PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:26:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Sim Smut
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Smut  (Read 46472 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Sim Smut
« Reply #60 on: 2009 March 09, 01:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Watchmen was very graphic. Pushes the R rating to the limit. I wouldn't take any kids to see it period. I went with my adult son and I felt like covering his eyes.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2009 March 09, 01:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the rant did include that it was graphic for an R.  I guess I should read the graphic novel before next week, when everyone wants to go see it.  Thing is, I figure the parents couldn't get a sitter and couldn't just wait for the DVD when they could watch it after their kids went to sleep.  Instead they had to drag their kids along to see the movie, without caring what it could do to the kids.

Me, if I had kids, I'd either get a sitter, or just wait [not big on theatres anyway, least for movies].  And certainly not take my kids to an r-movie.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 March 09, 01:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomeness! He is just the sort of skanky I wanted! Thanks Kenmtl! Cheesy

ETA: Link to my http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1adc33c2d422c31b67cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871 which admittedly sucks.

Downloaded. I'll see what I can do with it over the next week or so. Hopefully, I'll have something ready by Friday. I kind of get the feeling that it might be best to edit this in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep.  Cheesy

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2009 March 09, 03:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the topic of cheesecake. Everytime I hear that word, I think about one of my drawings from college. My professor called it cheesecake, and I was so insulted. Though nowadays, looking back, I can see what he meant. Anyway, here is an example of cheesecake, drawn by yours truly.
http://paperbeth.deviantart.com/art/Mermaid-requested-47335759

My Deviant artwork here.
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 March 09, 05:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I had that kind of talent. *pets screen*

Come visit Sammytopia
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 March 09, 05:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the topic of cheesecake. Everytime I hear that word, I think about one of my drawings from college. My professor called it cheesecake, and I was so insulted. Though nowadays, looking back, I can see what he meant. Anyway, here is an example of cheesecake, drawn by yours truly.

It says I have to be a member to view. Any chance of uploading to Photo Bucket or some similar site?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2009 March 09, 05:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says I have to be a member to view. Any chance of uploading to Photo Bucket or some similar site?

As requested:

My Deviant artwork here.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 March 09, 07:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0.0 very nice. You have lots of talent. Thanks for posting.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 March 09, 15:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As requested:

*Beautiful picture of Mermaid snipped*

Wow, that's good.  I wouldn't have called it Cheesecake, it looks to me like something a mermaid (were they real) would do, like a natural pose.  When I think of cheesecake, I think of a pose that isn't quite natural, Paleoanth you're ugly, and a "come hither" look in the eyes of the subject. 

Reason for Edit:  To snip out the picture. As pretty as it is, we don't need to see it twice.   Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 March 09, 16:49:40 by Darqstar » Logged

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
neo-patriot
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 March 09, 16:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That mermaid is gorgeous and unlike any other depiction of a mermaid I've seen. Nice colors, too. Different from the usual aqua colors artists usually use.

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2009 March 09, 18:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the kind comments on the mermaid.
I spent over a year drawing it. It's actually quite large, poster size. So when my professor called it cheesecake, I was very discouraged. I majored in art in college, but it seemed to me that the establishment only wanted to promote abstract art (which I hate). They literally had garbage hanging from a tree on campus, and they called it art. The top entry in the campus art magazine was a piece of canvas with black, white and grey paint splotched on it in no particular form. It was total shit. Meanwhile, I was being told that my drawings were merely cheesecake illustrations and not real art. I dropped out after failing drawing 101 three times. The damn dean wouldn't even take a look at my portfolio, so I couldn't clep out of 101.
My advise, if you want to be a traditional artist, don't go to art school. Just do your own thing and don't worry about what the art snobs say. I had to learn that lesson the hard-headed way.

Again, many thanks to all who commented.

My Deviant artwork here.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 March 09, 18:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paperbeth, I can't draw a straight line without a ruler, but I did have several artist friends growing up.  Four of them went onto various art schools, one to RI school of Design, which is supposed to be very muckity muck, like a Harvard of Art schools.

The only thing I could see that art school did for any of the four, was to make them suddenly unable to do anything unless "inspired."  I ran a desktop publishing sort-of thing  (Fanzines and the like) and before art school I could ask them for illustrations and they would pump them out for me.  Good stuff, well done, and done quickly.  If I could pay them 25 bucks or so, they were thrilled to pieces, but even free advertising, listing their address, was more than enough.

After art school, I'd ask them and they would say, "Okay."  And six months later, I'd be going, "Well, are you done?" And I'd get how uninspired they were, how bored life was to them, blah blah blah.  And suddenly, twenty five dollars and free advertising was just not going to cut it.  "My art professor told me that I should get at least 500 dollars for a basic pencil sketch." 

I would have understood a raise in fee, were they working as real artists, but this would come from people who hadn't graduated, or had just graduated and were working at jobs like assistant manager at McDonalds. 

I soon concluded that art school is one of the few places to train where I feel they actually discourage talent and encourage people to act like whiny little Emo babies who should have the world handed to them, just because they have talent.

So, I'm not at all surprised at what happened to you in college.  And again, I don't think there is anything even remotely cheesecake about that drawing. It looks like a natural pose.  I don't look at that and get any "C'mere big boy," feeling that I usually get with cheesecake.  And I happen to like cheesecake pictures, I think it's an interesting part of our history.  I like the male for female version, Beefcake too, but it's harder to find.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 March 09, 19:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's beautiful. She looks like she is stretching out, very relaxed. My husband also dropped out of art school, they just didn't think he was very good because he didn't draw things they way they wanted him too.  Roll Eyes I think you are doing great!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 March 09, 19:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are quite talented!  Tongue I know what ya mean about P.o.s being passed off as art.  I love my son, but I don't want to see shit that looks like he drew it plastered as "Fine Art," usually with the hefty sale price attached.  Wink (he's 19 months btw lol) Anyways, thanks for sharing your art!

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2009 March 09, 19:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your welcome and thank you.
Your comments are giving me a warm fuzzy feeling. Grin

See, now I don't understand why some people seem to think the pirates are all so mean to everyone.
I guess being blunt or honest is missinterpreted as being mean. But I like knowing that if you all thought the mermaid sucked, you would tell me. Therefore, your positive feedback means that much more to me.

My Deviant artwork here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: