PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:53:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite: Architecture Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite: Architecture Sims  (Read 30579 times)
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: New Paysite: Architecture Sims
« Reply #45 on: 2009 March 10, 05:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I get the impression Nightmare was trying to jump on the bandwagon of going after new threads by using the FAQ as a means to put someone in his/her place - nevermind the recent discussions about being gentler about the FAQ, and only using that as a shootdown after it is a gross misuse of starting a new thread.  I have really appreciated the discussion in this thread, as opposed to general attacks on a new poster/new topic.   Smiley  Plus, I do find it interesting to note that new paysites are popping up this late in the game.  I wonder if economic downturns are going to feed into this trend.
I_luv_the_booty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 March 10, 06:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I get the impression Nightmare was trying to jump on the bandwagon of going after new threads by using the FAQ as a means to put someone in his/her place - nevermind the recent discussions about being gentler about the FAQ, and only using that as a shootdown after it is a gross misuse of starting a new thread.  I have really appreciated the discussion in this thread, as opposed to general attacks on a new poster/new topic.   Smiley  Plus, I do find it interesting to note that new paysites are popping up this late in the game.  I wonder if economic downturns are going to feed into this trend.

I agree!
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2009 March 10, 09:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you are gonna open a new thread every new paysite? fine. I´m looking forward to Sims 3 ´s launch if it can be modded  Grin

Dusdeedawn, I´m representative of 2 lawsuits, aside of being the techie assistant. I run 2 forums and I help greatly in another 2. Aside from that I have my own www.cae.net branch.

What are you representative of, sucker?

Die! Securom! Die!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 March 10, 09:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant representative of all of us here. Single me out all you want, you're still a stupid git.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Nightmare
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2009 March 10, 10:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant representative of all of us here. Single me out all you want, you're still a stupid git.

Neither want, neither cares. Be more explicit next time. I´m happy of not being representative of you.

Byez, enough with those 5 minutes of my time.

Die! Securom! Die!
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2009 March 10, 10:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look Nightmare seriously, we get it that you're doing your bit to fight the evil empire that is EA, this doesn't mean you get special priviledges here or get to barge in after a lenghty absence and set the rules. We are self moderated and do not appreciate people acting like they're special snowflakes who know the ins and outs.

Again I respect you for your fight against EA but attacking random forum members like dusdeedawn and nixy for no apparent reason does not compute. Everyone of us here contributes in their own way, please do not belittle people.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Nightmare
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2009 March 10, 12:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look Nightmare seriously, we get it that you're doing your bit to fight the evil empire that is EA, this doesn't mean you get special priviledges here or get to barge in after a lenghty absence and set the rules. We are self moderated and do not appreciate people acting like they're special snowflakes who know the ins and outs.
I can agree with that.

Again I respect you for your fight against EA but attacking random forum members like dusdeedawn and nixy for no apparent reason does not compute. Everyone of us here contributes in their own way, please do not belittle people.

If there´s no current general thread for pointing new paysites, there should be one. This new opening of threads every new paysite seems like shameless subtle payshit advertising in my book.

That said I get the point it isn´t the point of view ot the majority. So I´ll move along now.

Die! Securom! Die!
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 March 10, 15:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even if you did think that new threads were advertising paysites doesn't mean that your opinion alone is required to shut down a thread. You may be the moderator of other forums, but that doesn't give you any special priviledges anywhere else.

And as for advertising paysites. That sounds dumb to me. The point in listing it isn't so that we can all go over there and download the guy's crap. It's so that people can be aware of how the paysite demographic is changing. Growing or shrinking. They report when people go free, so why shouldn't they report when people go pay.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 March 10, 16:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And besides, how many of us are going to go over to a new paysites and go gaga over all the stuff? All most of us will do it go look, see the crap, then talk about how bad and/or stupid the site it.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2009 March 10, 16:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only went to see if anything of mine had ended up there, when someone mentioned other people's meshes - false alarm, but I do like to make sure someone isn't selling my stuff.  And some of my stuff is architectural in nature.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2009 March 10, 17:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there´s no current general thread for pointing new paysites, there should be one. This new opening of threads every new paysite seems like shameless subtle payshit advertising in my book.

Which is why I suggested that there be one in my initial post. If you'd actually read the few sentences I posted, I have a hard time seeing how you'd come up with it being paysite pimpage. I don't want to see a new thread for each new paysite, either. However, if you were to check back through the forum, you'd see that I posted in keeping with previous, non-contentious announcements of new paycrap vendors. Regardless of what valiant efforts you're making elsewhere, you have no authority here, the FAQ has no bearing on my post, and your peculiar insistence on arguing the superior value of your misinterpretation of my intent has nothing to do with fighting paysites and everything to do with your ego.

BTW, just because I don't post here much, you shouldn't assume that I'm clueless or a noob. I've been a member longer than the vast majority of people who hang out here, you have no idea of my history/involvement behind the scenes, and I am probably not the only person who is interested in destroying paysites who is not compelled to be social about it.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 March 10, 17:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just what he does, Nixy. I'm sure you have seen our issues with him before. He thinks because he does good elsewhere we should all kiss his ass and do what he wants. You didn't do anything wrong, and I personally want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Wink

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 March 10, 18:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yes, this is usually how announcement of this sort are done.  Anyone who thinks that saying "hey, look there is a new paysite that we may need to do something about" on a site about destroying paysites and getting rid of the awful paysite system and mentality, is advertising for that site is ridiculous.  How could the mention of a new paysite here be in anyway promoting it.  Trust me, I doubt the paysites see being mentioned here as free advertising.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 March 10, 22:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightmare, being a big deal (or thinking that you are) in some parts of the internet doesn't make you some kind of great big man who can come in here and lord it over all us little girls. You don't know what any of us have done, sucker. I hope you're gone for real this time, because you're an ass.

nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2009 March 10, 22:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen Nightmare's assiness before, though it took a bit before I could recall exactly which ass he was (oh yeah, that guy - the Self-Aggrandizing Martyr for the Glorious Cause). If I'd connected the screenname with his history here, I probably would have just ignored his stupid FAQ link.

In any case, if it's seen as useful to have a list of paysites, I am not a good choice to maintain it long-term (flakiness, etc.), but I would definitely be willing to contribute to the building of the list.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: