PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:42:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 193066 times)
chann
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #600 on: 2009 March 28, 11:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the "non-commercial use" and "Commercial use of this Software is prohibited" restrictions in Part 1A?

PAYSITES EUNT DOMUS
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2009 March 28, 12:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is only when you upload somewhere that EA can control. Through the sims3spywarecommunism manager Wink Now all they have to do is forbid content from actual fansites outside of EA's 'approved' list, and THEN you can transfer this to any and all custom content.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 28, 19:30:28 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2009 March 28, 12:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya exactly Nouk, they seem to be taking a stand on their own doorstep only. They don't say anything about content not funnelled through their spyware.

I'm curious as what exactly what this content is to which they are referring. Is that an admission that CC is going to be doable or simply referring to stuff created with the tools included with the game. *yawns*. If so why are they referring to third party trademark protection. That in itself assumes the importation into the game of something from the outside world. It seems an odd statement to me.

In any case third party fansites and content distribution isn't referred to all, so it's somewhat of a non-stand stand.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2009 March 28, 12:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the lack of any actual game or tools, with this being only a first draft, it is hard to say.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: 2009 March 28, 13:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe its just a case of EA trying to cover its fat pimply arse in case anyone doesmanage to devise a way of creating CC for the game. Huh

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2009 March 28, 15:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part 1-E seems to disagree with the BBS sheeple about the fact that the ads have not been removed at all.  Does anyone remember whether only the sheep were saying that or did a Maxoid confirm no ads?  (I would rather not go back there and check).  I thought, though I could be wrong, that someone over there said that someone from EA had confirmed no ads in game but according to this ELUA there will be ads that phone home.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2009 March 28, 16:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part 1-E seems to disagree with the BBS sheeple about the fact that the ads have not been removed at all.  Does anyone remember whether only the sheep were saying that or did a Maxoid confirm no ads?  (I would rather not go back there and check).  I thought, though I could be wrong, that someone over there said that someone from EA had confirmed no ads in game but according to this ELUA there will be ads that phone home.

Someone who was at the creator camp said they heard there would be no ads.  But Pescado said that his sources said there would be, they just weren't talking about it, because people bitched too much.  ("If we don't mention it, they won't notice it!")  If that's true, once again, EA is assuming we have the brains of a dust bunny.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: 2009 March 28, 19:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welp, guess I won't be buying it then.  No securom, but full price for a game with ads?  Not happening.  They get ad revenue, I get my game for free - greedy bastards.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2009 March 28, 19:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone who was at the creator camp said they heard there would be no ads.  But Pescado said that his sources said there would be, they just weren't talking about it, because people bitched too much.  ("If we don't mention it, they won't notice it!")  If that's true, once again, EA is assuming we have the brains of a dust bunny.

They told at least a couple people at the creator camp that there would be no ads. However, the EAxoids who talked to people at the creator camp were not Rod Humble level. I think the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at EA, and I think the game will have ads.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2009 March 28, 20:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that someone was talking about it in the "no securom" thread at the bbs.  I thought it was that recent and that it was the sheep saying something along the lines of "Yea!!! See everyone freaked out for nothing.  The benevolent EA, in all its glorious wisdom, has listened to our concerns and have banished the ads and Securom so everyone can stop badmouthing EA now and go back to bending over"  You know, something like that.  I may have to venture over and check it out.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2009 March 28, 21:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is politics. Tell people you'll raise income taxes, tax fuel more highly, and pretend to want to raise taxes on sigarettes and alcohol with 40%.
Then wait a couple of weeks. Then say you will forget about the taxes on sigs and alcohol. Then people will feel accomplished that their complaining has had an effect. And you get what you initially wanted without much fuss: higher income tax, higher fuel tax.

Inactive
br_fl
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2009 March 29, 16:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I'm not the only person who caught on to EA's political tactics. They do that with everything they announce. "We have stuff packs!" Some sheeple get angry, thinking this is the end of free EA content then later forgot. Then EA says "Look at our Sims Store! Give us your moniez!" Sheeple get angry, saying this is the end of free content, stuff packs are the best, and EA is money grubbing. Same cycle can somewhat apply to suckuROM. Wouldn't be surprise if they did the same with ads in game. EA has always been the same and it won't surprise me when EA starts charging players to pay for their own Sim's items, property, and clothes within the game.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: 2009 March 29, 16:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I was going to say that no, once they were a decent company, but...there was a bug with the Lotr game they put out about 15 years ago, now, I think.  To get out of Moria there was supposed to be a y/n bubble to let you know to hit y or n to get out - wasn't there.  And they charged me to call and it took them forever to go, 'Oh, just hit 'y' to get unstuck.

But, I still object to paying for SPs and I still object paying for sims store crap.  The days when they would give -good- quality stuff away for free has been replaced with selling garbage.

www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2009 March 29, 17:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And we can thank TSR for that.  TSR and all paysites that showed EA games that Custom Content for Sims = $$.   I'm waiting for them to just change the name to $ims! 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: 2009 March 29, 21:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, it seems a FA from TSR, one of the ones who posted about the 'clarification' and how it meant we had to respect pay artists' work too, has been caught stealing a free artist's mesh complete with the uv mapping. 

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: