PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:28:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite: Architecture Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite: Architecture Sims  (Read 30581 times)
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
New Paysite: Architecture Sims
« on: 2009 March 09, 17:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Architecture Simsl

The site has scarcely over 200 hits, but he's already got a donation pack with a $10 minimum "donation."

If there's a topic for new paysites, sorry - I couldn't find it. If there isn't such a topic, I'd like to suggest that there be one. I know that I'd find it rather useful to have a stickied post with a list of sites so that if I happen across some stupid payset laying around online, I'll be more likely to remember to nab it for the booty.

Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
Re: New Paysite: Architecture Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 09, 17:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

F.A.Q.

Die! Securom! Die!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 09, 17:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FAQ doesn't forbid starting threads and a thread about a new paysite seems fair to me.  At least it isn't "HI,  I LOVE YOU, WHERE PEGGY HAIR?"  Nixy, I think we talked about this site before, but I'm not sure where.

Above said is:  My opinion only.  Yours may vary. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 09, 17:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to me like direct advertising Ubisoft games on EA front page. My 2c.

Die! Securom! Die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 09, 17:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, just a way of letting us know that we may have another target/opponent to fight and destroy. And the beat goes on...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 09, 17:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an egomaniac. $10 and you don't even have a handful of downloaders yet. I'm sure that money is going for site maintence. Hmph.
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 09, 17:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I searched and did not find anything under either "architecture" and "architecture sims." Very few hits, and none of them pertaining to this particular site.

Also, I'd appreciate some edification as to the reason for the FAQ link. I've read the FAQ before, and I read it again, and there is nothing in there about lists of paysites or why they such lists are or are not appropriate for the phorum. The only thing that seems remotely related is the booty shopping list...but I don't want this shit. When I run across paycrap online (usually on non-US forums), I download it whether I want it or not because 1) it's paycrap and 2) someone else might want it, and I can provide it to the booty and/or SimsCave. If someone actually wants this set, they certainly should post it on the shopping list, but that person is not me.

Since a list of paysites doesn't exist, it's likely that no one but me would find it useful and/or no one wants to maintain it. Fine. It was a suggestion, nothing more.

Advertising? Maybe if I was trying out some sort of dubious reverse-psychology marketing ploy. Where do you see anything resembling a recommendation for the linked site?  I don't post here much, in part because of bullshit like this, but my own (free) site is linked in my sig and that's the only "advertising" I'm doing.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 09, 18:07:05 by nixy » Logged

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 09, 18:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imo, you didn't do anything wrong, nixy. Of course we need links to paysites here, we can't destroy them unless we know they exist. I found Nightmare's linking to the FAQ inappropriate. We are allowed to start threads Roll Eyes.

If you want to make a list of paysites, go ahead. It sounds like work Tongue.

El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 09, 18:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's now a $5 donation from what I saw when I looked it over. Still $5.01 too much for the crapola I saw there. Some of it looks suspiciously like free site meshes that have just been recolored. Imagine my surprise.

The one who angers you, controls you.
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 09, 18:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the OP, this is the right place to post about/bring our attention to new paysites - or at least it was when I registered nearly a year ago.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 09, 18:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I know I've not heard of that site before.  And am not aware of an active look where I found a random payfile thread either.  If you want you could change the title of this thread to look at these random new paysites or something to the same effect, and they could be added to this thread. 

It certainly appears as if they intend to make more paysets as time goes on as well. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 09, 18:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I searched and did not find anything under either "architecture" and "architecture sims." Very few hits, and none of them pertaining to this particular site.

I think you did just fine.  As I said, I believe we talked about it before, but I couldn't link you to where it was, so I'm not going to fault you for starting a new thread.  And, as I said, it was at least a thread that pertained to this site and our ways, not just someone coming on to babble about how awesome we are and what an awesome snowflake they are.  

Also, I'd appreciate some edification as to the reason for the FAQ link. I've read the FAQ before, and I read it again, and there is nothing in there about lists of paysites or why they such lists are or are not appropriate for the phorum. The only thing that seems remotely related is the booty shopping list...but I don't want this shit. When I run across paycrap online (usually on non-US forums), I download it whether I want it or not because 1) it's paycrap and 2) someone else might want it, and I can provide it to the booty and/or SimsCave. If someone actually wants this set, they certainly should post it on the shopping list, but that person is not me.

Since a list of paysites doesn't exist, it's likely that no one but me would find it useful and/or no one wants to maintain it. Fine. It was a suggestion, nothing more.

Again, me personally (and most of the other folks who've weighed in) felt you did fine. One person raised a fuss.  Don't worry about it.  

Nightmare?  I'm not going to go through some big pile of garbage as was gone through the last time you decided to play moderator, I'm not going to be told how special you are, and therefore we have no right to insult you, but I will say that I think you're pushing yourself again.  This site IS called PAYSITES must be destroyed.  Sometimes we have to actually say what those paysites are.  We link to paysites all the time.  The OP didn't say, "Lookie this awesum paysite!"  he/she brought it to our attention.  

And nothing in the FAQ forbids or even indicates that making a new thread to tell us about a Paysite is wrong, or should not be done.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 09, 18:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'd appreciate some edification as to the reason for the FAQ link.

Just to clarify, I am pretty sure that it is not said in the FAQ that you can not make threads like this. News and discussion on paysites are always welcome. It would be...bizarre if information about new paysites can not be posted here, so do not know what Nightmare was getting at there.  Undecided

I recall this site being mentioned before but think that was perhaps in the Talk About Booty thread (?), not in a thread of its own. New sites which start out with donation packs are disappointing. Unfortunately, the Email page is under construction so can not contact the site owner at all.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 09, 18:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, the Email page is under construction so can not contact the site owner at all.

Well, that's unfortunate as well. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 09, 18:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh here we go again Roll Eyes I shall leave Nightmare to those can deal with him better than me Wink

I love the fact this is a new paysite yet some of the links aren't working - I keep getting a 404 error for some of them *facepalm* Paysites = FAIL

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: