PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:50:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite: Architecture Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite: Architecture Sims  (Read 30588 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
Re: New Paysite: Architecture Sims
« Reply #30 on: 2009 March 10, 00:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how are people going to believe that this site really needs moneyz for bandwidth support when there's so much free hosting alternatives available, kenmtl is my bitch especially since there's like, 5 things on the site...  Lips sealed

Inactive
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 March 10, 00:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

were has this person been? Under a rock? Surly by now they have heard of the booty and realize their crap will end up there. Why would someone even bother? 

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 March 10, 00:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this person has been around the sims block for a while. He has six affiliates already. Blackpearl Sims, Around the Sims, Sims2Play, LocoPlus, SimsDivine, and Simscontrol. I don't think that a person just coming out of the woodwork would be able to manage that much solidarity. Think this could be a known person under an alias?
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 March 10, 01:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, to take this a back to an earlier meander in this thread, how about a general, "New Targets for Destruction" thread?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 March 10, 01:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, to take this a back to an earlier meander in this thread, how about a general, "New Targets for Destruction" thread?

Great suggestion - that way there can be little mistaking someone's intention when posting a site.  While there will always be shite stirrer's and pro pay people in the woodwork, Nightmare's past posts show his penchant for fight and his ignorance, and I personally would love to know when new pays pop up.  I think for our mission here, it's good to track their popularity.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 March 10, 01:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A thread for that purpose would be a great idea kenmtl is a dick head, and I think with as many people coming out of the woodwork to try and milk the franchise in what they perceive as it's last days, we may have quite the list.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 March 10, 01:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a stickied "new paysites" thread is added, should a link to said thread be in the FAQ?

edit: ... with a note that says "check which sites are already in the booty and the new sites thread before posting"?  I know the site nixy linked to wasn't, the note would be for other folks who might want to add sites to the list.

apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 March 10, 01:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's a good idea, as to avoid repeating general info - but just so long as it doesn't discourage discussion about new paysite finds, because I'd like to see more info about what the little guys are doing, not just TSR all the time. 

edit - for clarification - not "finds" as in offerings necessarily, but rather new sites & evildoings by the little guys
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 March 10, 01:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to rain on people's parade, but I do think there was a reason that there wasn't an already stickied paysite list.  I believe the original reasoning was that it was too much like promoting those sites.  You were supposed to post a new thread, we could talk about it for a bit, then let the thread die a natural death.  Then if someone wanted to see if the crew knew about the site they could first check the booty, then do a search of old threads.  That way there's not a big clickable sign saying "Paysites Here!"

If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone whose been here longer will correct me (please use kitty macros!).  Anyways, I don't know if people still see it this way as plenty more people know about the booty and PMBD now and its getting to the point where some of these posts (not this one) are more like fangirl requests rather than people interested in shutting the site down.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
karin hoshi
Landlubber

PMBD =D

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 March 10, 02:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the original reasoning was that it was too much like promoting those sites. 

But then the pure existence of PMBD will be promoting the sites. What's the point of PMBD if the pirates don't know the paysites that must be destroyed?  I thinkit's a good idea to start a thread for new paysite "targets", this way there won't be new threads all the time concerning this and other threads won't be spammed with this info.

Just my thought. Wink
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 March 10, 02:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe the original reasoning was that it was too much like promoting those sites. 

But then the pure existence of PMBD will be promoting the sites. What's the point of PMBD if the pirates don't know the paysites that must be destroyed?  I thinkit's a good idea to start a thread for new paysite "targets", this way there won't be new threads all the time concerning this and other threads won't be spammed with this info.

Just my thought. Wink

I agree with Karin.  I can see where back in the early days, it might have looked like promotion, but I think PMBD is well known enough that a list of pay sites would help us more than harm us.  I've even stumbled onto sites thinking they were okay, then BANG, "Oh shit, here is the donation packs, damn it!"  It might be nice to know the sites to avoid.  Anyone who Paleoanth you're ugly looked at this site as a way to find paysites, really isn't someone we're ever gonna get to see our POV anyway.

Besides, wouldn't most people who came here, possibly go to the site, decide if the stuff is worth it, then wait to see it hit the booty, or offer to help get it into the booty themselves? 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2009 March 10, 03:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to this paysite:
I found it really weird that he had this on his donation page.
Non fixed amount donators will receive a special gift from us, which will not be available to any other type of donation.
WTF? So there will be "unavailables" as well, and its just random? So, you just keep buying the pack until you get the special?

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 March 10, 04:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they mean that you'll get an extra special reward if you pay extra money for a donation set.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 March 10, 04:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they mean that you'll get an extra special reward if you pay extra money for a donation set.

If thats what they mean, then they are even more so stupid then we though.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
pinkyfriend
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 March 10, 04:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nixy, just ignore Nightmare...the rest of us do  Embarrassed

"The internet is like a petri dish...you drop one stupid spore in and it just grows like crazy" - my son
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: