PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 23:01:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 193158 times)
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #510 on: 2009 March 15, 06:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do halfway decent houses though. It's just that I use so much CC in designing them that I don't feel right putting them up anywhere. 

Scurvy, thats why when I know I'm going to upload a house, I turn off cc and use EA content only, that way I don't have to worry about trying to figure who made what and if it breaks their TOU.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2009 March 15, 17:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that, but sometimes the house just wouldn't work right with EA stuff only.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: 2009 March 15, 17:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, if you use mostly stuff from mts for your house and upload there, it keeps track of who made what.  And if you mostly stick to stuff that's got a friendly tou, then its not a problem there either.

That's how I handle it, because I -like- showcasing other people's stuff.  Partially because it makes me get happy to see other people use my stuff for uploads, and partially because it seems a good way to give back to the community.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2009 March 15, 18:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I have with houses that are stuffed with CC, is that it really bulks out the file. 

If you turn off the CC in the game, will that even turn off the hacks?   

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: 2009 March 15, 20:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should - and for myself, I usually only use a little bit of CC - a few favorite pieces I think make the house look the way I want it.  And its just as easy to not include it in the file, and just tell people they need to grab it themselves - that way if they already have it, they don't get duplicates....

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Enne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2009 March 15, 20:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've spent some time following threads here, reading Coconut's blog, poking about through other sites - heck, I even combed through TSR to see if they had any information other than "shiny happy people" (they didn't) - and I've come to a conclusion most of you already reached quite some time ago: EA and TSR just don't care.

They don't care about the rules, about what's right, or about any of the people who actually play the game, buy the subscriptions, and make up the community.  This doesn't surprise me about TSR; they've edited my posts in their forums (all two of them - I refuse to be active on a forum that slashes your posts and refuses to tell you why), the quality of their downloads is crap, and the few that I did like enough to dl looked nothing like the preview pictures and/or borked my game.  Once Aikea Guinea and Gelydh left, I had no reason to subscribe.  (I really wish I knew about the booty long ago!)

EA is what really surprised me.  I hadn't paid much attention when The Sims was no longer Maxis-owned.  Heck, I still called it Maxis up until a couple weeks ago.  But the things EA has been doing...  Okay, their little 'anti-piracy' program annoyed me, but it seemed on par with all the piracy overreaction that seemed to be going on everywhere.  But the setup for their games, not allowing you to install it more than a set number of times, that really ticked me off.  I said never mind to Spore.  They're getting flooded by angry customers over the paysite issue, among many other things, and they have no response to it at all (I'll change that when a person higher up than some board moderator says something).  So they ignore customers completely - getting me angrier. 

And now they (possibly - probably?) want to prevent players from making custom content for TS3?!  Don't they realise that cc is the primary reason a heck of a lot of people even play the stupid game?  I've been more and more annoyed with the borked-ness of the EPs, but I pop over to MTS2 or, more recently, WickedNouk sites, and find nifty content that I simply must have.  And then I play again, with Pescado's hacks to fix the more broken/obnoxious aspects.

I'm not buying TS3.  I've been on the fence about this for a while, but I'm just so disgusted with EA and TSR - the latter for manipulating and screwing over the community and making all this drama in the first place, and the former for ignoring the community and encouraging the money-grubbing drama whores.

All right, I'm way past tl;dr right now, so I'm just gonna /rant and make a sammich or something.  Thank you for your time.  Feel free to throw cats if necessary.  Or if bored.  I like cats...
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2009 March 15, 21:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I like cats too and you pretty much summed up my feelings on the subject. I was on the fence about TS3 too and I'm really disappointed that I won't get it. But buying sims games is a thing I used to look forward too and they've just ruined it. With Sims 1 every pack had some interesting and cool new aspects. Now they are just excuses to sell another sims theme for $20-$30. I kept buying the next one hoping to find them as interesting as before but...

Here's a cute cat for you -

Mr Pew
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2009 March 16, 05:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this MaxoidDrea the same MaxoidMonkey that occasional posts some pretty bland uploads at the exchange?

I gather she works for EA, so apart from kneeling in front of Thomas, just what official position does she hold with EA?

I am being serious this time, I really don't know.
piragroupie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2009 March 16, 09:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this MaxoidDrea the same MaxoidMonkey that occasional posts some pretty bland uploads at the exchange?

I gather she works for EA, so apart from kneeling in front of Thomas, just what official position does she hold with EA?

I am being serious this time, I really don't know.

No it is not. MaxoidMonkey is a different maxoid (EA employee for the sims2website) that would post FREE objects that would fit in with the maxis themes and and complement the games, also some objects that were later included in stuffpacks/expansions were posted.  MaxoidDrea being the selfish corrupt TSR asskisser bottomfeeder would never be so generous; and if Im not mistaken she has not contributed anything useful at all the entire time she has worked as a maxoid. From her sim profile page she has been around since 2005.  Maxoidmonkey who has been around since 2004 has sadly not been around in some time and is missed.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2009 March 16, 14:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drea is the website manager. She and the webteam are in charge of keeping the website running, the forums clean (*cough*) and, now, working on the Sims 3 website to get it ready for Sims 3's launch.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Mr Pew
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2009 March 16, 22:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The light is getting brighter.TSR claims 2.18 million members and growing, we are talking serious cash there. So getting back to Drea, as well as the position I already hinted at, I would assume there are several others.
If you take the numbers that subscribe to TSR, add that with the number of sheep out there that throw their cash at Peggy and the rest, assuming that EA wants a share of the action is not unreasonable. Hence Drea and her interpretation of the EULA.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2009 March 18, 09:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only give you what I have, which is that the Soup was complaining today that her petition had been haxxored and all the names and emails deleted. I asked, "was it TSR?" and she said "Maybe."

There followed some discussion of my wisdom in giving her only a faek name.

I read this over at Maty. I'm glad that I didn't sign the petition with my real name and email.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: 2009 March 18, 09:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked and it is closed for new sigs.  But the page does say there are 624 signers.  How can you hack and online petition?

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2009 March 18, 09:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea. I hope it's just a rumor. Maybe Bluesoup will see this and let us know.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2009 March 18, 12:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, if it's true it wouldn't surprise me. Cheesy

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: