PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:03:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190881 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #495 on: 2009 March 12, 10:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I'm not even sure that was a real EAxoid Drea. I think it was an impostor, as the email format does not match the EAxis corporate format. I know what EAxoidDrea's real email is, and that ain't it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 March 12, 11:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could also have been in response to the BBSer's.  They were very vocal and accusatory of her being influenced by others or maybe speaking on behalf of TSR.  There were many threads that could have caused that sort of reaction. Not to say she doesn't hang here though.  She has been known to be at Maty so why not here.

Besides being popular with attention seeking FA's (like you, DOT) who don't care what's being said about them as long as something is being said about them, PMBD is also the place to go to be down with the down and in. But I look forward to Drea's next addendum which will, no doubt, clarify the matter.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009 March 12, 13:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sick to death of EA and I'm not spending another penny on their products. I don't have 3 of the SP and if I want them I'll get them used on Amazon so that my money won't go to the corporation.

Stuff packs are not worth wasting money on, even if its used. Remember where you ARR. Unless you're not into that sort of thing. I got them because there were some nom nomable lots on MTS2 that required them.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2009 March 12, 13:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I look forward to Drea's next addendum which will, no doubt, clarify the matter.

You owe me a new keyboard.  Mine is now dripping with tea. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2009 March 12, 17:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sick to death of EA and I'm not spending another penny on their products. I don't have 3 of the SP and if I want them I'll get them used on Amazon so that my money won't go to the corporation.

Stuff packs are not worth wasting money on, even if its used. Remember where you ARR. Unless you're not into that sort of thing. I got them because there were some nom nomable lots on MTS2 that required them.

I don't think I will want them anyway. I only got the ones I have for meshes for AAS clothes that I wanted. I am morally opposed to them, but I get them Sims longing sometimes and breakdown.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that was a real EAxoid Drea. I think it was an impostor, as the email format does not match the EAxis corporate format. I know what EAxoidDrea's real email is, and that ain't it.

Could Drea have a not-so-secret email? Maybe she wants it look like an imposter or something. But that doesn't make sense. If didn't want people to know it was her she could have made an anonymous account with yahoo.
Borkedforlife
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 2009 March 14, 23:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the BBS (aka not knowing where to post this), they are looking to add new asses to their staff:

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=4f2e00a3bceccfdc0eefd5eefe46abde&directoryID=2&startRow=1&openItemID=item.2,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.23
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: 2009 March 14, 23:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skills required:
· Extensive knowledge of Maya is essential as well as skills in Photoshop.
· The ability and willingness to work in a fast paced environment.
· Attention to detail.
· Good interpersonal skills.

Notice there is no mention of artistic talent as a requirement. I think my total lack of interpersonal skills would prevent me from doing that job. Wouldn't want it anyway.

My Deviant artwork here.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: 2009 March 14, 23:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they are assuming that knowing how to use photoshop includes talent?  And honestly, telecommuting would work just fine, so why do folks have to be local?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009 March 15, 00:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they are assuming that knowing how to use photoshop includes talent?  And honestly, telecommuting would work just fine, so why do folks have to be local?

It's hard to brainwash from a distance. 

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 March 15, 00:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome to TS3sweatshopStore!

Inactive
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2009 March 15, 00:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I'm in the bay area. That's commutable. However, I have zero knowledge of Maya, so becoming a piratey spy wouldn't work for me.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 March 15, 00:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy I'm in the bay area. That's commutable. However, I have zero knowledge of Maya, so becoming a piratey spy wouldn't work for me.

They'd probably want to do a full check on you anyway, to make sure you weren't a pirate spy, because  you know, TSR might get mad if  a pirate was hired.  And TSR makes the bribes rules. 

ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009 March 15, 01:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think that we'll hear a big announcement in a few weeks from TSR saying that DOT and Padre are new EA employees?
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #508 on: 2009 March 15, 01:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its temp work though - only for a week or so.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009 March 15, 05:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Maya once.  I was able to finish the tutorial dome thingie on pillars, but the person who wrote the tutorial assumed that I would remember High School geometry and was sadly mistaken.  I probably forgot everything I learned within a week of finishing the course and that wasn't much since I barely passed.  (I flunked the second semester of beginning algebra.)

Since I don't conceptualize 3D very well--probably because I don't have much depth vision to begin with--I decided that meshing just wasn't for me.  Same reason I don't sew much, if can't imagine what a pattern should work like on a human body you're not going to be very good at it.  This is a pain because historical costume research has been a hobby for the past 40 years.

I do halfway decent houses though. It's just that I use so much CC in designing them that I don't feel right putting them up anywhere. 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: