PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:02:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?  (Read 192901 times)
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
Re: Ea makes statement March 2 making paysites ok?
« Reply #165 on: 2009 March 04, 02:53:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and have the "pirates" ever wished you a painful terminal illness?? Nah..didn't think so.

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2009 March 04, 02:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The greatest of us"....is he holding himself in line with Numenor? Lol!

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 March 04, 03:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eeew. A little like watching some pathetic moron trying to fellate himself.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 March 04, 03:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok wait, he went to the equivalent of junior high school. That can't be good. I get the whole bitter thing now. My bad.

While we're on the topic, why's he got his tits out over on TSR? Is he New Kathy?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 March 04, 03:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone like BBB should know better than to wish someone a disgusting and painful disease. We get that you value yourself higher than any human being in the world, man, you've already shown that plenty of times, but this several steps too far.
I also like how every reprehensive thing he says and does is always someone elses fault too. The pirates did it, HP did it, they did it, it's their fault, they made me do it. Guess what dude, you are what you allowed yourself to be. And no-one here has ever wished any diseases upon you, I can tell you that. So be real proud of yourself, you sure showed them nasty lowlife pirates!
« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 03:20:11 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 March 04, 03:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The greatest of us"....is he holding himself in line with Numenor? Lol!

"The greatest of us"... yeeeaaah. You make pretty pixels for a game. Numenor does little more. Pescado makes the game playable, Quaxi makes it moddable, but dude. Game. You aren't Rembrandt. Remove your head from your ass, please, it's unsightly.

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 March 04, 03:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well to me, they are not only saying "screw you pirates" but screw everyone who believes that all files should be free. There are many simmers who do not believe in paysites...but they really do not believe in the booty or this site either. By supporting the new statement in such a loud rude way ,  it is not only alienating pirates but many other people in the sim community who may not be as vocal . Basically, if there is any one in the community still on the fence about paysites and such ( and there are plenty still)  Such post will not win you any of their support. If they wanted to state their thoughts that is fine....but they were the ones acting like kids in junior high.

edited because I confused myself*

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 March 04, 03:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BeosBoxBoy's chimed in with a response:

http://beosboxboy.blogspot.com/2009/03/pmbd-must-be-destroyed-or-something.html

Thanks for chiming in, Numenor. It was really seeing what the pirates had done to you that was breaking point. If they would do it to the greatest of us, then it was clear their hubris knew no bounds.

In truth, I only care about artists' rights, end of story. But the pirates have made this a playing field where moderation cannot exist, so if I offend any by my immoderate and hateful words, so be it; the pirates have been hating me good and strong, so it's only fair I give them as good as they're given me.

The days of my giving a shit about what people think about what I say or do ended when I was in the equivalent of junior high school.
    5:06 PM, March 03, 2009

Beos is ridiculous. You'd think someone deathly ill would have more perspective.

Numenor is also ridiculous. What he doesn't seem to get is that it's nothing personal, it's about principle. When we had the discussion back two years ago, I was against putting his silly tanning bed up in the booty, but I came to understand that it wouldn't be intellectually honest to make an exception.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 March 04, 03:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think he was calling Numenor "the greatest of us", not himself. I could be misreading it, though.

What I don't understand is why he feels so personally targeted. "The pirates have been hating me good and strong"? Really? Because I spend plenty of time lurking around this forum, and this is the first time I've even heard of the guy. I certainly don't see any "We Hate Beosboxboy!" threads around here either.

This guy just doesn't understand irony at all, does he? The "artist's rights" bit made me laugh-- because obviously what he considers to be the artist's rights totally overrides what the EULA states. Hasn't the guy figured out yet that he completely misread (and totally overinflated) the BBS post?

I sing along with elevator music.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 March 04, 03:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah and have the "pirates" ever wished you a painful terminal illness?? Nah..didn't think so.

Which is probably the sickest thing about this particular man-twat. He whined and whined about his own various illnesses and then turns around and wishes terminal cancer on others. His ability to do so is seriously leading me to suspect that he was faking it for the attention that, apparently, he can't live without. Maybe it's because I simply can't comprehend anyone being so vile that they would wish cancer on others if they'd had to deal with it them self.  I guess no matter how you look at it, he truly is a sick individual.

« Last Edit: 2009 March 04, 07:01:17 by SnarkyShark » Logged
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: 2009 March 04, 03:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Numenor mods the game too - he might not fix major bugs, but he does mod, not so much mesh/texture.

For my own part, I want to know if that's really Numenor.  Signing a post as such doesn't make it so.  If it is, I'm really sad.  He's always been helpful and polite.

As for BBB, I've never wished him ill, just thought he was a twit for going completely over to tsr when his partner is a free creator.

And sorry, BBB, but I've already -had- my brush with cancer, near enough.  And with a still damaged jaw, won't be sucking anything anytime soon.

Also, if it were confirmed that anyone could ask for that damn tanning bed without a donation, I'd say ditch it.  Regardless of what Numenor may or may not think about us, if its available for free, its not a pay file anymore.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 March 04, 03:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have but this to say to BBB: Fuck you, Yakov! I gave support and friendship until the day you started to suck your own self like a monkey in a zoo, showing what all you could do to the people watching you fling crap for your own amusement. Just remember that it was a pirate that taught you some of your best insults when people would bother you to make content that you found personally objectionable, you rotten asshat.

To nastygirl, I know kind of what you're going through, we lost my dad to cancer two years ago in June, but his was too far advanced when they discovered it, or so the doctor claims, to have done anything for it. He's done this same thing to other elderly patients who did go to someone else and so gain more years to their lives. Yes, he's under investigation now for this, btw. I hope some old lady beats that son of a bitch up with her purse, I really do. And I hope there's a bar of lead in that purse as well.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 March 04, 03:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ass-cancer thing pissed me off as well, I had relative who died of colon cancer. Nice job BBB. Hope you feel good about yourself for getting that worked up over a game to wish someone cancer.

It's a shame that BBB can read enough to validate his own arguments (poorly) but can't read enough to see how stupid that BBS post was.

While there is no change to our End User License Agreement,
no change to our End User License Agreement,
Clarification my ass. PMBD is still right, Paysites are still illegal, EA is still straddling the fence for all it's worth, and BBB is an asshole. And if that is really Numenor, my opinion of him has tanked.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2009 March 04, 04:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eeew. A little like watching some pathetic moron trying to fellate himself.

Cheesy He certainly seems to think he rates quite highly in this little drama - sticking it to the man - I'm sure he thinks it's all about him. 

As for taking a BBS mod's word - well, that's sorta like SMBurpie, whose abusive and absolutely wrong SecuRom advice I screenshotted at the time and sent along to the SecuRom class action people. I screenshotted MaxoidDrea too, because if it comes up in future as a justification for why someone can ignore the EULA, then along it will go.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Evanesce
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 March 04, 04:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My goodness, SimSecret going to blow up this Friday.

Anywho, nothing has changed in the EULA, and everything is basically the same, so why are all these people freaking out and wishing people harm?  It's disgusting, and makes me wonder how some pixels on some game has made people stoop so low as to wish cancer on somebody (BBB) or try to use somebodies illness for gain (Thomass).  Doesn't BBB have a terminal illness, anyways? (I believe I have read that before)  Why wish something so terrible on somebody, if you are supposedly going through it yourself, or something similar?  Ugh. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: