I *don't* call stupid, people who truly deserve it!  Besides, that's MATY, where people expect it. 

As for calling people on trying to mini-mod - hey, I calls it like I see it. There was no need for anyone to get all foul-mouthed and defensive about it.  The thing is, I actually have always quite liked Darqstar, from the BBS to her TSR days to here.  My poking her about being a mini-mod was exactly that - poking her.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 17, 18:37:18 by BlueSoup » Logged
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 March 17, 19:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I have this feeling that I'm supposed to pretend I don't see this.  But, I always suck at pretending I don't see when people are talking about me. 

As for calling people on trying to mini-mod - hey, I calls it like I see it. There was no need for anyone to get all foul-mouthed and defensive about it. 

Yes, I admit, I used the term, "For Fuck's sake."  Considering some of the other language I've seen on this forum, that's pretty mild.  Please don't make it sound like I went on a screaming rampage, using every swear and worse in every sentence. 

However, I still stick by the idea that the question put in its own thread was stupid.  "Why can't I get to the Sims graveyard?"   Since when are we in charge of the graveyard?  It wasn't about paysites, it wasn't about this site, it was about a site that is not related to us at all.  The question could and should have gone into the "Ask a pirate."  Also, the graveyard was working just fine, the person just didn't have the correct link.  Honest mistake, yes, which is why I didn't cat macro them, or yell, I used the word "might."  It wasn't clear attention whoring, but it was pretty, "I'm too lazy to look around, I'm gonna just make a thread to ask this!"  No, it's not a crime to make new threads, but it is usually frowned upon for new people to come in and make a thread over something that could have easily gone into another thread.

I did not leap on, as many others have, and catmacro the person, nor did I tell them they were an idiot.  What I said was "The next time you might want to put this in Ask a Pirate, thanks."   I did that in part hoping people wouldn't come on and start macro-ing this person to death, or yelling about starting a new thread for a stupid reason.  The same day, I had defended someone for being new and starting a new thread when Nightmare/Sblade tried to call them on that with a link to the FAQ, so it isn't that I was on a godmod trip.   I also didn't get on Mr. Pew's case when he started a thread that was barely legible.  I did "translate" it, but in all honesty, it was hard to read.  But I didn't tell them they were an idiot, or insult them at all.  I even admitted that I used to write like that too. 

I still do not see how using the term "Might" in any way is demanding anything.  "Might" isn't even saying, "You should have."  It's saying "Might."  As in "Maybe next time, if you remember, you might decide to put this in a more appropriate place." 

Then, after my Foul Mouth rant, consisting of the word "fuck" once, maybe twice (I might have tossed in a "Got any other fucking problems?" I don't remember, and I also hadn't screen capped it) you come back about how you had to talk to Pescado about me.  Like it or not, it came across like, "I am BACK this is MY FORUM and I'm in tight with Pescado, so you'd better toe MY line here." 

Then, the thread was erased, before I could respond, which was basically to tell you that I didn't see where "might" was being so cruel and demanding.  I'm actually glad the thread got erased, because it was getting stupid on both of our parts.  The OP wasn't even upset with what I had said. 

The thing is, I actually have always quite liked Darqstar, from the BBS to her TSR days to here.  My poking her about being a mini-mod was exactly that - poking her.

I don't really feel like I've gotten the chance to know you to judge for anything.   My opinion before that incident was "I wasn't here when you "souped" so I couldn't hold it against you.  I still do not hold the attempt to burn down the forum against you, again, because I wasn't here except in a minor lurking roll.  I did like your letter that you put on the BBS, and I suggested you snail mail it.  I don't have a hate-on for you, but that "poke" you took did not sit very well with me. 

Like it or not, you can't expect to come back here and be treated exactly like anyone else who was here before, left, and came back. Like it or not, you were the founder of this place and like it or not, you tried to burn it.  Those incidents are going to color everything you do here.   Had you been anyone else that was here before and left, I would have probably poked you back.  But you used to be the boss and you came at me looking like you were the boss again.  What you saw as probably nothing more than a mild poke, I saw as, "I used to run this forum, and I'm BAAAACK!"

But, it's over, it's done and I don't care anymore.  Yes, I'm planning on burning your Sim today, but it's a Sim and it's not personal, it's because I enjoy burning Sims and it's nice to have an excuse to do it.  Usually I'm too kind to my Sims.  As far as I'm concerned, you don't owe me an apology for what you did to the forum, again, because I wasn't here then.  That's something you have to settle with those who were.  And I'm willing to take the other incident between you and me as we both misunderstood where the other was coming from, no harm, no foul. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 March 17, 19:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so anyone watching doesn't think I'm not going to bother to reply, I took it to PM with Darqstar.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 March 17, 19:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should make effigies of ourselves and burn them too. I think I'll burn a few Ooglafinas.
BlueSoup
Fat Head
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 March 17, 19:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problem with people burning my Sim in effigy for my souping from booty duties and even for my attempting to burn the phorum down two months before that.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't owe me an apology for what you did to the forum, again, because I wasn't here then.  That's something you have to settle with those who were.

There were a lot of lies spread about me after I souped.  Unfortunately, some will choose to believe them no matter what I say, and others either don't care or believe me when I say the opposite is true.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 March 17, 23:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEVAR FORGET!

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 March 17, 23:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the bearded lady in that shot. Why didn't I think of magic? Argh.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 March 18, 00:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you use the MATY crew in a macro you're posting here at PMBD, Pescado? She didn't delete MATY, so use folk that it actually affected. Dur de dur! Tongue

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 March 18, 00:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does imply a certain laziness (oh, the horror!!!!) to use Awesomeland bluesoup torture in here. We needz moar piratey bluesoup torture.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2009 March 18, 00:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't really have a self-sim still.  So no one can burn me or use me in a macro.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 March 18, 00:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the self-sim that was made for you... Grin

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
arrrohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 March 18, 01:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.  I stick by that.  When the phorum first started, it was a cesspool of stupidity. 

Are you suggesting that it is something more than a cesspool of stupidity now? LMAO.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2009 March 18, 01:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the self-sim that was made for you... Grin

Wasn't finished.  Doesn't look like me.  It needs tweaking.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 March 18, 01:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you use the MATY crew in a macro you're posting here at PMBD, Pescado? She didn't delete MATY, so use folk that it actually affected. Dur de dur! Tongue
Beardlyfunke was original PMBD staff, so PMBD is duly represented in the soup-burnings.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: