PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:36:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New Paysite: Architecture Sims
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Paysite: Architecture Sims  (Read 30577 times)
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: New Paysite: Architecture Sims
« Reply #60 on: 2009 March 10, 23:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be happy to help, although I claim no "special snowflake" knowledge.  *That term totally cracked me up!*

I've been thinking - what would be the point of the list really & why would I like to see it?  I'd be interested in tracking the trending of paysites, because I think it'd be a good measuring stick for what has been accomplished here at PMBD - through the posting of those pay items. 

Should we then, categorize this list - adding sites that have *only pay* items, then those like Liana, that have donation sets?  Or do we find all offenses to be equal? 

Alternatively, do we highlight those paysites that have turned free, even though they are listed on Money Better Spent?

I would at least like to see paysites listed, and when exactly they went pay.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 March 10, 23:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We take offense to any site that has downloads held hostage for money. Donations made to a site to help it along, like what we have here sometimes, and Noukie's site don't say you can't have the goods if you don't pay us first. 

Sooper sekrit downloads available only to donator's are a BIG no-no.  Wink

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 March 10, 23:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough - I agree!   Cheesy

Then would we want to categorize them, simply into one giant list of wankers?

edit - for my own clarification
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 March 10, 23:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I found the booty I also discovered many sites I have never been too. So yes I did go and take a look at them. Realized I was missing nothing. This new site does not grab my interest either. So to me, new threads is not advertising.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 March 11, 00:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By that same token, we already have a list of paysites.  It is called the booty.  http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/.  The only ones we don't have listed are the ones we don't know about.  That is why we usually just post a new thread saying "here is a new one".  Someone checks it out.  Files are gained.  Site is added to existing list (booty).  Nuf said.

edited for misbehaving keyboard.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
apple_snap
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 March 11, 02:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right - my only thinking on it, would be to include ones that have gone out too though - because (and I could always have just missed it somewhere), there doesn't seem to be an easy way to track the good that has been done here, aside from killimark threads. 

No biggie - I'm not married to the idea or anything, just thought that with current talk of waning support for us, it might encourage more pirates (esp. new ones), by seeing what has been accomplished, because not everyone who comes here is looking at the cause, vs. "Yay, I can get stuff for free" or "Eh, I'll see what all the fuss is about, but I may not stay".  That's why I wondered about categorizing a list - so new people can see the history of what's gone on here, and the trending patterns. 

But I'd still like discussion about new ones as they pop up too - so either way, s'cool.
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2009 March 11, 05:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny I should come across this now, I was speaking to the owner of Architecturesims the other day, he requested affiliation and I said we only did 100% free sites and as he had a donation set I would have to politely decline the offer.  I had a mail back today saying he's looked into the freesite/paysite debate, didn't want to be part of that, has removed the donation set and could he please be an affiliate now, of course I said yes Cheesy  Seems like a nice guy too, just not aware of other options maybe.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 March 11, 06:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked at the site, and yeah, thats what he says.

About donations:
If you like any or all my creations, please consider donation to  support the site.

Architecture Sims will not be offering any donation packs, from now on, the site is going to be absolutley free.

I will try to not have advertisment on the page, as I don't like it myself, so all donations are welcome, there is no minimum or maximum amount, anything you are willing to donate is welcome.

For secure purposes I will not keep any private information from donators, nor will i EVER provide it to a third party without your concent, lets be clear on this issue.
All of you may wonder why I changed my mind about donations, I've taken this step as I have seen all  around the web the different problems and issues that come with paysites, and I just don't want to be a part of it.

But as you all now, it is time consuming and it has its costs to keep up and run a website.
So any support will be welcome.

If you make a donation, please make it from $2.00 US Dollars and up, as paypal charges a fee for all donations.

Thank you for reading.  And thanks to all donators and supporters.

Thats from the support page there. So I guess its one less site to worry about now.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2009 March 11, 06:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's refreshing to see a consciencious site owner for a change. It looks like he's taking the high road. We should all welcome him.

YAY! Architecture Sims! Grin

My Deviant artwork here.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 March 11, 06:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should all welcome him.

Just as long as we don't get burned like we did when Blacky's Sims2 Zoo said they were going free.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2009 March 11, 06:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. But I do want to encourage him to remain free.

My Deviant artwork here.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 March 11, 09:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, neat. I'm glad that he did a little research into it and that he decided to be free. Here's hoping he stays that way! Shall we be passing around the rum now?

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2009 March 11, 12:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging from some of his comments, he was unaware of some of the normal paysite goings on [like sharing information].  So, I'm going to hope this means he's really and for true a freesite and do much rejoicing.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ShadySentinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 March 19, 22:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurray, he saw the light!
Now if only the links for his object downloads could be fixed...I keep getting the 404 error I saw mentioned back on the first few pages. Tongue

Blowing shit up is easy. Being politically correct is a pain in the ass.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: