PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:31:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 190829 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #300 on: 2009 March 06, 01:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why hasn't someone picked you and stuck you into a vase already? People like you make the idea of plucking the hairs from private parts an attractive alternative to possibly becoming a parent...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009 March 06, 01:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*throws tsr crap on the troll* Sounded like it needed some more manure since it's spewing it out in our forum.

btw: is that peggy? I saw in a few of their other posts they pretty much were defending her. The comment would seem to make sense if so...
« Last Edit: 2009 March 06, 01:58:51 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009 March 06, 02:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's some fool that thinks the sun shines out of Peggy's gap, I guess.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2009 March 06, 02:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I don't think EA really supports the Exchange being a "booty," so to speak.  I think they're too lazy to moderate it correctly (and they probably started including meshes because they got sick of the 12s being confused and spamming them with e-mails when their downloads wouldn't work).  You can get a lot of adult content and read a lot of creepy stories on the Exchange too.  I doubt they want that.

You are right about those things! I'll take the job! I would love to reject some of those fugly sims over there and make the 12's cry! lol

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2009 March 06, 02:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am amazed and astounded that EA has finally cleared up this mess once and for all.

Three cheers for MaxoidDrea!

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
meowbark
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: 2009 March 06, 02:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if that is Peggy! Dear lord woman, you ARE NOT a 'BeautifulButtercup'

Change the name!

I'm 12 and what is this
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2009 March 06, 02:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bald spot certainly explains why her hairs are so gappy!  Cheesy

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2009 March 06, 02:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food for thought... if this really is the legal loophole that EA games is going to jump through to be able to protect and worship TSR's and other paysites asses, the booty might end up making paysites legal.  Follow me on this one, I know that sounds strange, but, techically, someone charging for content could say, "I'm only charging you for the convenience of downloading my stuff from my website.  If you want my stuff for free, go to the booty." 

The only problem with that is how do these booty shoppers know what to look for? In order for a site to fall under this protection, they would have to implement a "Pay at the Door" policy. So unless you've paid to get in, you don't know what's on the site. If you've already paid to get in, then everything on the site will be available to you. Why go somewhere else at that point. I can't imagine paying just to visit the forums or to submit creations or to see what kind of content they might have would be a particularly advantageous business practice. Unless you got some good p0rn happening it all sounds a bit restrictive to me.

I had a feeling that was going to be misunderstood. 

No, I am not saying that any paysite will ever leap for joy and say, "Thank you PMBD, We love you!"  We know that is never going to happen. 

However, if the whole idea is that "Noo, you're not paying for items, you're paying for something, it  just looks like its for  items!"  (Let's face it, to say you're paying for the site is ridiculous. Who is going to pay to merely look?) 

Now, if a site has multiple servers, they can offer all their stuff for free, but if you donate, you'll get a better server.  Then, you aren't really paying for the items, you're paying for the privilege of a fast download.

I would imagine that if there was any way, besides paying for items, to get items from any site, a paysite owner could get around that loophole by, instead of bitching about the booty, using it to prove their legality.  "I'm not charging for the items, I'm charging for the privilege of getting the items from my site.  My items are free somewhere, they're free on the booty."   They could even take it a step further and say, "If you donate, you can download the items here, and if they don't work as you hoped, I will replace them, or refund your money.  If you get them from the booty, I make no gaurentee, you're on your own." 

Do I think it's likely?  About as likely as a snowstorm in July in the Bahamas.  However, it would be ironic if by the booty's very existence, these paysite owners could continue and stay within the rights of the EULA.

The only stickler would be, of course, the artists at TSR.   They have nothing to do with the running of the site, they are paid by how many people download, there is no way to look at that as anything but "They are making a profit on Sims items."  Nothing can change that.  But, even Thomas's extravagant paycheck could be written off as "Costs of running the site." 

ETA:  Buttercup, go back to Peggy and let her know you came over and made your statement.  Then, go to the BBS and suck Drea's tits for awhile, because clearly you are not ready to be weaned off breastmilk.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2009 March 06, 03:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am amazed and astounded that EA has finally cleared up this mess once and for all.

Three cheers for MaxoidDrea!

Yeah, I'm glad they "cleared this mess up" too. The EULA means nothing and I'm going to make copies of the game for all my friends.

If Drea is that same Sims 3 Community manager or whatever she's called, did she pick the people who attended the creator's camp?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: 2009 March 06, 18:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=623 - coconut's take on the drea announcement.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: 2009 March 06, 19:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If, ( and that is a big IF ) ’the sims team’ is anyone other than Steve & Co

You know, that's been bothering me, especially since someone at TSR (was it Steve or Thomas?) was basically telling us to wait and see a week before that 'announcement' was made. I never really figured out how they knew this was going to happen, since officially TSR and EA have dick-all to do with eachother.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: 2009 March 06, 19:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really figured out how they knew this was going to happen, since officially TSR and EA have dick-all to do with eachother.

As we've discussed for the last umpteen pages, MaxoidDrea doesn't equal EA.  Wink

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2009 March 06, 19:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like some EA bigwig would intervene and tell everyone that Drea just pulled that statement out of her ass, rather than let her spread more wishy-washy crap around.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2009 March 06, 19:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems like some EA bigwig would intervene and tell everyone that Drea just pulled that statement out of her ass, rather than let her spread more wishy-washy crap around.

They'd have to know it was happening first. EA is very uninvolved with the community. They don't want to be bothered, which is why it's such a mess.

I know people have posted about talking to EA's lawyers about stuff. Has anyone run this past them, to see what they'd say?

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2009 March 06, 21:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If, ( and that is a big IF ) ’the sims team’ is anyone other than Steve & Co

You know, that's been bothering me, especially since someone at TSR (was it Steve or Thomas?) was basically telling us to wait and see a week before that 'announcement' was made. I never really figured out how they knew this was going to happen, since officially TSR and EA have dick-all to do with eachother.

TSR is in cahoots with EA. The sooner folks believe that, the sooner they'll understand. Tongue EA helps TSR. Period. I'm not sure when people are going to believe me; the evidence just piles higher and higher!

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: