PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:43:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sim Smut
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Smut  (Read 46489 times)
Old Enuf
Landlubber

whatever,...

View Profile
Re: Sim Smut
« Reply #75 on: 2009 March 09, 19:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paperbeth, that is a beautiful piece!  I totally agree that you should do your own thing in art.  There is no right way to be artistic, but we all know crap when we see it.  I took some of my practice sketches (done at work) to show my instructor, when another passed behind and peeped over my shoulder to look at them.  His first comment was "wow, those are wonderful!" Second comment, "are they from life?"  I drew sketches from profession photos of dead famous actors, so NO they're not from life.  I can't have a model standing there in the middle of a rec center lobby posing for a quick sketch.  He just hmpfs and says "oh" and walks off.  This all from a man that draws the same model and her right boob plastered amid basically graffiti in every one of his paintings. Roll Eyes

shh,... hunting rabbits
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2009 March 09, 19:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of you might recognize the mermaid from a Playboy issue featuring Stephanie Seymour. I did draw inspiration from the photo, but I did not trace or project the image onto the paper like many artists will do. I did it entirely by eye.
So, yeah, she (mermaid) is not from life, because there is no way I could afford to get Stephanie Seymour to sit for me. And I don't know any real mermaids either. Wish I did.  Cheesy

Ok, back on topic for a moment. I would love to contribute to the smut project. I can make movies, but I'm not that good at it, however, I am pretty good at creating some fabulous stills. I would love to use a lot of the smutty pay stuff from TSR, proving another point about TSR's hypocracy.
Kill 2 birds with one smutty stone, so to speak.

My Deviant artwork here.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2009 March 09, 19:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say cheesecake in the same vein as Olivia or any of the really good fantasy authors.  Personally I half suspect cheesecake is used because the pictures called such tend to be rather yummy looking.  I'd love to do work like that, but I was a sculpture major - might be why I mesh a bit better than I texture [there is a reason I love repository method Smiley]

And same here, doubt I could make a good movie, but I can do stills all day.  Might even get one of those programs mentioned in ask a pirate for this.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2009 March 09, 20:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually in awe that anyone drew something like that.  It really catches the eye. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 March 09, 20:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I don't know any real mermaids either. Wish I did.  Cheesy

If you did, you would be my daughters hero. She loves nothing more than mermaids.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: 2009 March 09, 20:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought,
If anyone would like to make my mermaid into deco art for sims, please do. I think she would fit nicely on the 'lady in red'.
Let me know if you do, and, of course, make it a free file. That's all I ask.  Grin

And I don't know any real mermaids either. Wish I did.  Cheesy

If you did, you would be my daughters hero. She loves nothing more than mermaids.

I have a life-long fascination with mermaids as well.

My Deviant artwork here.
elencha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 March 09, 21:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I go to work for one lousy day and miss an art show! She is absolutely beautiful, Paperbeth. I think she'd make a beautiful painting, if I remember how to do it I'll make it myself.

Anybody who wants to make movies or stills, I'd be more than happy to point you at the hacks I use.

Edited to correct spelling
« Last Edit: 2009 March 09, 21:18:19 by elencha » Logged

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2009 March 09, 22:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paper Beth - if you want, I could make it work with the painted by sims paintings - I'd need to trim the sides a tiny bit I think, but I think the lady in red is more square.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
elencha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 March 09, 22:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoo Ha!! It worked... I made it as a recolo9r of the Lady in Red painting as Paperbeth suggested. I even made a screenshot in case you want to post it in the Look what I made thread so there can be much om nomming...

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1adc33c2d422c31b67cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871

Here's the Mediafire link.

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2009 March 09, 23:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I have no idea how to make custom content, except clothes. I think meshing is done with magic, so however you think is best.

edit: Wow! That was fast elencha.  Shocked

My Deviant artwork here.
elencha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 March 09, 23:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent you a PM with the picture, Paperbeth. and the package file. You did the artwork, it is yours to post and brag about. I just slapped it in a frame.

Edit: OOPS!! Didn't mean to double post... It's sickeningly easy with SimPE, takes about forty seconds. Wink

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 March 09, 23:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread today and discovered paperbeth's fantastic representation of a happily stacked mermaid sunning herself in the surf. Why was I surprised? I'll show you -

It's called Cheesecake Floats.  Please note the date.

I'm sorry, paperbeth, but my attorney (Trey something) will be contacting you. In the meantime, I would suggest you refrain from displaying "your" mermaid picture on any more forums.
elencha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 March 09, 23:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO There's only one Snarky... You want me to throw your mermaid in a frame too? Cheesy

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2009 March 10, 00:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, paperbeth, but my attorney (Trey something) will be contacting you. In the meantime, I would suggest you refrain from displaying "your" mermaid picture on any more forums.

I love the captions with arrows pointing, very 'Demitri Martin'.

My Deviant artwork here.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 March 10, 00:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: elencha
You want me to throw your mermaid in a frame too?

No. I will sue the pants off of anyone (else) who makes an(other) unauthorized reproduction of Cheesecake Floats. I am an artiste and you have deeply offended my sensibilities.

I love the captions with arrows pointing, very 'Demitri Martin'.

Yes, Demi is an inspiration to all us artistes. I too love his-or-her use of pointy arrows (even though I'm pretty sure he-or-she stole that idea from me).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: